Which Prem player's transfer will exceed the 100m paid for Grealish

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Which Prem player's transfer will exceed the 100m paid for Grealish

by URZZZZ » 24 Nov 2021 02:12

Smith Rowe (and Saka) have huge potential

Ultimately down to whether Arsenal can hit high levels again. Improvement is evident this season but the gap between them and the “top 3” is still huge

Don’t think Rice would fit at a big club as well as you’d expect. Very adept at bursting forwards into space with the ball. Little opportunity for that as part of a “top club” playing against banks of defenders. Same feeling with Phillips too, albeit different play styles

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Nov 2021 07:45

URZZZZ Smith Rowe (and Saka) have huge potential

Ultimately down to whether Arsenal can hit high levels again. Improvement is evident this season but the gap between them and the “top 3” is still huge

Don’t think Rice would fit at a big club as well as you’d expect. Very adept at bursting forwards into space with the ball. Little opportunity for that as part of a “top club” playing against banks of defenders. Same feeling with Phillips too, albeit different play styles

Rice appears to me to be an upgrade on Henderson, if Liverpool want to go that way

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 24 Nov 2021 09:55

South Coast Royal I'm not sure that Rice would command such a high fee as £100 million even if West Ham think he is worth that much.

Personally I rate Kalvin Phillips higher because of his more accurate passing (essential for a top grade midfielder) but again as the big bucks tend to get paid for strikers and creative midfielders/ goalscorers I can't see anybody (even big spending Man Utd) paying that much for Rice or Phillips even if that type of player is desperately needed by them.

I rate Phillips higher at the moment purely on versatility but Rice is a few years younger so will get better. Phillips would be a good fit for Liverpool with Henderson and Thiago being 30+.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Nov 2021 10:30

Franchise FC
URZZZZ Smith Rowe (and Saka) have huge potential

Rice appears to me to be an upgrade on Henderson, if Liverpool want to go that way

I don't think that is true...... yet.
Henderson was run-of-the-mill when he first went to Liverpool but he has blossomed into a very good all-round midfielder even if his goal tally could have been more-mind you, with the fab front 3 banging them in for the past 3 seasons any goal input from him has been generally unnecessary.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 24 Nov 2021 10:32

6ft Kerplunk
South Coast Royal I'm not sure that Rice would command such a high fee as £100 million even if West Ham think he is worth that much.

Personally I rate Kalvin Phillips higher because of his more accurate passing (essential for a top grade midfielder) but again as the big bucks tend to get paid for strikers and creative midfielders/ goalscorers I can't see anybody (even big spending Man Utd) paying that much for Rice or Phillips even if that type of player is desperately needed by them.

I rate Phillips higher at the moment purely on versatility but Rice is a few years younger so will get better. Phillips would be a good fit for Liverpool with Henderson and Thiago being 30+.

It has been suggested that this might happen at the end of this season with Leeds preferring to sell to them rather than Man Utd (after the Cantona and Ferdinand transfers proved a bit too successful!!).

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 24 Nov 2021 11:26

Leeds getting relegated, Phillips going to Man Untied and the subsequent reaction of the Leeds fans would have me chuckling all summer.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Nov 2021 18:28

6ft Kerplunk Leeds getting relegated, Phillips going to Man Untied and the subsequent reaction of the Leeds fans would have me chuckling all summer.

Why would he go to a second tier PL club ?
:wink:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 25 Nov 2021 13:15

At £70m Haaland is an absolute steal with remainder made up in his wages.

Surely he knows where he is going. Premier League has to be the place right now.

Surely what happened with his dad rules out Man Utd surely? Then because of the links to that, and money they must of saved, he has to be going to Man City surely?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 25 Nov 2021 13:20

paultheroyal At £70m Haaland is an absolute steal with remainder made up in his wages.

Surely he knows where he is going. Premier League has to be the place right now.

Surely what happened with his dad rules out Man Utd surely? Then because of the links to that, and money they must of saved, he has to be going to Man City surely?

He doesn't strike me as a Pep style player, I think Guardiola would have to change his teams style of play to accomodate him.

Would love to see him playing over here though, would go out of my way to get tickets to see him live. The bloke is an animal.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Nov 2021 13:35

If Chelsea hadn't got Lukaku, he would have been a perfect fit.

Can't see either Lukaku or Haaland accepting a rotation or, worse, being second choice