Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The generic transfer thread

by BR0B0T » 12 Jun 2019 20:35

Daniel James announced by Man Utd £15m from Swansea

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Jun 2019 10:08

Atletico Madrid CEO kills of Griezman's pantomime act of publicly pondering where he may go and whether he may actually stay after all etc

'This needs to end, we have known since March that Antoine is going to Barcelona this summer'

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Jun 2019 10:38

Winston Biscuit Atletico Madrid CEO kills of Griezman's pantomime act of publicly pondering where he may go and whether he may actually stay after all etc

'This needs to end, we have known since March that Antoine is going to Barcelona this summer'

Griezman is such a fcuking tw@t!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 13 Jun 2019 10:51

BR0B0T
Winston Biscuit Atletico Madrid CEO kills of Griezman's pantomime act of publicly pondering where he may go and whether he may actually stay after all etc

Griezman is such a fcuking tw@t!

Griezman is a very good player and out of reach for clubs not in the Champions League.
Swansea players however might think it marginally better to go to Man Utd rather than Leeds and Swansea must be delighted to get £5,000,000 more than they were due to get in January.

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 13 Jun 2019 16:43

Ribery linked with sheff u :shock:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 13 Jun 2019 19:31

De Ligt's family in Paris house hunting according to French press.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Jun 2019 22:08

Winston Biscuit De Ligt's family in Paris house hunting according to French press.

calling BS...I saw them buying a new hoover from the Curry's on Basingstoke road

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jun 2019 07:37

Real Madrid set to sign 18 year old former Barcelona youth player Takefusa Kubo from Tokyo FC for €2m.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jun 2019 07:41

Winston Biscuit De Ligt's family in Paris house hunting according to French press.

Apparently he doesn't feel he'd be a starter at Barcelona and therefore wouldn't be able to develop so has chosen PSG instead.

Translation: PSG offered more money.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jun 2019 08:13

sandman

Apparently he doesn't feel he'd be a starter at Barcelona and therefore wouldn't be able to develop so has chosen PSG instead.

Translation: PSG offered more money.

French papers saying €350k a week offered, but how would they even know that?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Jun 2019 10:03

For the life of me I don't understand, from a footballing perspective, why a player would choose to join PSG. The club could hardly be a bigger contrast to Ajax.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Jun 2019 11:31

Agree. Surely the Neymar situation is such a startling example of what can happen to you that it would frighten people off. Seemingly not though.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Jun 2019 13:33

Sanguine For the life of me I don't understand, from a footballing perspective, why a player would choose to join PSG. The club could hardly be a bigger contrast to Ajax.

Would you have said the same if it had been Man Utd or Arsenal?
PSG will be in the Champs League every season and one day might get their transfer dealings right and actually win it.
Money is obviously a further significant consideration as well as living in a beautiful country like France..

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Jun 2019 13:35

Victor Meldrew
Sanguine For the life of me I don't understand, from a footballing perspective, why a player would choose to join PSG. The club could hardly be a bigger contrast to Ajax.

PSG will be in the Champs League every season and one day might get their transfer dealings right and actually win it.
Money is obviously a further significant consideration as well as living in a beautiful country like France..

No, because I was talking about football, rather than money. The guy is 19 and has huge potential. If he's already picking clubs based on wine and cheese then he's being horribly advised.

one day might get their transfer dealings right

God. Sold!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Jun 2019 13:37

Sanguine
Victor Meldrew

No, because I was talking about football, rather than money. The guy is 19 and has huge potential. If he's already picking clubs based on wine and cheese then he's being horribly advised.

God. Sold!

So where do you suggest "for footballing reasons"?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Jun 2019 13:38

Victor Meldrew
Sanguine
Victor Meldrew

God. Sold!

Where I said 'from a footballing perspective', and referenced Ajax's style of play and club culture by reference to the polar opposite at PSG. Obviously.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Jun 2019 13:44

Sanguine
Victor Meldrew
Sanguine

God. Sold!

Where I said 'from a footballing perspective', and referenced Ajax's style of play and club culture by reference to the polar opposite at PSG. Obviously.

Is Ajax's style of play much different from PSG's?
PSG play an attractive passing game -IMHO the culture of a club is irrelevant to young footballers.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Jun 2019 13:45

Victor Meldrew
Sanguine
Victor Meldrew

PSG play an attractive passing game -IMHO the culture of a club is irrelevant to young footballers.

I think they play a very different style - PSG a lot more wing-play, or at least using the channels, a bit like our 106 team did. Ajax just play damn pretty.

And you might be right about the culture - I wasn't expressing a view that it was important, but a view that it should be.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 14 Jun 2019 13:57

Sanguine
Victor Meldrew
Sanguine

I think they play a very different style - PSG a lot more wing-play, or at least using the channels, a bit like our 106 team did. Ajax just play damn pretty.

And you might be right about the culture - I wasn't expressing a view that it was important, but a view that it should be.

But he is a centre-back, so as far as "style" is concerned it is immaterial as his main job is to defend.
His secondary role is to give the ball to his midfielders who then dictate forward play.
It's not as if PSG play hoofball to a big centre forward.

Anyway, it looks as though he is on the move and appears to have fantastic potential

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Jun 2019 14:11

Spurs, West Ham and Arsenal all interested in signing Suso from Milan. Atletico Madrid also in the running.

10373 posts