The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by genome » 18 Jul 2019 22:09

Rumour that Real are going to buy Giovani Lo Celso from Betis for Mariano Diaz + cash, and then immediately sell Lo Celso (+ cash) to Spurs in exchange for Christian Eriksen.

Yeah...

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 18 Jul 2019 22:12

genome Rumour that Real are going to buy Lo Celso from Betis in order to then sell him and Mariano Diaz to Spurs in exchange for Christian Eriksen.

Yeah...

That would be so stupid if Spurs do that.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Jul 2019 15:56

French striker Lys Mousset joined Bournemouth 3 years ago for £5M, he has played 55 league games for them and scored just 3 goals.

Sheffield Utd just signed Lys Mousset from Bournemouth for £10M!

football :lol:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 19 Jul 2019 17:09

It prooves how insane football is that Harry Maguire is being rated more expensively then De Ligt....

I always said that the 1 transfer that started all this and ruined all transfer fees forever was when DARREN PFUCKING BENT went 30 million.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 19 Jul 2019 19:59

The Enfield Royal71 It prooves how insane football is that Harry Maguire is being rated more expensively then De Ligt....

I always said that the 1 transfer that started all this and ruined all transfer fees forever was when DARREN PFUCKING BENT went 30 million.

That is a misunderstanding of a transfer fee. Maguire isn't worth more but Leicester don't want or need to sell, so asking silly money. If Utd or anyone want to pay it, that is up to them

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 19 Jul 2019 20:10

Stranded
The Enfield Royal71 It prooves how insane football is that Harry Maguire is being rated more expensively then De Ligt....

That is a misunderstanding of a transfer fee. Maguire isn't worth more but Leicester don't want or need to sell, so asking silly money. If Utd or anyone want to pay it, that is up to them

this

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 21 Jul 2019 13:31

OT but I've heard some stories about what Bent got up to at Villa. To say he got around understates it.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 21 Jul 2019 19:14

Looks like Bale is going to have to stick the golf cart in the garage and is finally on his way. Spurs' swap deal with Eriksen?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 22 Jul 2019 00:21

Ark Royal Looks like Bale is going to have to stick the golf cart in the garage and is finally on his way. Spurs' swap deal with Eriksen?

China allegedly.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 22 Jul 2019 08:43

yeah there does seem to be a lot of rumours of him possibly going to China simply because he is flat out refusing to allow his wages to drop when he leaves RM

I am surprised people who have earned so much take that stance and don't see their wealth as putting them in a strong position to move to any club they choose.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Jul 2019 09:22

Winston Biscuit yeah there does seem to be a lot of rumours of him possibly going to China simply because he is flat out refusing to allow his wages to drop when he leaves RM

I am surprised people who have earned so much take that stance and don't see their wealth as putting them in a strong position to move to any club they choose.

Indeed - albeit perhaps that's tacit acceptance that his best days are behind him.
I've not watched any of the Chinese Super League - do the European players who move there not stand out like a sore thumb? They must be leagues better than their teammates.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jul 2019 12:45

If you're looking for a benchmark, Sone Aluko's doing OK out there, apparently.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 Jul 2019 12:50

From Despair To Where? If you're looking for a benchmark, Sone Aluko's doing OK out there, apparently.

Financially maybe

On the pitch...
https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... -fc-royals

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Jul 2019 12:55

I wasn't being entirely serious. The foreogn players in that league seem to be had beens and never weres.

Whilst Bale is past his peak, standard wise he could still do a fcuk it's lot better than China.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 22 Jul 2019 13:26

Rumours are the Chinese club interested in him (Guoan - spelling?) are offering £1m a week.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Jul 2019 10:42

From Despair To Where? I wasn't being entirely serious. The foreogn players in that league seem to be had beens and never weres.

Whilst Bale is past his peak, standard wise he could still do a fcuk it's lot better than China.

Probably doing Chinese football a disservice, but I'm just imagining Bale playing there as being like at school when the sixth formers join in the playground football game and win 54-3.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Jul 2019 10:44

Surprise from France - Nabil Fekir was a £50m target for Liverpool last summer and even pictured by the club in their kit before the deal fell apart. Arsenal wanted him too but all that must have cooled, as he's gone to Real Betis for £19.7m. Which looks an absolute steal.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jul 2019 10:45

Sanguine Surprise from France - Nabil Fekir was a £50m target for Liverpool last summer and even pictured by the club in their kit before the deal fell apart. Arsenal wanted him too but all that must have cooled, as he's gone to Real Betis for £19.7m. Which looks an absolute steal.

He has no knees though which is an issue. Think thats why Liverpool pulled out wasn't it?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Jul 2019 10:46

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine Surprise from France - Nabil Fekir was a £50m target for Liverpool last summer and even pictured by the club in their kit before the deal fell apart. Arsenal wanted him too but all that must have cooled, as he's gone to Real Betis for £19.7m. Which looks an absolute steal.

He has no knees though which is an issue. Think thats why Liverpool pulled out wasn't it?

Ah, that was it - they tried to renegotiate at the last minute on the basis of his dodgy knees so the Lyon president pulled the plug.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jul 2019 10:48

Sanguine
Old Man Andrews

Ah, that was it - they tried to renegotiate at the last minute on the basis of his dodgy knees so the Lyon president pulled the plug.

£20m is a ridiculous price in todays market though. Why are Arsenal, Spurs, even Man Utd missing out on that? Seems like a very affordable gamble.

10373 posts