The generic transfer thread

10377 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jun 2017 12:49

No Fixed Abode
John Smith
No Fixed Abode How much has Pep spent at City since he started? Astronomical amounts....

And look how their season went. The man should have been given his P45 months ago. Absolute fraud

This is interesting.......

Its not really.. Chelsea should have made a profit and not bought the Belgian kid.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Jun 2017 12:53

The one who scored the goal that won us the title at West Brom? That one? 8)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jun 2017 13:10

No Fixed Abode The one who scored the goal that won us the title at West Brom? That one? 8)

I think your fantastic performance over the course of the season won you the title. If he wasn't there someone else would have scored it.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 01 Jun 2017 13:53

No Fixed Abode
John Smith
No Fixed Abode How much has Pep spent at City since he started? Astronomical amounts....

And look how their season went. The man should have been given his P45 months ago. Absolute fraud

Did an Arsenal fan do the graphic?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Jun 2017 14:32

NewCorkSeth
No Fixed Abode The one who scored the goal that won us the title at West Brom? That one? 8)

I think your fantastic performance over the course of the season won you the title. If he wasn't there someone else would have scored it.

"IF"

I think we've unearthed yet another Liverpool fan.

double d

by double d » 01 Jun 2017 14:39

No Fixed Abode
John Smith

But Chelsea have spent more?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jun 2017 14:45

No Fixed Abode
NewCorkSeth

"IF"

I detest Liverpool. Hate the fans. Bunch of self indulgent, self congratulatory, self entitled glory seekers who I wish nothing but relegation for. I liked Torres when he was there and as a kid I liked Owen. That's about it.

Also what does the if matter?? He was a waste of money who did nothing but set back your bountiful youth talent in that position and score a goal that many consider note worthy.
Last edited by NewCorkSeth on 01 Jun 2017 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 01 Jun 2017 14:46

NewCorkSeth
No Fixed Abode
NewCorkSeth I think your fantastic performance over the course of the season won you the title. If he wasn't there someone else would have scored it.

"IF"

I detest Liverpool. Hate the fans. Bunch of self indulgent, self congratulatory, self entitled glory seekers who I wish nothing but relegation for. I liked Torres when he was there and as a kid I liked Owen. That's about it.

Oh - I like you then m8.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Jun 2017 14:47

No Fixed Abode
NewCorkSeth
No Fixed Abode
"IF"

Oh - I like you then m8.

I edited my response above after you quoted. Sorry..

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jun 2017 08:55

Former Reading player Craig Tanner has joined Motherwell for the next 2 years.

Rumour circulating that Aberdeen's former Reading winger, Jonny Hayes, could be on his way to Cardiff City.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jun 2017 09:21

Sutekh Former Reading player Craig Tanner has joined Motherwell for the next 2 years.

Rumour circulating that Aberdeen's former Reading winger, Jonny Hayes, could be on his way to Cardiff City.

It'll be interesting to see how Tanner progresses from here. He was one that looked comfortable alongside the first team players when he got a chance and I quite liked the little glimpses we saw of him.

Elsewhere it sounds like Liverpool might be leading the race to sign Virgil van Dijk. That surprises me a bit as I thought he'd end up at City or Chelsea so I think that'll be quite a coup if Klopp can pull that off.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Jun 2017 09:27

Spanish media say Fernando Torres is joining Queretaro in Mexico

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2017 10:33

Van Dijk to Liverpool for a billion pounds

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Jun 2017 10:45

I do think Van Dijk looks very good but that much on one player when you need a number of players?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jun 2017 11:28

Winston Biscuit I do think Van Dijk looks very good but that much on one player when you need a number of players?

It's a certainly a lot, but it seems they're lining up others too. They'll also presumably have Henderson and Ings back which will be like two new additions after missing pretty much all of last season.

There's going to be a ridiculous amount of money spent by the Premier League clubs this summer.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jun 2017 11:39

Hoop Blah
Winston Biscuit I do think Van Dijk looks very good but that much on one player when you need a number of players?

It's a certainly a lot, but it seems they're lining up others too. They'll also presumably have Henderson and Ings back which will be like two new additions after missing pretty much all of last season.

There's going to be a ridiculous amount of money spent by the Premier League clubs this summer.

If Klopp fails to win a trophy this season do you think he'll have been a failure?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Jun 2017 11:58

No Fixed Abode If Klopp fails to win a trophy this season do you think he'll have been a failure?

life is far more complex, detailed and nuanced that your black & white questions suggest, Kesmondo

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jun 2017 13:04

No Fixed Abode
Hoop Blah

If Klopp fails to win a trophy this season do you think he'll have been a failure?

Well that depends on who they actually get and who everyone else gets too, amongst other things of course.

Ultimately yes, I think Klopp probably needs to win a trophy to be seen as a success, but I'm not sure missing out on one would be a failure as such.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jun 2017 13:07

Hoop Blah
No Fixed Abode
Hoop Blah

Well that depends on who they actually get and who everyone else gets too, amongst other things of course.

Ultimately yes, I think Klopp probably needs to win a trophy to be seen as a success, but I'm not sure missing out on one would be a failure as such.

However, lets not also forget he's had a head start on Conte, Guardiola and Mourinho. Conte and Mourinho already have trophies in the bag in their 1st season.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 06 Jun 2017 13:21

FA/League Cup not enough

Think he needs to win the league or CL, maybe
settle for second but competing on the last day
or making CL final

10377 posts