The Forest is Green!

174 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

The Forest is Green!

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 07:17

Forest Green in the league 2 play offs. What a great achievement from the boys from the small village in nailsworth. Can they do it and pull off a miracle and get into league 1?!
Who knows. Watch this space

Old Man Andrews

Re: The Forest is Green!

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 08:03

This should be in the Football League thread. If you like Forest Green so much then piss off to a Forest Green forum, we won't miss you.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 08:15

Stop ruining every thread John Smith and following me around within 4 seconds of me posting and get back to work.

The drive through customers at Maccy Ds don't serve themselves.

Anyway back on topic. Do we think Doidge will stay next season? After Bolton tried to pry him away! He has been key in the play off push.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Apr 2019 09:39

I had tickets for a FGR match the other week. Got to Nailsworth, asked someone where the ground was and he said "Follow the crowd".

I ended up in the garden centre.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 09:40

From Despair To Where? I had tickets for a FGR match the other week. Got to Nailsworth, asked someone where the ground was and he said "Follow the crowd".

I ended up in the garden centre.

You probably had a better time there than you would at the game. Forest Green are such a flash in the pan, will be out of business in a few years time.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Apr 2019 09:45

Existing in a village of 5,000 people in pretty firm rugby country, there's clearly a ceiling to their ambitions and I reckon they're very close to hitting it.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Apr 2019 09:50

Similarly, Histon (even beating Leeds Leeds Leeds in the FA Cup) came close to league status, then fell away into obscurity and financial misery.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 09:57

I think you may well be wrong. They have the financial backing for the long term and an ambitious english chairman who will stay (I know this) and is pumping money in. They want to be in the championship in 5 years from when they went up last season. Not out the realms of possibility

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 09:58

You don't know anything. This has been well documented in your time here.

Forest Green will be like Yeovil, have a few years in the limelight and then disappear to the lower reaches of English football where they belong.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Apr 2019 10:21

The Enfield Royal71 I think you may well be wrong. They have the financial backing for the long term and an ambitious english chairman who will stay (I know this) and is pumping money in. They want to be in the championship in 5 years from when they went up last season. Not out the realms of possibility

Well, if the chairman is pumping money in to get to the Championship then they will be royally fcuked by FFP when they get there.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 10:23

From Despair To Where?
The Enfield Royal71 I think you may well be wrong. They have the financial backing for the long term and an ambitious english chairman who will stay (I know this) and is pumping money in. They want to be in the championship in 5 years from when they went up last season. Not out the realms of possibility

Well, if the chairman is pumping money in to get to the Championship then they will be royally fcuked by FFP when they get there.

They need to know thier limits, the could be a sustainable League 2 or 1 club for many years to come. Chairman is a massive egotistical bellend (vegan) who won't know when to stop though.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 11:02

Old Man Andrews You don't know anything. This has been well documented in your time here.

Forest Green will be like Yeovil, have a few years in the limelight and then disappear to the lower reaches of English football where they belong.

I know more about football then you. I have multiple connections in the game and people who work within it, and I myself did. You on the other hand, coach under 7s and think you know everything. Run along now.

Forest Green will be a force to be reckoned with soon. They have a huge following, vegan power and money.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 11:06

Force to be reckoned with :D :D :D :D :D Just a punch of plant shaggers who will run out of money and bugger off back to non-league where a club like Forest Green belong.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Apr 2019 11:41

Huge following?

Average attendance 2,600.

Be proud of what they've achieved by all means but be realistic. Having money is one thing but it has to be sustainable.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Apr 2019 12:14

The Enfield Royal71 I have multiple connections in the game and people who work within it, and I myself did.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Apr 2019 12:52

Regardless of whether this is in the right forum it is quite some fairy tale.
Clubs like Hereford, Yeovil, Burton,Maidstone and now possibly Solihull Moors have overachieved over the years and I suspect it could eventually all end in tears but in no way do I begrudge them their moment in the sun.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Apr 2019 13:14

Victor Meldrew Regardless of whether this is in the right forum it is quite some fairy tale.
Clubs like Hereford, Yeovil, Burton,Maidstone and now possibly Solihull Moors have overachieved over the years and I suspect it could eventually all end in tears but in no way do I begrudge them their moment in the sun.

How is throwing millions and millions of pounds at a club in order to get in the football league a fairytale? It is just inevitable. The money will run out quite soon though.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 23 Apr 2019 13:27

The Enfield Royal71 has made this whole thread purely to troll in and by replying to him you are giving him the limelight. Rather like Forest Green's existence in many respects, this will be closed and consigned to history very shortly.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Apr 2019 13:30

Old Man Andrews
Victor Meldrew Regardless of whether this is in the right forum it is quite some fairy tale.

How is throwing millions and millions of pounds at a club in order to get in the football league a fairytale? It is just inevitable. The money will run out quite soon though.

Do you have full details of the club's finances?
They certainly haven't spent a fortune on transfer fees.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 23 Apr 2019 13:31

John Smith The Enfield Royal71 has made this whole thread purely to troll in and by replying to him you are giving him the limelight. Rather like Forest Green's existence in many respects, this will be closed and consigned to history very shortly.

No I haven't OMA, I am a fan of the club and don't see why a Chelsea, Man United or Liverpool thread get started by fans of them (come it, its painfully obvious Brobot or Vic have no interest in Reading Fc and have never been to a game) but I cannot start one like this.

Infact there should be more threads about other teams on here. I loved AFC Wimbledon, burton etc rise up the leagues and fair play to them.

174 posts