CeLOLtic

792 posts
Emeraldroyal

Re: CeLOLtic

by Emeraldroyal » 04 Jan 2017 15:47

Victor Meldrew
Emeraldroyal
Victor Meldrew
More a case of proof that Celtic has massively higher spending power than any other club in Scotland ( not their fault and Rangers shouldn't have cocked things up so badly in the past).
I thought Rangers did quite well and might have drawn the game if Kenny Miller's shot had not hit the post.
Welcome back Rangers, Scottish football badly needs you at the top level there.
At least Dembele won't be in opposition next season as he is destined for a much higher level of football-how English clubs didn't pick him up last season is a mystery and we had already seen his great potential at Fulham where, for their sake, I hope there is a sell-on clause in his contract.

Sorry Victor. No idea what game you were watching !
Huff and puff and endeavour from New Rangers in the first 20 mins beyond that there was only one side in it.
The old Rangers cocked it up but what happened was criminal and they deserve what comes their way and continues to.
The fans don't, but there are people involved in that club that should be behind bars IMO.
You're probably right about Dembele but Rangers are not 'back' they're a completely different entity and club and I think they did well to cope with the first game against their bigger neighbours in the first Glasgow Derby at their crumbling stadium.

You know where my affiliations lie 8)

Oh dear "bigger club" and "crumbling stadium"-nothing bitter there then Emerald. :wink:
I have to say that I did enjoy the thrashing that Celtic got in Barcelona as one of the better results to savour this season.
In all honesty I don't care that much about the Rangers v Celtic rivalry-I have too much to think about in terms of Reading and Liverpool-but with Liverpool being originally the Protestant side in the city and Man City being the same down the road I prefer those clubs when it comes to city rivalries and the same goes with Rangers.
It is a shame that deep-rooted family prejudices stick with you in adult life but that is how it is and fortunately in England for most fans there is no issue ,or at least much, much less of an issue that in Scotland or the Republic.

One glimmer of hope was seeing on the news yesterday that some senior schools of the two faiths in Ulster are going to be co-existing but only in terms of being next to each other with a common access.
A long, long way off what it should be like in a civilised (?) society in the 21st century but it is a small step forward.

Ah but you see you have no idea what religion I am / wether I give a damn (I don't)
I also fail to see the connection between 'Ulster' and Celtic and Rangers at the risk of sounding facetious. I know there are deep rooted fan bases.

No matter you're a man of knowledge I grant you :lol:

The Barcelona result was poor from a Celtic perspective but to be fair at least Celtic have a requirement for a passport. Won't happen anytime soon on the blue side is Glasgow :wink:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Feb 2017 09:50

Did anyone see the build up for Dembeles third goal against St Johnstone?
25 passes (everyone on the team touched the ball) and a ludicrous rabona pass into the box from Mikael Lustig. It was beautiful.
Bodgers has found a league to thrive in!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh8jeunVPqg - Not the full length video.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Feb 2017 09:55

NewCorkSeth Did anyone see the build up for Dembeles third goal against St Johnstone?
25 passes (everyone on the team touched the ball) and a ludicrous rabona pass into the box from Mikael Lustig. It was beautiful.

Yeah, it was a cracking goal tbf, even for the Scottish league. I thought the rabona was mis-hit though, generally you get a bit of loft on a perfect rabona.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Feb 2017 09:56

No Fixed Abode
NewCorkSeth Did anyone see the build up for Dembeles third goal against St Johnstone?

Yeah, it was a cracking goal tbf, even for the Scottish league. I thought the rabona was mis-hit though, generally you get a bit of loft on a perfect rabona.

I guess but considering hes a RB (I think) he gets credit for having the balls to try pull that off! Dembele wont be there long.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 08 Feb 2017 10:55

27 points clear, 2 points dropped all season.

Not sure I would be all that happy at how the season was going if I was a Celtic fan. Obviously great stuff for them to be winning and all, but it must really reinforce how pointless it is. would you even be excited about the following season come the end of this?

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 08 Feb 2017 11:06

Winston Smith 27 points clear, 2 points dropped all season.

Not sure I would be all that happy at how the season was going if I was a Celtic fan. Obviously great stuff for them to be winning and all, but it must really reinforce how pointless it is. would you even be excited about the following season come the end of this?

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Got
slightly excited when they said they were being
beaten by St Johnstone the other day.

Brendan's delusionometer must be off the scale

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Feb 2017 11:15

"Hmmm, I'm going to buy myself a lovely big watch"

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 08 Feb 2017 12:12

Totally pointless league with things like that going on.

Forget being excited by next season... how can you be excited by any game? Have they officially won the title now? If not then it will be absolutely sh*t when they do officially secure it.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 08 Feb 2017 12:16

bobby1413

Forget being excited by next season... how can you be excited by any game? Have they officially won the title now? If not then it will be absolutely sh*t when they do officially secure it.

Still 42 points to play for and only 27 points clear. So a few weeks away from winning it yet. :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Feb 2017 13:05

bobby1413

Target will be to stay unbeaten first, not sure if they have done that before certainly not recently. If they manage that, then the target will be to win every game in a season but yeah, unless Rangers can catch up again or someone comes out of the pack it is a fairly futile process.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 02 Mar 2017 16:43

Won again last night. 22nd league win in a row, and now only 7 points needed for the title.

Played 27, Won 26, Drawn 1, Points 79

The problem is of course that Celtic being so far ahead of the rest has weakened them in European competition. When there were two teams going for the league they were performing better.

double d

by double d » 02 Mar 2017 21:42

Tbf if they win every game left in the season i bet they will be pretty pissed at those 2 dropped points. Surely it must be some sort of record if that happens? I highly doubt any other team has come close to winning every single game in a season.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 03 Mar 2017 01:40

double d Tbf if they win every game left in the season i bet they will be pretty pissed at those 2 dropped points. Surely it must be some sort of record if that happens? I highly doubt any other team has come close to winning every single game in a season.

Sparta Prague won their Czech regional league four seasons in a row 1920-23:. P 51 W 51 D 0 L 0 GF 237 GA 40. :shock:

double d

by double d » 03 Mar 2017 06:30

Ark Royal
double d Tbf if they win every game left in the season i bet they will be pretty pissed at those 2 dropped points. Surely it must be some sort of record if that happens? I highly doubt any other team has come close to winning every single game in a season.

Sparta Prague won their Czech regional league four seasons in a row 1920-23:. P 51 W 51 D 0 L 0 GF 237 GA 40. :shock:

:shock:

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 03 Mar 2017 13:09

Ark Royal

Their defence wasn't very good was it? :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Mar 2017 16:19

Rodgers v Murts ends up in a 1-1 draw

Well done Murts as he hands over the reins to another non-jocksman

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Apr 2017 11:24

I know the league is bobbins, but nevertheless Rodgers does deserve some credit for making the team as irresistible as they are, domestically. 35 wins and 2 draws from 37 domestic games, 105 scored, 19 conceded. That's some record. I disagree that the league makes them fundamentally less prepared for European competition - it was only ever Rangers, and from time to time Aberdeen, who pushed them anyway.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 04 Apr 2017 21:59

Ark Royal

They were lucky.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Jun 2017 19:56

CeLOLtic could play Linfield on 12th July for CL qual!!!!

#ROFLiots

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Jun 2017 19:58

home, away or both?

792 posts