The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jun 2017 13:37

No Fixed Abode However, lets not also forget he's had a head start on Conte, Guardiola and Mourinho. Conte and Mourinho already have trophies in the bag in their 1st season.

It's certainly a fair point but lets also not forget that both took over better squads who'd won the league with much the same group of players within the last 2 or 3 seasons.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 06 Jun 2017 13:39

Arsenal sign Schalke Left back Kolasinac on a free transfer pending medical.

Must mean Gibbs is on his way out as he only has a year left on his deal

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Jun 2017 13:56

Winston Biscuit I do think Van Dijk looks very good but that much on one player when you need a number of players?

Why don't Liverpool just find out who Southampton are scouting, nip in before they buy them and save themselves a ton of money?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jun 2017 13:58

Hoop Blah
No Fixed Abode However, lets not also forget he's had a head start on Conte, Guardiola and Mourinho. Conte and Mourinho already have trophies in the bag in their 1st season.

It's certainly a fair point but lets also not forget that both took over better squads who'd won the league with much the same group of players within the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Or you could look at this way. Chelsea jumped from 10th to 1st. Leicester jumped from 12th to 1st. Liverpool went from 8th to 4th. Certainly improvement this season but still no trophies.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 06 Jun 2017 14:38

No Fixed Abode Or you could look at this way. Chelsea jumped from 10th to 1st. Leicester jumped from 12th to 1st. Liverpool went from 8th to 4th. Certainly improvement this season but still no trophies.

You could, but the fact the Chelsea players down tooled for 6 months when they fell out with Jose shouldn't be a stick to beat Klopp with. The fact is that largely the same squad went from 1st to 10th and then back to 1st again.

No doubt Klopp needs to deliver continued improvement and a serious challenge on multiple fronts though.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 06 Jun 2017 15:59

Southampton will report Liverpool to the Premier League over an alleged illegal approach for centre-back Virgil van Dijk, reports BBC Radio Solent.
:lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2017 16:16

Winston Biscuit I do think Van Dijk looks very good but that much on one player when you need a number of players?

Crazy amount of money for someone who hasn't even played since January

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Jun 2017 17:38

Sounds like Balotelli may be on his way to Dortmund

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 09:54

Gibbs to Southampton if Bertrand leaves? He's not an awful player by any means but it's hard to pick a team that needs him.
West ham have Cresswell, he's too short for West Brom, Stoke have Pieters, Leicester have Chilwell.
Maybe Bournemouth or Palace?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 09:57

CB is their glaring hole tbf. All they really need to buy is a CB and LB.
Robertson would be a good fit and not too expensive so yeah they should blow their load on a proven CB.
The links with Salah make a degree of sense too as the way Klopp plays requires multiple attacking threats and injury proved an issue for him last season.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 10:00

No Fixed Abode
If Klopp fails to win a trophy this season do you think he'll have been a failure?

Yes and no.
Yes as with the money he's spent, the squad he's built and the level of manager he is Liverpool should be more than also rans.
No because Chelsea, City, United, Tottenham and Arsenal have much better squad depths.
Star for star most of those teams starting players easily walk into the Liverpool team.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Jun 2017 10:47

NewCorkSeth Gibbs to Southampton if Bertrand leaves? He's not an awful player by any means but it's hard to pick a team that needs him.
West ham have Cresswell, he's too short for West Brom, Stoke have Pieters, Leicester have Chilwell.

If he wasn't so fragile Gibbs would be a decent player and I'd have said one that Klopp might look to bring in as they're supposedly after two left backs from what I've read. Robertson was said to be one of them but they've also been linked with Bertrand and Clichy to. I don't see why Gibbs wouldn't be a pretty good fit for Liverpool, apart from that injury record that is.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Jun 2017 10:56

Lots of transfer talk about LFC - I think we've unearthed some more reds fans.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 10:58

No Fixed Abode Lots of transfer talk about LFC - I think we've unearthed some more reds fans.

Likely as they're the only team being linked with more than 1 realistic signing in different positions.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 11:00

Hoop Blah
NewCorkSeth Gibbs to Southampton if Bertrand leaves? He's not an awful player by any means but it's hard to pick a team that needs him.

If he wasn't so fragile Gibbs would be a decent player and I'd have said one that Klopp might look to bring in as they're supposedly after two left backs from what I've read. Robertson was said to be one of them but they've also been linked with Bertrand and Clichy to. I don't see why Gibbs wouldn't be a pretty good fit for Liverpool, apart from that injury record that is.

He would probably be cheaper than Bertrand or Robertson too. Counts as HG so one would think he should have plenty of options.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Jun 2017 11:59

NewCorkSeth
No Fixed Abode Lots of transfer talk about LFC - I think we've unearthed some more reds fans.

Likely as they're the only team being linked with more than 1 realistic signing in different positions.

Really. :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 12:04

No Fixed Abode
NewCorkSeth

Who are Chelsea linked with? Who are Arsenal linked with? Who are Tottenham linked with? Who are Man Utd linked with?
If they had more than 1 interesting and realistic transfer rumour I'd happily talk about them.
Nobody cares about City so of course nobody is talking about them.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 07 Jun 2017 12:10

NewCorkSeth
No Fixed Abode
NewCorkSeth Likely as they're the only team being linked with more than 1 realistic signing in different positions.

Who are Chelsea linked with? Who are Arsenal linked with? Who are Tottenham linked with? Who are Man Utd linked with?
If they had more than 1 interesting and realistic transfer rumour I'd happily talk about them.

Chelsea are linked with Lukaku and Tiemoué Bakayoko
Arsenal have agreed to sign Sead Kolasinac
Spurs have been linked with Gylfi,

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Jun 2017 12:15

So where is Lukaku off to do we think?

The talk has been Chelsea, Utd & Bayern who want him and this morning that seems to be heavily on Chelsea now. Very decent player if they can get the best out of him.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Jun 2017 12:47

No Fixed Abode
NewCorkSeth
No Fixed Abode

Chelsea are linked with Lukaku and Tiemoué Bakayoko
Arsenal have agreed to sign Sead Kolasinac
Spurs have been linked with Gylfi,

How will you fit Bakayoko, Matic and Kante in the same team?

10373 posts