Generic clubs in financial crisis Thread

5616 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Generic clubs in financial crisis Thread

by Sanguine » 01 Dec 2014 12:39

Slightly farcical - Radio Leeds reporting that Cellino's offence will be 'spent' in March 2015, so he can take charge of the club again then.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 01 Dec 2014 14:34

That doesn't make sense, and if true undermines the whole point of the FPP test

The test is to determine if he's ever been guilty of such an offense as that suggests bad things about cahracter, not if he is currently guilty and serving. Otherwise it's worthless.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2014 15:26

Whether or not it's spent should make no difference, he's failed the FPP test therefore he has to walk. Also I presume whether it's spent or not won't necessarily have a bearing on the FPP outcome as it's still happened and my guess is the FA/FL would have their own criteria to decide when/if someone can be considered a FPP once again.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 01 Dec 2014 15:30

ZacNaloen That doesn't make sense, and if true undermines the whole point of the FPP test

The test is to determine if he's ever been guilty of such an offense as that suggests bad things about cahracter, not if he is currently guilty and serving. Otherwise it's worthless.

But in law convictions get 'spent' to allow for rehabilitation. It's not legal to load the premiums of a drink driver, for instance, for the rest of his life because he a few jars too many as a teenager.

FPP would fail in the courts if you were able to go back as far as you liked to examine a person's character. "But m'lud, I'm assured that John Hurst used to cheat at conkers in the playground"

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Dec 2014 15:37

Understood but where to draw the line...

But m'lud Mr Maxwell (the name is used as an example) has been "clean" for x years now......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Dec 2014 17:44

TFF
ZacNaloen That doesn't make sense, and if true undermines the whole point of the FPP test

But in law convictions get 'spent' to allow for rehabilitation. It's not legal to load the premiums of a drink driver, for instance, for the rest of his life because he a few jars too many as a teenager.

FPP would fail in the courts if you were able to go back as far as you liked to examine a person's character. "But m'lud, I'm assured that John Hurst used to cheat at conkers in the playground"

CCJs stay on your record for six years even when they're paid.

Don't see why O&DT shouldn't have a timescale to consider past convictions. For ever is a bit unlikely.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 05 Dec 2014 08:20

Points stay on your license fr a period of time after being "spent" and still impact your insurance premiums

While I agree that you should be allowed to have a chance to say "but that was xxx years ago and I am a reformed character now, here are a dozen examples proving it" I feel that is different from saying the conviction is spent so cannot be taken into consideration

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 05 Dec 2014 10:02

It's not as if its an impingement on his human rights is it? its not as if he cant get a bank account or apply for a loan ever again, it's just the fact that you will never be allowed to buy a football club in england.... tough titty, you made your bed..... This should be the rule no ifs no buts, oxf*rd off back to italy with your corrupt ways it's mandatory over there

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 05 Dec 2014 10:15

Ian Royal CCJs stay on your record for six years even when they're paid.

and then they're 'spent'?

weybridgewanderer Points stay on your license fr a period of time after being "spent" and still impact your insurance premiums

?

After the points are 'spent' which (and I had to google cos I've never had any 8) ) is 4 or 11 years you can get them taken off and you don't have to disclose them to anybodty

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 05 Dec 2014 16:22

TFF

weybridgewanderer Points stay on your license fr a period of time after being "spent" and still impact your insurance premiums

?

After the points are 'spent' which (and I had to google cos I've never had any 8) ) is 4 or 11 years you can get them taken off and you don't have to disclose them to anybodty

I've recently got a direct line quote - I've just retrieved the questionnaire you have to fill in. One of the questions is:
Have you had any motoring offences including convictions, endorsements, fixed penalties, bans or points in the last 5 years?

They aren't the only ones that require this information.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 05 Dec 2014 16:29

Well they're very bad people

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... conviction

A criminal conviction can be anything from a prison sentence to a fine for littering or a speeding conviction – all types of offence count, however minor.

Only unspent convictions matter. Even if asked, you do not have to disclose any convictions that are spent. Convictions become ‘spent’ a certain time after the date of conviction, and after that they’re not allowed to count against you. That’s the law according to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 06 Dec 2014 10:12

TFF

speeding points are spent after 3 years, stay on your license for 4, but your insurer will ask about any for 5

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 06 Dec 2014 23:31

Did you not read the post above the one you've just made?

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 09 Dec 2014 12:35

TFF Well they're very bad people

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/e ... conviction

A criminal conviction can be anything from a prison sentence to a fine for littering or a speeding conviction – all types of offence count, however minor.

Only unspent convictions matter. Even if asked, you do not have to disclose any convictions that are spent. Convictions become ‘spent’ a certain time after the date of conviction, and after that they’re not allowed to count against you. That’s the law according to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

You may not have to but if the insurance company find out they may use it as an excuse not to provide monies arising from a claim. I have personal experience of this.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 09 Dec 2014 13:00

You have a spent conviction that you didn't disclose to your insurance company who subsequently refused to pay a claim on finding out about your criminal record?

That's some pretty shitty luck.

Who grassed you up and how much was it for?

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 11 Dec 2014 08:53

Hereford banned from all football activity by the FA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30417349

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 11 Dec 2014 19:02

And.....just as you were saying

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30438717

Christof

by Christof » 19 Dec 2014 16:54

And... Hereford wound up in court. Time for AFC Hereford...

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 19 Dec 2014 17:08

Yup

http://bullsnews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12 ... nd-up.html

Hereford United have been wound up. Registrar issued compulsory order around 4.35pm.

The 1939 Limited Company has been wound up.

It was the club's 13th appearance.

Lonsdale had promised to put £1M in.

Club's Barrister said that Lonsdale had got funds but Registrar said that as Lonsdale hadn't got to the court with evidence, Registrar wound up it.

Reportedly Lonsdale was 'stuck in traffic'.

There is an appeals process.

Reaction from Martin Watson for HUST.

"It hurts but it had to be.

"We didn't think it would come to this. We were promised so much but nothing.

"The thing we loved for generations has gone.

"We'll pick the pieces up and start again and we will have the people of Hereford at our heart."

Herefordshire Council have issued a statement:

As Hereford United Football Club (1939) Limited is in the process of being wound up and a liquidator will be appointed, this action triggers the council’s right as landlord to forfeit the leases. The council will now pursue this and seek to gain formal repossession of all three sites leased to the club.
Once the ground has been secured, the council will consider the appropriate process for procuring a new tenant to ensure the continuation of football.

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 19 Dec 2014 17:21

" As at 5pm, there are unconfirmed reports of men trying to strip out parts of Edgar Street.

Hereford United supporters able to get to the ground are asked to go and see what is happening.

Both the HT and BBC H&W are on route to the club.

Police are at the club.

Update 5.10pm: Supporters please get to ES as soon as you can, men trying to take parts of the club away"

5616 posts