The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Sanguine » 31 Jan 2020 13:30

A few younger players getting big moves - Rochdale's Luke Matheson (just turned 17) on his way to Wolves for £1m, which might prove a steal, and Wigan defender Antonee Robinson (22) is on his way to AC Milan :shock: for £6m plus add ons.

Also talk of Jude Bellingham (16 and established in the Birmingham first-team) going to United for £25m, but staying at Birmingham on loan until the end of the 2020-21 season.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jan 2020 13:48

United troll their supporters by signing a League 1 goalkeeper.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2020 13:59

Sanguine A few younger players getting big moves - Rochdale's Luke Matheson (just turned 17) on his way to Wolves for £1m, which might prove a steal, and Wigan defender Antonee Robinson (22) is on his way to AC Milan :shock: for £6m plus add ons.

Also talk of Jude Bellingham (16 and established in the Birmingham first-team) going to United for £25m, but staying at Birmingham on loan until the end of the 2020-21 season.

If I was Birmingham, I'd try and hold on for more than that. He looks a real talent at the moment

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 31 Jan 2020 17:33

Sanguine A few younger players getting big moves - Rochdale's Luke Matheson (just turned 17) on his way to Wolves for £1m, which might prove a steal, and Wigan defender Antonee Robinson (22) is on his way to AC Milan :shock: for £6m plus add ons.

passed his driving test today as well

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 31 Jan 2020 19:49

Barca sign Francisco 'the new Ronaldo' Trincao for €31M from Braga

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Feb 2020 11:30

Ex Hull City marksman Jarrod Bowen to Wet Sham £20m

£20m :shock:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Feb 2020 12:08

stealthpapes

passed his driving test today as well

What I want to know is whether he'll stay on at school and finish his A Levels

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 01 Feb 2020 12:44

Old Man Andrews Transfer Talk on SSN is horrific, it's on now if anyone has access to a TV.

See how long you can watch it for before you are annoyed by the panel of utter shit horns they have in the studio.

Couldn't do it
30 seconds

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Feb 2020 19:13

Some talk amongst leading clubs to put the end of the summer transfer window back where it was at the end of August so it’s in line with everyone else in the region.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 05 Feb 2020 19:14

Sutekh Some talk amongst leading clubs to put the end of the summer transfer window back where it was at the end of August so it’s in line with everyone else in the region.

I thought we’d left Europe

Ian Holloway thought Brexit would solve this type of issue

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Feb 2020 01:16

Sutekh Some talk amongst leading clubs to put the end of the summer transfer window back where it was at the end of August so it’s in line with everyone else in the region.

I preferred it this way to be honest. Gives you longer to integrate new players into the squad and stops the kids complaining on Twitter with each passing game you don’t win

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 06 Feb 2020 21:58

All clubs voted in favour of the window closing when Europe does. Sensible.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 14 Feb 2020 08:57

Adebayor joins Olimpia Asuncion in Paraguay

Listened to a podcast this morning with the agent who did this deal and he explained how Paraguayan football clubs are getting more investment and getting richer (also have the lowest income tax in South America and have no political instability when compared to neighbouring countries) but also the emergence of wealthier clubs in South America outside of the more obvious ones. He reckons you will see more and more European based players going down there in the coming years (first of all it will just be in their latter years but they plan to build on that)

Says Yaya Toure is talking to clubs in Brazil and Paraguay and Lucas Podolski was due to join a Paraguayan club a couple of weeks ago but it fell through at the last moment

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 14 Feb 2020 09:45

I listened to two Rastas on the bus yesterday discussing how Uruguay's president or prime minister (they have a unitary government) lives in a shack (he doesn't) and how he legalised cannabis (it was never made illegal in the first place) and its smoked freely (uruguay has some of the most stringent anti-public smoking laws in the world).

So what Paraguay is like, I don't know.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 14 Feb 2020 17:54

stealthpapes I listened to two Rastas on the bus yesterday discussing how Uruguay's president or prime minister (they have a unitary government) lives in a shack (he doesn't) and how he legalised cannabis (it was never made illegal in the first place) and its smoked freely (uruguay has some of the most stringent anti-public smoking laws in the world).

So what Paraguay is like, I don't know.

Should have asked the Rastas

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Feb 2020 16:40

La Liga rules says if you have a player ruled out through injury for the season and it will adversely affect your campaign then you get to sign a replacement.

Doeant get approved too often I think but Barcelona just had it approved for Dembele's injury

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 17 Feb 2020 16:44

Winston Biscuit La Liga rules says if you have a player ruled out through injury for the season and it will adversely affect your campaign then you get to sign a replacement.

Doeant get approved too often I think but Barcelona just had it approved for Dembele's injury

Makes a complete mockery of the transfer window.

Take Laporte's injury for example. Would've been OK for City to sign a centre back (for 50p, obviously) to cover.

See my similar comments on FFP, as this'll be the next 'rule' to get the civil court restraint of trade treatment and get overturned

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 17 Feb 2020 21:44

Sounds like former Middlesbrough man Martin Braithwaite may be the player Barcelona go for

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Feb 2020 09:38

Winston Biscuit La Liga rules says if you have a player ruled out through injury for the season and it will adversely affect your campaign then you get to sign a replacement.

As you say looks like they will pay €20m for Braithwaite from Leganes. Of course, whilst Barca get an extra body - Leganes will not be allowed to sign a replacement as it is outside of the transfer window.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 18 Feb 2020 09:39

Stranded

As you say looks like they will pay €20m for Braithwaite from Leganes. Of course, whilst Barca get an extra body - Leganes will not be allowed to sign a replacement as it is outside of the transfer window.

Yeah, that doesn't seem right to me. €20m is obviously a lot of comp but it doesn't really do them a lot of good right now, as it would've done a couple of weeks ago. Especially seeing as they are second bottom in a relegation fight.

10373 posts