The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by genome » 28 Jul 2020 09:13

Doubt Harry will go anywhere this summer, in this current climate. He'd cost £150m at least.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Jul 2020 10:48

Winston Biscuit
Pepe the Horseman Been told that there's a very good chance Harry Kane is off to Citeh. 12/1 with WillHill, get it while you can x

Seems the perfect Aguero replacement, but surely the money involved would just be too silly?!

Would think so. Haven't even seen a sniff of a rumour, so not sure how reliable the info is, but he seemed pretty confident and has no reason to lie about it.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 28 Jul 2020 22:50

Sounds like Victor Osimhen is on his way from Lille to Napoli for €50M plus €10m in extras. That's a lot of money for a young player from the French league

Still waiting to see if anyone will go for Camavinga. That will be real big money if it happens.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 29 Jul 2020 08:17

genome Doubt Harry will go anywhere this summer, in this current climate. He'd cost £150m at least.

As FFP doesn't apply to Citeh the fee shouldn't be a problem

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Jul 2020 11:35

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53580180

Good bit of business for Leicester tying Maddison down to a new contract.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Jul 2020 11:55

Wondering where Grealsih will end up, had him down at Leicester if they sold Maddison. Think Arsenal could do a lot worse than go for Grealish as an Ozil replacement.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 29 Jul 2020 21:10

If Chelsea do get Chilwell they will be going places next season. They just need a new keeper or play willy in goal, he's better then kepa

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 30 Jul 2020 10:03

Old Man Andrews Wondering where Grealsih will end up, had him down at Leicester if they sold Maddison. Think Arsenal could do a lot worse than go for Grealish as an Ozil replacement.

Is he an Arteta type of player? Obvs he's a really good player and Arsenal/Spurs is the kind of level he'd fit in well at rather than a top 4 club but I wonder if his off-field reputation is putting some clubs off. He's old enough now not to be doing stupid stuff like going to lockdown parties and crashing his car on the way home.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2020 10:08

6ft Kerplunk
Old Man Andrews Wondering where Grealsih will end up, had him down at Leicester if they sold Maddison. Think Arsenal could do a lot worse than go for Grealish as an Ozil replacement.

Is he an Arteta type of player? Obvs he's a really good player and Arsenal/Spurs is the kind of level he'd fit in well at rather than a top 4 club but I wonder if his off-field reputation is putting some clubs off. He's old enough now not to be doing stupid stuff like going to lockdown parties and crashing his car on the way home.

He certainly does have an immature streak off the pitch I think he has matured on it though, always puts in a shift and the ability he has is clear for all to see, Villa would have been relegated quite comfortably without him. I am not sure if Arteta has any faith in Pepe and he certainly doesn't in Ozil so there is a gap there for Grealish, the fact he knows he isn't the local boy done good might improve his off field behaviour. There must be a certain level of "I can do what I like" at Villa, he is Villa essentially. Being a slightly smaller fish in a pond full of stars might calm him down and give him a more professional way of thinking.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jul 2020 11:22

Old Man Andrews Nathan Ake to join Man City for £35m.

£41m bid accepted by all accounts.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2020 11:25

Hendo

Not sure he is any improvement on John Stones tbh but it will probably mean they can get Otimendi off the books and get in a homegrown player.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jul 2020 12:08

Old Man Andrews
Hendo

Not sure he is any improvement on John Stones tbh but it will probably mean they can get Otimendi off the books and get in a homegrown player.

Do think a left footed CB is always handy, helps play at a higher tempo and progression on the ball, rather than constantly having to check back onto the stronger right foot

Obviously expecting Ake to be back up to Laporte but a good signing nonetheless, just need a stronger player at RCB now

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jul 2020 13:53

He starts on the bench at any of the top four clubs...would have to force his way into the first team

Does he want to do that?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jul 2020 13:59

Considering he's Mr Villa* why would Grealish want to leave now that they've somehow managed to stay up?

*© Jonathan "Mr Hyperbole" Pearce

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jul 2020 14:03

Silver Fox Considering he's Mr Villa* why would Grealish want to leave now that they've somehow managed to stay up?

*© Jonathan "Mr Hyperbole" Pearce

Staying up means his price tag has just gone up a fair whack

Are top clubs going to pay the extra £20M's for someone that isn't a guaranteed starter

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 30 Jul 2020 14:30

Can't see why any of the top 4 would be buying him anyway. He's a bit Ross Barclay* but with more points on his driving licence. If I were Dortmund I'd be pissing myself laughing if Man United were thinking of buying him instead of Sancho and adding another few £M to the price.

* yeah I know he's at one of the top four but he's not a guaranteed starter and hasn't quite lived up to his early promise yet.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jul 2020 14:37

6ft Kerplunk Can't see why any of the top 4 would be buying him anyway. He's a bit Ross Barclay* but with more points on his driving licence. If I were Dortmund I'd be pissing myself laughing if Man United were thinking of buying him instead of Sancho and adding another few £M to the price.

* yeah I know he's at one of the top four but he's not a guaranteed starter and hasn't quite lived up to his early promise yet.

United really need someone to come in if Bruno/Pogba aren't available...creative quality literally falls off a cliff after those two

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jul 2020 15:48

Kind of false off after the first one most days doesn't it?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 30 Jul 2020 15:52

BR0B0T United really need someone to come in if Bruno/Pogba aren't available...creative quality literally falls off a cliff after those two

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jul 2020 15:55

Winston Biscuit
BR0B0T United really need someone to come in if Bruno/Pogba aren't available...creative quality literally falls off a cliff after those two

Think that's the only reason he has lasted so long...big social media etc presence...he has been good at marketing the club

however, WTF was going on here....

10373 posts