2019/20 Season - How will it end?

226 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: 2019/20 Season - How will it end?

by URZZZZ » 16 Mar 2020 16:45

Hendo
6ft Kerplunk Someone should tell Karen Brady that if the season gets cancelled that it'll start again in August but all clubs must have the same manager and players as they did in August '19. See how keen she is on it then.

Keeping hold of Filipe Anderson? They might take it, tbh.

He’s not very good

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Mar 2020 16:46

URZZZZ
Hendo
6ft Kerplunk Someone should tell Karen Brady that if the season gets cancelled that it'll start again in August but all clubs must have the same manager and players as they did in August '19. See how keen she is on it then.

He’s not very good

Been iffy this year, but was excellent last year.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Mar 2020 16:49

Hendo
URZZZZ
Hendo

He’s not very good

Been iffy this year, but was excellent last year.

Not sure, he had a good purple patch last year IIRC but for what they paid, he was slightly underwhelming

Think he’s one of those players who is good technically but not physically and thus the Premier League isn’t suited to him

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Mar 2020 18:08

A lot of players contracts end on 30th June so I would have thought the authorities would want the season to end by this date at the latest.
The current season could perhaps restart in May and finish by end June. This assumes the Euros will be put back a year.

The new season could then be put back by a month allowing the players a break.
Scrap the domestic Cups next season.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Mar 2020 19:43

Zip A lot of players contracts end on 30th June so I would have thought the authorities would want the season to end by this date at the latest.
The current season could perhaps restart in May and finish by end June. This assumes the Euros will be put back a year.

West Ham won't have a stadium in May....what are they gonna do? This was part of Brady's rant about null and voiding the season, as well as the contracts thing.
I am surprised a multi billion pound organisation like the PL don't have rules in place for a scenario like this....whether it be virus, terrorist or a major catastrophe.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Mar 2020 22:06

Ascotexgunner
Zip A lot of players contracts end on 30th June so I would have thought the authorities would want the season to end by this date at the latest.

West Ham won't have a stadium in May....what are they gonna do? This was part of Brady's rant about null and voiding the season, as well as the contracts thing.
I am surprised a multi billion pound organisation like the PL don't have rules in place for a scenario like this....whether it be virus, terrorist or a major catastrophe.

Karen Brady should not even be running a football team. She knows utterly oxf*rd all about the game.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 17 Mar 2020 01:06

Would have thought some footballers/managers/staff would have booked holidays some time ago for the summer...which obviously could extend to late May/June. Not sure they'd be too thrilled to miss out

And pushing the Euros back a year? May affect the qualification process for the World Cup the season after, and don't forget, we have U21 Championship's to fit in too

A lot of problems, too few solutions

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Mar 2020 02:19

Snowflake Royal
Give Liverpool an honorary trophy, they're that far ahead.

fcuk that noise...give em a certificate at best

Void the season...things remain as they started

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Mar 2020 02:21

Silver Fox Come back (behind closed doors probably) on April 3rd, cancel the FA cup, play twice a week, job done. There's no way you don't complete the season somehow without knackering football in this country forever. Biased or not Liverpool are Premier League champions and only desperate haters (Hi Brobot!! :P ) could argue against that. However, all the other promotion and relegation outcomes absolutely have to be decided correctly.

The big issue is Europe obviously, if UEFA were definitely canning the euros you'd think they'd have cancelled the playoffs due in a couple of weeks already wouldn't they? I do reckon there'd be more chance of the Euros going ahead as planned if they weren't such an absolute nonsense this year, thanks Michel!

Of course all of this kind of doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Man City could still finish 2 points above you. :? :lol:

You've won fcuk all yet! Means Utd won't get CL either

But you got to play it as it lies...why should it affect the next season

Will Hodgson be allowed to manage? He's 72 right? Bielsa and Ancelotti are getting on a bit as well

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2020 08:45

URZZZZ

Would have thought some footballers/managers/staff would have booked holidays some time ago for the summer...which obviously could extend to late May/June. Not sure they'd be too thrilled to miss out

And pushing the Euros back a year? May affect the qualification process for the World Cup the season after, and don't forget, we have U21 Championship's to fit in too

A lot of problems, too few solutions

There is a little bit of a leeway in that the World Cup Finals in 2022 are nearly five months later than usual. So if everything is shunted back five months(appreciate it’s a lot more complex than that) then it could still all work. It’s going to be very messy.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 17 Mar 2020 08:52

Ascotexgunner

When will be a safe date for the football to start again following the virus? 3 weeks, 3 months? People don't know that yet, that's the big question.

A terrorist attack and a natural disaster, while terrible and horrifying, you can plan a little better around.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Mar 2020 08:54

BR0B0T
Silver Fox Come back (behind closed doors probably) on April 3rd, cancel the FA cup, play twice a week, job done. There's no way you don't complete the season somehow without knackering football in this country forever. Biased or not Liverpool are Premier League champions and only desperate haters (Hi Brobot!! :P ) could argue against that. However, all the other promotion and relegation outcomes absolutely have to be decided correctly.

The big issue is Europe obviously, if UEFA were definitely canning the euros you'd think they'd have cancelled the playoffs due in a couple of weeks already wouldn't they? I do reckon there'd be more chance of the Euros going ahead as planned if they weren't such an absolute nonsense this year, thanks Michel!

Of course all of this kind of doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Man City could still finish 2 points above you. :? :lol:

You've won fcuk all yet! Means Utd won't get CL either

But you got to play it as it lies...why should it affect the next season

Will Hodgson be allowed to manage? He's 72 right? Bielsa and Ancelotti are getting on a bit as well

Calm down to a panic m8, you'll still be one ahead (although not for long probably)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Mar 2020 08:54

f
Hendo
Ascotexgunner

When will be a safe date for the football to start again following the virus? 3 weeks, 3 months? People don't know that yet, that's the big question.

A terrorist attack and a natural disaster, while terrible and horrifying, you can plan a little better around.

It’s likely to be a long time before we see games being watched by fans inside stadiums. Ant see it happening in three weeks time.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 17 Mar 2020 13:59

It won't be safe to start football again in April any more than it will be 'safe' for the government to lift the social restrictions just announced. They surely go hand in hand. There is every possibility now that the season is done.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Mar 2020 14:04

Euros postponed to next summer

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediase ... 41071.html

I would think it’s not going to be until June at the earliest for clubs to be playing again, that said though think leagues could resume playing games earlier behind closed doors so long as each club and appointed officials have a clean bill of health. Perhaps some financial remuneration could also be given to the home club (eg. the average takings based on preceding games).

I would scrap the FA Cup for this season and also consider either scrapping play off games (highest league position would take final promotion places) or play them over one leg at a neutral ground (or at the ground of the team that finished highest).

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 19 Mar 2020 13:49

PL and FA say that the 19/20 season will be finished, and will be extended indefinitely to enable it to do so.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 19 Mar 2020 13:54

And the earliest it will restart is Thursday 30 April.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Mar 2020 15:51

Am I right in thinking, that if Liverpool had beaten Watford, they'd have the title?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Mar 2020 16:01

No

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 30 Apr 2020 17:21

French League settled on PPG. PSG Champions, bottom 2 clubs on PPG relegated.

226 posts