European Leagues Thread 2012/2013

5287 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: European Leagues Thread 2012/2013

by Sanguine » 26 Aug 2020 10:01

Perhaps as expected, Messi apparently wants to link up with Guardiola again, at City. Which is what it is, but as above, a bit unimaginative.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Aug 2020 10:05

Sanguine Perhaps as expected, Messi apparently wants to link up with Guardiola again, at City. Which is what it is, but as above, a bit unimaginative.

It is the logical move to make, just hope he comes here.

I have always had this romantic image in my head of a great player like him going to a side who really need him and taking a huge paycut to do so. Imagine him going somewhere like Everton or Southampton and turning around the fortunes of an entire club in terms of sponsor revenue, attracting players etc.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Aug 2020 10:08

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Perhaps as expected, Messi apparently wants to link up with Guardiola again, at City. Which is what it is, but as above, a bit unimaginative.

It is the logical move to make, just hope he comes here.

I have always had this romantic image in my head of a great player like him going to a side who really need him and taking a huge paycut to do so. Imagine him going somewhere like Everton or Southampton and turning around the fortunes of an entire club in terms of sponsor revenue, attracting players etc.

Indeed - that's the kind of thing I had in my head when I mentioned Milan. The team of Gullit and Van Basten and Maldini returned to greatness by the greatest of them all, etc.

Doesn't appear a pay cut is on the table though, which rules out Milan, but not Inter...

Noted from the BBC story on this that there are some parallels in this story to Tom Brady leaving the Patriots and being surprisingly snapped up by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who happened to be owned by the Glazers. Not averse to 'going big' (albeit not for Sancho it seems).

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 26 Aug 2020 10:16

A little logic tree on another forum...

What does Messi want?
1 - a league challenge at least equal to that he has at Barca; if he wants an easy ride he'd just go back to Newell's Old Boys.
2 - a club that can compete for the CL
3 - not to get kicked any more than he currently does
4 - lots of money

1 rules out Ligue 1 (PSG), 3 takes out the PL (City, United), 4 removes the Bundesliga from the equation (Bayern, unlikely anyway). Which leaves rich Serie A teams who can compete for the CL. That's not Juve, as CR7 is there. Which leaves Inter as his next destination....

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Aug 2020 10:21

Sanguine A little logic tree on another forum...

What does Messi want?
1 - a league challenge at least equal to that he has at Barca; if he wants an easy ride he'd just go back to Newell's Old Boys.
2 - a club that can compete for the CL
3 - not to get kicked any more than he currently does
4 - lots of money

1 rules out Ligue 1 (PSG), 3 takes out the PL (City, United), 4 removes the Bundesliga from the equation (Bayern, unlikely anyway). Which leaves rich Serie A teams who can compete for the CL. That's not Juve, as CR7 is there. Which leaves Inter as his next destination....

I think the kicking thing would have been correct before the dawn of VAR. I think it helps with player protection to a degree, players know there will be reprisals for off the ball incidents and bad tackles. I also think the Messi mistique will offer him more protection from officials over here.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 26 Aug 2020 10:48

There would be no finer sight then Tarkowski booting messi

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Sep 2020 17:31

Much of the Spanish press apparently suggesting Messi held positive talks with Barca and (surprise surprise) he looks willing to stay now

Failed power play?

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 03 Sep 2020 17:50

Winston Biscuit Much of the Spanish press apparently suggesting Messi held positive talks with Barca and (surprise surprise) he looks willing to stay now

Failed power play?

No ambition. Best in the world tearing it up against Tenerife week in, week out. Nice one Messi, my son :roll:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 03 Sep 2020 20:02

Zammo
Winston Biscuit Much of the Spanish press apparently suggesting Messi held positive talks with Barca and (surprise surprise) he looks willing to stay now

Failed power play?

No ambition. Best in the world tearing it up against Tenerife week in, week out. Nice one Messi, my son :roll:

Well he would not be, because Tenerife play in the second division :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your lack of football knowledge is embarrassing

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 04 Sep 2020 09:25

Simmops
Zammo

Failed power play?

Well he would not be, because Tenerife play in the second division :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your lack of football knowledge is embarrassing

Hi Kes.

Yeah, I said Tenerife just for the lols.

A 5-0 drubbing of Tenerife, including a hat-trick by golden boy, Lionel Messi, keeps Barcelona firmly at the top of the table

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 04 Sep 2020 13:54

Simmops There would be no finer sight then Tarkowski booting messi

If you have played many times against Sergio Ramos, Godin etc. I doubt facing Tarkowski would fill you with fear.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 04 Sep 2020 14:49

Suarez to Juve on a free according to my sources

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Sep 2020 17:44

South Coast Royal

If you have played many times against Sergio Ramos, Godin etc. I doubt facing Tarkowski would fill you with fear.

Yep. Idiotic opinion and post.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 04 Sep 2020 17:46

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal

Good whiteknighting of Vic there :roll:

It is a great post, one of the best ever.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 05 Sep 2020 10:58

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal

:?: :?: :?:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 05 Sep 2020 13:15

South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal

Not your one.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 06 Sep 2020 11:19

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews Yep. Idiotic opinion and post.

Not your one.

Silly boy-one day even you might grow up.
All is not lost, or, seeing your thousands and thousands of postings , maybe it is.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Sep 2020 13:12

South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal

Not your one.

All is not lost, or, seeing your thousands and thousands of postings , maybe it is.

You are so, so thick. You clearly have some form of dementia.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 07 Sep 2020 10:32

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews Not your one.

You really do consider yourself too good for this board.
Why would anybody with such arrogance want to post endlessly on a message board when ( in his head) he could be solving the covid crisis and create world peace?.

Does anybody ever agree with you about anything and do you ever agree with anybody else?.

There were places for people like you but sadly ( unless you post from within) you are nowadays let out into society.
Sad, sad person-you need help m8.

One bit of advice-look up the word "pragmatic"; it might just help, although probably you are a lost cause.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Sep 2020 10:34

South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal

You really do consider yourself too good for this board.
Why would anybody with such arrogance want to post endlessly on a message board when ( in his head) he could be solving the covid crisis and create world peace?.

Does anybody ever agree with you about anything and do you ever agree with anybody else?.

There were places for people like you but sadly ( unless you post from within) you are nowadays let out into society.
Sad, sad person-you need help m8.

Bear in mind you were too thick to see that I was agreeing with your point about playing against Sergio Ramos etc and took it as me saying your post was idiotic.

You are thick and slow and probably should be in a home.

5287 posts