11%
Lampard
2%

Total votes: 63
soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

Next England captain?

by soggy biscuit » 03 Jul 2006 17:25

because there are not enough polls going right now....

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 17:28

Theo Walcott :shock: :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 03 Jul 2006 17:28

It'll be Terry, he's young, has passion, is Chelsea captain and i personally think the Captain should be somebody that can see most of the game so thats either a centre back or a goalkeeper.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 17:29

It will be either JT or Gerrard - Either will do a very good job

Neville is too old
Owen is not captain material
Rio is a thick cvnt
There's no way Lampard is going to get the nod ahead of Stevie G or JT

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 17:31

TBM It'll be Terry, he's young, has passion, is Chelsea captain and i personally think the Captain should be somebody that can see most of the game so thats either a centre back or a goalkeeper.

I would questions is credentials as a captain, but I don't think he will be one of the 2 best centre backs England have in a couple of years time

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 17:34

TBF - All the captain does for England is be the spokesman for the media.

Tactically, the game is down to the manager, so are the seolections, the captain is just another voice to motivate and lead the team out and decide which to call when the coin is tossed.

It's hardly like a cricket captain where you are involved in selections and dictate the game tactically.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 17:36

Finch Royal TBF - All the captain does for England is be the spokesman for the media.

Tactically, the game is down to the manager, so are the seolections, the captain is just another voice to motivate and lead the team out and decide which to call when the coin is tossed.

It's hardly like a cricket captain where you are involved in selections and dictate the game tactically.

Not strictly true. The tactics are down to the manager, but have to be reinforced on the pitch, and that is the job done by the captain, ensuring the team keeps their shape and is irganised at set peices.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 03 Jul 2006 17:37

Terry, no question.

Two reasons:
1. He's a natural leader and a soldier.
2. The media wouldn't be able to understand Gerrard.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 17:38

Big Ern
Finch Royal TBF - All the captain does for England is be the spokesman for the media.

Not strictly true. The tactics are down to the manager, but have to be reinforced on the pitch, and that is the job done by the captain, ensuring the team keeps their shape and is irganised at set peices.

Essentially that is down to the manager again, bellowing from the touchline, however, i guess Beckham took that role from Sven as he bearly said a word.

Furthermore, a good side and good players should know their roles and not need them to be re-inforced.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 17:40

I'd prefer JT - save Stevie G to concetrate on his Liverpool career. :wink:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 17:45

Finch Royal
Big Ern

Essentially that is down to the manager again, bellowing from the touchline, however, i guess Beckham took that role from Sven as he bearly said a word.

Furthermore, a good side and good players should know their roles and not need them to be re-inforced.

Having a leader on the ptich that is tactically aware often get the job done better than a manager shouting from the touchline.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 17:49

But my point is that it's hardly a significant role compared with other captancies such as cricket.

The main focus of it is to speak to the media.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 17:51

Finch Royal But my point is that it's hardly a significant role compared with other captancies such as cricket.

Agreed, but having a player tactically aware to put things right quickly is sure to be a benefit to any team.

When it comes o the media, if David Beckham can get Media trained to a competant level then I think a monkey could as well.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 17:53

Big Ern
Finch Royal But my point is that it's hardly a significant role compared with other captancies such as cricket.

Agreed, but having a player tactically aware to put things right quickly is sure to be a benefit to any team.

When it comes o the media, if David Beckham can get Media trained to a competant level then I think a monkey could as well.

i wonder who wrote his speech out his speech yesterday ? :lol: Although i would say that he is NOT media trained, he can't put a sentence together for shit.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 03 Jul 2006 17:58

Finch Royal
Big Ern

i wonder who wrote his speech out his speech yesterday ? :lol: Although i would say that he is NOT media trained, he can't put a sentence together for shit.

NOT media trained, are you having a laugh :shock: With the amount of promotional work he does for his various spensors, it would be essential. He might still talk like a gimp, but imagine what he would be like if he never had the training in the first place.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 03 Jul 2006 19:54

Well, i honestly can't see what training he's been given, he is thick as shit and comes across thicker.

Potter

by Potter » 03 Jul 2006 20:21

Has to be Terry, lead from the back

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 03 Jul 2006 20:32

Captain should be a midfielder.

Steven Gerrard will thrive on it.

T.O.G.

by T.O.G. » 03 Jul 2006 20:41

Has to be Terry, wears the No. 6 shirt

Hail the next England captain legend.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 03 Jul 2006 20:48

Hail our worst defender of the WC you mean :lol: