newcastle takeover now complete

PATRIQT

Re: newcastle takeover now complete

by PATRIQT » 18 Oct 2021 17:02

Ascotexgunner Chance of CL footy with Rangers. Newcastle will never see that.

Richest club in the world and you make a statement like that.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Oct 2021 19:23

PATRIQT

Yes ........and?
Paris, Madrid, Barcelona (again one day), London, Manchester are where big names want to go.
Even Liverpool struggle to get the big names unless they have a great manager like now. 1 title in 30 years and having spent fortunes proves that point. Sometimes it isn't about money, it's about influences and the club and where the players want to take their family, and Newcastle I doubt is top of that list. They will have to bust FFP to build a decent team up there.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Oct 2021 08:41

LOL at being the worlds richest club meaning they will see CL football

Top players would not want to go there when they are already at top teams

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Oct 2021 08:49

Rest of the PL clearly not happy with the takeover and have slapped a temporary ban on sponsorship deals with existing business contacts. 18 voted for the new rule, only Newcastle against. Man City abstained.

In short, means that the new owners can't now strike sponsorship deals with companies they currently have links to at potentially inflated prices i.e. they can't do what Man City have done and sell naming rights to the stadium to one of their companies. This is only a temporary ban and both Newcastle and City have questioned it's legality.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 19 Oct 2021 10:36

Ascotexgunner
PATRIQT

Yes ........and?
Paris, Madrid, Barcelona (again one day), London, Manchester are where big names want to go.
Even Liverpool struggle to get the big names unless they have a great manager like now. 1 title in 30 years and having spent fortunes proves that point. Sometimes it isn't about money, it's about influences and the club and where the players want to take their family, and Newcastle I doubt is top of that list. They will have to bust FFP to build a decent team up there.

TBF when they had money in the past and/or a big name manager they did attract top players and under Keegan they were very close to being champions.
The main thing for them this season is survival in the Premier League and that is far from being a gimme.
There aren't that many mercenaries that would go there if they were in the Championship.

I can see them surviving if they bring in players of the calibre of say Lacazette,Sam Johnstone,Oxlade-Chamberlin,Milner,Swift,Boly,Souttar etc.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Oct 2021 10:44

Is there any chance any big name players would have ethical qualms about playing for murderers?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 19 Oct 2021 11:47

Silver Fox Is there any chance any big name players would have ethical qualms about playing for murderers?

No if they are playing in the world cup

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 19 Oct 2021 13:01

Which top players will be playing for murderers at the world cup then?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Oct 2021 13:47

Ascotexgunner
PATRIQT

Yes ........and?

Players will go where there is money and a good chance of success, yes London would possibly be a preferred choice if several English clubs were in a chase but after that it’s all much of a muchness.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Oct 2021 16:04

I'm a little tired of opposition from other PL clubs. As members of the PL Board, they always had the power to add stricter controls over who could buy a club but chose not to, probably because they didn't want to rule out the possibility of being the beneficiary of a takeover by a corrupt regime for lots of money themselves.

Now they are voting on sponsorship rules to ensure Newcastle can't be another City, but we all know it's basically all to defend their competitive position and not out of consideration of fairness.

Maybe in the future they should be proactive in building a fairer structure for the game instead of being reactive and shouting "That's not fair" when they feel threatened.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Oct 2021 16:50

Sutekh
Ascotexgunner
PATRIQT

Yes ........and?

Players will go where there is money and a good chance of success, yes London would possibly be a preferred choice if several English clubs were in a chase but after that it’s all much of a muchness.

Newcastle have not won a major trophy in my lifetime and I'm 50. I reckon 95% of players, given the chance of earning £120k a week or £100k a week with a decent chance of winning trophies, would pick the latter. They could offer Mbappe £750k a week and he won't go there. There's no footballing incentive.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Nov 2021 19:34

So football365 reporting that PFI are trying to buy Inter and have been not that impressed with their purchase of Newcastle. Be bloody hilarious if they decided Newcastle were to become a feeder club.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Nov 2021 08:03

Ascotexgunner So football365 reporting that PFI are trying to buy Inter and have been not that impressed with their purchase of Newcastle. Be bloody hilarious if they decided Newcastle were to become a feeder club.

Could work out for Newcastle if PFI set up a network similar to the one the Watford owners have and players are shipped around clubs as they see fit - could see Newcastle initially at least get access to Inter players they may normally have had no chance with as they look to move them up the table.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 10 Nov 2021 11:41

Ascotexgunner So football365 reporting that PFI are trying to buy Inter and have been not that impressed with their purchase of Newcastle.

Given that the takeover took so long how are they in anyway surprised about the state of the club they bought?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Nov 2021 11:51

6ft Kerplunk
Ascotexgunner So football365 reporting that PFI are trying to buy Inter and have been not that impressed with their purchase of Newcastle.

Given that the takeover took so long how are they in anyway surprised about the state of the club they bought?

If that really is the case (it isn't) then whoever performed the due diligence needs publicly shaming