The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by genome » 04 Jul 2019 12:32

Jack Celliers There were too many mentions of Dembele and Pogba in what I have read about him. He'll come to the Premier League and something won't be right. He'll stay in the side playing badly until Christmas and go on loan next season.

No chance. He's not a Bakayoko.

It's a class signing, and Spurs do need him, having lost Dembele.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 04 Jul 2019 22:56

Rodri to man city
Jagielka to sheff utd
Buffon back to juve. He realllyyyyy wants to win the champions league

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 04 Jul 2019 23:11

Jags back to Sheff Utd? Cool

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 04 Jul 2019 23:30

Think Maguire will end up at United for 75M

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jul 2019 09:45

John Madejski's Wallet Jags back to Sheff Utd? Cool

Yeah, nice that he will probably finish his career there.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jul 2019 10:07

BR0B0T Think Maguire will end up at United for 75M

In this day and age I don't see that as too bad a figure to be honest.

He's been largely excellent and is probably just the type of player United need. His performance against City towards the end of last season was so good and he's at a great age to step up a level too.

Is he as good as VvD? Nope, I wouldn't say he is, but he's better than most central defenders who could be brought and he has experience of the Premier League and has performed well in it for 3 seasons. He isn't just a flash in the pan who's got lucky playing in a decent side for 6 months.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2019 10:47

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T Think Maguire will end up at United for 75M

In this day and age I don't see that as too bad a figure to be honest.

He's been largely excellent and is probably just the type of player United need. His performance against City towards the end of last season was so good and he's at a great age to step up a level too.

Is he as good as VvD? Nope, I wouldn't say he is, but he's better than most central defenders who could be brought and he has experience of the Premier League and has performed well in it for 3 seasons. He isn't just a flash in the pan who's got lucky playing in a decent side for 6 months.

exactly my reasoning...would rather Koulibally, Varrane or Skriniar etc but they're difficult to get

Prem proven, dominant in the air and what you said!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jul 2019 11:32

BR0B0T
Hoop Blah In this day and age I don't see that as too bad a figure to be honest.

exactly my reasoning...would rather Koulibally, Varrane or Skriniar etc but they're difficult to get

I've read that Varrane's buy out clause is something like £400m. Good luck with that...

Koulibally looks like he'd be a great signing. Expensive, but looks the part. He'd likely cost a chunk more than Maguire, and there's the risk he might struggle to adapt to the Premier League, but on paper he'd probably be the first choice out of those that could be available for United.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Jul 2019 11:37

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T
Hoop Blah In this day and age I don't see that as too bad a figure to be honest.

I've read that Varrane's buy out clause is something like £400m. Good luck with that.

release clauses are a legal requirement in Spanish contracts so you find many of the top players just have them set at a silly number so as to remove them from the conversation. The figure inserted in isn't the fee that the club wants, it just puts the power in the selling clubs hands to demand whatever they want. Went a bit wonky with Neymar though obv :lol:

I believe release clauses are against the law in France (though a few players have reportedly signed side agreements which basically amount to release clauses)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 05 Jul 2019 11:50

Winston Biscuit
Hoop Blah
BR0B0T

I've read that Varrane's buy out clause is something like £400m. Good luck with that.

release clauses are a legal requirement in Spanish contracts so you find many of the top players just have them set at a silly number so as to remove them from the conversation. The figure inserted in isn't the fee that the club wants, it just puts the power in the selling clubs hands to demand whatever they want. Went a bit wonky with Neymar though obv :lol:

I believe release clauses are against the law in France (though a few players have reportedly signed side agreements which basically amount to release clauses)

Bruno Fernandes has a clause that if a club offers a certain amount (£35-40M) and Sporting Lisbon refuse they have to pay him £5M

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jul 2019 12:12

Winston Biscuit release clauses are a legal requirement in Spanish contracts so you find many of the top players just have them set at a silly number so as to remove them from the conversation. The figure inserted in isn't the fee that the club wants, it just puts the power in the selling clubs hands to demand whatever they want. Went a bit wonky with Neymar though obv :lol:

The article that mentioned the value of the clause also said that Real weren't going to be listening to any offers that didn't trigger it because Zidane made it clear that he didn't want to lose Varrane (who'd made some noises about maybe leaving this summer).

Of course it's unlikely they'd turn down an offer of £350m for him, or even £250m perhaps, but it was more to add a little context to the conversation of who might be available for United.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 05 Jul 2019 12:15

BR0B0T
Winston Biscuit
Hoop Blah

Bruno Fernandes has a clause that if a club offers a certain amount (£35-40M) and Sporting Lisbon refuse they have to pay him £5M

Italian media reporting that Buffon's new contract at Juve says he must play 8 games so that he overtakes Maldini as the record appearance holder.

Seems mentz to have something like that which can actually potentially impact on team performances / results

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 05 Jul 2019 12:22

Winston Biscuit
BR0B0T
Winston Biscuit

Italian media reporting that Buffon's new contract at Juve says he must play 8 games so that he overtakes Maldini as the record appearance holder.

Seems mentz to have something like that which can actually potentially impact on team performances / results

Juve have title sewn up after 30 games. Buffon plays the last 8 but would expect him to start next season, he is still better than their other options.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jul 2019 12:25

Winston Biscuit
BR0B0T
Winston Biscuit

Until you remember this is Italian football? :wink:

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Jul 2019 13:14

Hoop Blah
BR0B0T

I've read that Varrane's buy out clause is something like £400m. Good luck with that...

Koulibally looks like he'd be a great signing. Expensive, but looks the part. He'd likely cost a chunk more than Maguire, and there's the risk he might struggle to adapt to the Premier League, but on paper he'd probably be the first choice out of those that could be available for United.

If you are a processional footballer at the top level, especially a centre back which is the easiest position to play in the world, and you cannot adapt to doing your job which is the same thing, you shouldn't be a footballer.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jul 2019 15:01

The Enfield Royal71 If you are a processional footballer at the top level, especially a centre back which is the easiest position to play in the world, and you cannot adapt to doing your job which is the same thing, you shouldn't be a footballer.

I'd put you straight on that ridiculous statement but I'm under NDA so can't I'm afraid.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 05 Jul 2019 15:23

Hoop Blah
The Enfield Royal71 If you are a processional footballer at the top level, especially a centre back which is the easiest position to play in the world, and you cannot adapt to doing your job which is the same thing, you shouldn't be a footballer.

I'd put you straight on that ridiculous statement but I'm under NDA so can't I'm afraid.

Aka you are too stupid and have nothing to say.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jul 2019 16:13

Sergio Reguillon joins Sevilla on loan from Real Madrid.

Whilst Martin Ødegaard is loaned to Real Sociedad. The club wanted Ødegaard to join Bayer Leverkusen but the player wanted to join La Real.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Jul 2019 16:18

sandman Sergio Reguillon joins Sevilla on loan from Real Madrid.

Whilst Martin Ødegaard is loaned to Real Sociedad. The club wanted Ødegaard to join Bayer Leverkusen but the player wanted to join La Real.

I know he is only 20, but not kicked on as some predicted. Was Real really the right club for him to go to?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jul 2019 16:29

Not everyone is Mbappe. Ødegaard had a really good season last year at Vitesse and was one of the best and most creative players in the Dutch League. He really progressed last year.

He is progressing well and Madrid are happy with him.

Florentino Perez Odegaard came at 16 and now he’s 20. He was among the 2-3 best players in the Dutch league this year. In 2-3 years, he will be one of the stars of Real Madrid.

10373 posts