Sky Sports/ BT Sports

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Sky Sports/ BT Sports

by 6ft Kerplunk » 23 Mar 2020 16:42

Soz for skim reading stuff, didn't notice they you can still watch bit. So yeah why haven't they just paused everyone's subscription.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Mar 2020 17:01

Franchise FC
Sanguine
6ft Kerplunk Some people may still be watching endless repeats of the last couple of decades of the Sky Sports archive just to get their sporting fix.

The channels don't get removed.

Isn't that what 'Still watch the channels ...' means ?

Yes it is.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Mar 2020 20:31

ITV have apparently decided to dig out all the games from Euro 1996 and show them again starting in May.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Mar 2020 22:08

Nice...I can down a bottle of whiskey and turn up for work hungover and puking into the kitchen sink when we get knocked out once again

Coming home...my arse

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 29 Mar 2020 17:50

6ft Kerplunk Soz for skim reading stuff, didn't notice they you can still watch bit. So yeah why haven't they just paused everyone's subscription.

As anyone who's ever run a subscription business will attest - about half of your revenue comes from people who no longer use you service (and in most of those cases are even aware they still pay for it)

To put another way, it's pretty obvious why sky haven't paused all subs isn't it?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Mar 2020 17:48

Green
6ft Kerplunk Soz for skim reading stuff, didn't notice they you can still watch bit. So yeah why haven't they just paused everyone's subscription.

As anyone who's ever run a subscription business will attest - about half of your revenue comes from people who no longer use you service (and in most of those cases are even aware they still pay for it)

To put another way, it's pretty obvious why sky haven't paused all subs isn't it?

I don't think anyone was suggesting that pausing subscriptions was the best decision from a pure bottom line perspective. I think we are in 'right thing to do' territory though.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 17 Apr 2020 20:21

Sanguine
Green

I don't think anyone was suggesting that pausing subscriptions was the best decision from a pure bottom line perspective. I think we are in 'right thing to do' territory though.

Sure, but Sky?