The Forest is Green!

174 posts
The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Forest is Green!

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Apr 2019 08:45

Thanks but can we get back on topic.

Apparently reading have been linked with Reece Brown, forest green rovers suoerstar. Do you think we will get him? He is a very good young talent.

What about doidgy ? Do you think he will stay or go?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Apr 2019 08:48

Stranded
Old Man Andrews
Stranded
Vitesse Arnhem would very strongly disagree with that view. He was nothing short of excellent in Holland - scoring about 1 in 4 from midfield. It's where his reputation, as is, was built.

Now if you just mean his loans in English football, then fair enough they've not been great until now.

Not sure it is possible to look bad at Vitesse, they play in a very poor league barring 3 decent sides. He hasn't kicked on since then in English football which was more the point. I think it is purely down to the fact he hasn't been appreciated anywhere else or loved. Our supporters clearly love him and you can tell by his passion that he is feeling that and the performances have followed. Think we have a good chance of signing him if Swift goes.

It's easier to just say, oh yeah forgot he had a good loan at Vitesse. ;-)

Agreed he hasn't kicked on but put that down mainly to bad club choices made for him by Chelsea since his return - it's a major flaw of the way Chelsea operate and can stilt a number of careers if he loanee isn't matched correctly to the loan club.

Not sure on his officual valuation but I would imagine we could meet it surely? Swift sale is key to it though I feel. Only stumbling block I'd see are the wages.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Apr 2019 08:58

Baker has been excellent for England U21s at times as well.

I think you'd find MK fans would speak quite highly of him from his loan spell there, and probably 'Boro fans too.

As with a lot of players who keep getting chucked out on loan by the likes of Chelsea, I think he really needs to find himself a permanent move somewhere where he can start to build a proper role for himself in a side.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Apr 2019 11:07

The Enfield Royal71 the keeper who was utter shite they had last season from chelsea (young blonde lad name escapes me) was getting paid 90k by Chelsea at 21.......

So Bradley Collins, a 21 year old who came through their youth team but has never actually played a single game for Chelsea, was on loan at a club who just got promoted from tier 5 to tier 4 and was being paid £90k per week for it, even though that is believed to be a higher wage than some of their first team players like Ross Barkley and Marcos Alonso?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Apr 2019 11:11

Winston Biscuit
The Enfield Royal71 the keeper who was utter shite they had last season from chelsea (young blonde lad name escapes me) was getting paid 90k by Chelsea at 21.......

So Bradley Collins, a 21 year old who came through their youth team but has never actually played a single game for Chelsea, was on loan at a club who just got promoted from tier 5 to tier 4 and was being paid £90k per week for it, even though that is believed to be a higher wage than some of their first team players like Ross Barkley and Marcos Alonso?

I said a year smarty pants. :wink:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Apr 2019 11:12

The Enfield Royal71
Winston Biscuit

you didn't say that, but I will accept my error in making an assumption.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Apr 2019 11:16

Winston Biscuit
The Enfield Royal71
Winston Biscuit

you didn't say that, but I will accept my error in making an assumption.

I didn't in that post but did in a later one bro

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 24 Apr 2019 16:32

I feel sorry for the genuine FG supporters, the chairman is an eco-maniac and is only wanting to self promote.
He called them the only vegan football club in the world :lol: lets get back to what football is about, working class real people supporting their local team not about ideological views. They have an air of Dulwich Hamlet about them!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Apr 2019 16:50

Rea Ding I feel sorry for the genuine FG supporters, the chairman is an eco-maniac and is only wanting to self promote.
He called them the only vegan football club in the world :lol: lets get back to what football is about, working class real people supporting their local team not about ideological views. They have an air of Dulwich Hamlet about them!

Well said, spot on.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 24 Apr 2019 17:02

Old Man Andrews
Rea Ding I feel sorry for the genuine FG supporters, the chairman is an eco-maniac and is only wanting to self promote.

Well said, spot on.

Don't think football is such a working class thing these days.

I think its a good thing what he is doing. Football is as much about the brand as it is winning, and we all know that unfortunately vegans are going to be ever more popular soon so they will naturally become one of England's top clubs

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Apr 2019 22:32

So loads of Vegan football fans are going to change alliegance to FGR because they are a Vegan club? Not going to happen. They're selling a £20 match ticket for a ground where the nearest train station is in a different town, not a £1 sausage roll that you can buy on every high street.

I bet if Greggs opened a branch across the road from the ground, they'd do a roaring trade on match day.

Just out of interest, if I were to take a Ginsters Peppered Steak slice with me to a FGR game, would I be frisked at the turnstile and have it confiscated?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Apr 2019 06:29

From Despair To Where? So loads of Vegan football fans are going to change alliegance to FGR because they are a Vegan club? Not going to happen. They're selling a £20 match ticket for a ground where the nearest train station is in a different town, not a £1 sausage roll that you can buy on every high street.

I bet if Greggs opened a branch across the road from the ground, they'd do a roaring trade on match day.

Just out of interest, if I were to take a Ginsters Peppered Steak slice with me to a FGR game, would I be frisked at the turnstile and have it confiscated?

Yeah you would. There is a strict no normal food policy.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Apr 2019 07:57

So no non vegan products allowed in the ground. Have you ever tried putting non dairy milk in a cup of coffee? It turns into cottage cheese.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 25 Apr 2019 08:06, edited 1 time in total.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Apr 2019 08:02

.....double post.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 25 Apr 2019 11:31

From Despair To Where? So no non vegan products allowed in the ground. Have you ever tried putting non dairy milk in a cup of coffee? It turns into cottage cheese.

I just have it black.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 25 Apr 2019 12:25

From Despair To Where? .....double post.

Double post > Double D

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Apr 2019 09:18

The Enfield Royal71
From Despair To Where? So no non vegan products allowed in the ground. Have you ever tried putting non dairy milk in a cup of coffee? It turns into cottage cheese.

I just have it black.

Like your men.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Apr 2019 09:20

Sanguine
The Enfield Royal71

I just have it black.

Like your men.

Wasn't expecting this from you, well played. 10 points.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 26 Apr 2019 22:26

big game in Crewe tomorrow that I am going to. Need to get a good play off spot and avoid mk dons

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Apr 2019 11:50

Old Man Andrews
Victor Meldrew Regardless of whether this is in the right forum it is quite some fairy tale.
Clubs like Hereford, Yeovil, Burton,Maidstone and now possibly Solihull Moors have overachieved over the years and I suspect it could eventually all end in tears but in no way do I begrudge them their moment in the sun.

How is throwing millions and millions of pounds at a club in order to get in the football league a fairytale? It is just inevitable. The money will run out quite soon though.

Yeovil were pretty always been a well supported club at non-league level, and probably ought to be about where Wycombe are, as a sort of League one/two yoyo club. Burton will probably be around that level too.

Hereford were a pretty solid 4th tier club, who never looked out of place in the league.

Unlike many clubs, Solihull Moors don't seem to be a bankrolled club living beyond their means. They are just having an exceptionally good season.

Given Maidstone's crowds have been matching the National League average, or better, since returning home seven years ago, I'm a bit puzzled as to how they've overachieved.

174 posts