The generic transfer thread

10377 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Sanguine » 30 Jul 2019 09:54

sandman
The Enfield Royal71 Seems that bale is now staying.

Either real madrid realise they need him after they got stuffed by atleti, or they are not playing ball and refusing to let him move

If I was him I would refuse to play. He has been treated like shit.

He has not been treated "like shit". If they'd wanted to treat him like shit then they could have done what Reading have done recently and effectively exiled him.

He was taken on the tour with the first team and has been training with them every day. Both sides are fulfilling their contractual obligations to each other.

It was Bale and his agent who were the first ones to air their dirty laundry in public, not Zidane, and they continue to do so.

I love how much you love Real Madrid. It's really cute.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jul 2019 11:16

In terms of records/trophies/numbers as a player at RM

Bale >>>>> Zidane

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Jul 2019 13:57

Sanguine
sandman
The Enfield Royal71 Seems that bale is now staying.

Either real madrid realise they need him after they got stuffed by atleti, or they are not playing ball and refusing to let him move

If I was him I would refuse to play. He has been treated like shit.

He has not been treated "like shit". If they'd wanted to treat him like shit then they could have done what Reading have done recently and effectively exiled him.

He was taken on the tour with the first team and has been training with them every day. Both sides are fulfilling their contractual obligations to each other.

It was Bale and his agent who were the first ones to air their dirty laundry in public, not Zidane, and they continue to do so.

They have disrespected Bale from more or less the start, he didnt fit into their culture and ethos so they are essentially bullying him until he leaves, both the supporters and the club. To see it any other way is extremely short sighted.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Jul 2019 14:00

Old Man Andrews
Sanguine
sandman

They have disrespected Bale from more or less the start, he didnt fit into their culture and ethos so they are essentially bullying him until he leaves, both the supporters and the club. To see it any other way is extremely short sighted.

Pretty much what I said which got shut down.

They have treated him like shit.

If that were to happen in another job Hr would get involved

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Jul 2019 14:18

I cannot fathom a scenario where you freeze out a player who scored an overhead kick to win you a Champions League barely 12 months ago. Most other clubs would have a statue of him for that.

Real Madrid is a weird club.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Jul 2019 14:33

Old Man Andrews They have disrespected Bale from more or less the start, he didnt fit into their culture and ethos so they are essentially bullying him until he leaves, both the supporters and the club. To see it any other way is extremely short sighted.

It comes across that he might have made more effort to fit in with local culture - I don't think he speaks much Spanish despite his few years there. But that aside, and some players just don't settle abroad, the club has essentially come out and said that they want him to leave, and that after playing him for 80% of the time in a position different to that in which he impressed them at Spurs, mainly because they also bought Ronaldo, who prefers to play in the same position.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 30 Jul 2019 16:14

BR0B0T In terms of records/trophies/numbers as a player at RM

Bale >>>>> Zidane

Appreciate club level, but Bale's never won a World Cup (although, never been sent off in a final either)

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jul 2019 16:42

Franchise FC
BR0B0T In terms of records/trophies/numbers as a player at RM

Bale >>>>> Zidane

Appreciate club level, but Bale's never won a World Cup (although, never been sent off in a final either)

that's down to which particular patch of earth you were born on

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Jul 2019 17:25

genome I cannot fathom a scenario where you freeze out a player who scored an overhead kick to win you a Champions League barely 12 months ago. Most other clubs would have a statue of him for that.

Real Madrid is a weird club.

You say that, but where is the statue of Paul Holsgrove at the Madejski?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 30 Jul 2019 17:30

Lukaku in a swap deal for Dybala is apparently in the making, with Dybala's agent in Manchester. Which is nuts. I'd sooner Moises Kean than Lukaku, but they've sold the former to Everton for £29m.

A couple of rumours that United might get Mandzukic as well in that deal. Which is even nuts-er.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jul 2019 21:09

Sanguine Lukaku in a swap deal for Dybala is apparently in the making, with Dybala's agent in Manchester. Which is nuts. I'd sooner Moises Kean than Lukaku, but they've sold the former to Everton for £29m.

A couple of rumours that United might get Mandzukic as well in that deal. Which is even nuts-er.

tbf to Lukaku, if you put the ball into the box for him he'll get you goals

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 30 Jul 2019 22:28

BR0B0T
Sanguine Lukaku in a swap deal for Dybala is apparently in the making, with Dybala's agent in Manchester. Which is nuts. I'd sooner Moises Kean than Lukaku, but they've sold the former to Everton for £29m.

Don't think there has been many bigger wastes of money in this league ever then him

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 30 Jul 2019 22:41

The Enfield Royal71
BR0B0T

Don't think there has been many bigger wastes of money in this league ever then him

he has a decent goal scoring record for Utd...bit of a flat track bully tbf

The team finished 2nd with him playing up-front. I don't think he's a great footballer but he can defo put the ball in the back of the net

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jul 2019 10:50

Veron?
De Maria?
Djemba Djemba

...and that's just United.

Shevchenko? Kezman? Torres Mutu?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2019 11:05

Wonder if Spurs will bother to sign a back up striker? Relying on Harry Kane 24/7 can only get you so far, the bloke look knackered all last season tbh. Would have thought someone like Cutrone who Wolves just signed would have been a decent fit. Young player who would be more open to not starting each week and learning from Kane.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 31 Jul 2019 11:49

Patrick Cutrone - AC Milan to Wolves for £16M
Oli McBurnie - Swansea to Shef Utd for £20M

footbaLOLLOL

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jul 2019 12:03

Old Man Andrews Wonder if Spurs will bother to sign a back up striker? Relying on Harry Kane 24/7 can only get you so far, the bloke look knackered all last season tbh. Would have thought someone like Cutrone who Wolves just signed would have been a decent fit. Young player who would be more open to not starting each week and learning from Kane.

Kane's looked very sharp in pre-season, he's benefitted from a break it seems (although it is just pre-season)

When Kane's been out Son has filled in the striker role very well tbf.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Jul 2019 12:17

genome
Old Man Andrews Wonder if Spurs will bother to sign a back up striker? Relying on Harry Kane 24/7 can only get you so far, the bloke look knackered all last season tbh. Would have thought someone like Cutrone who Wolves just signed would have been a decent fit. Young player who would be more open to not starting each week and learning from Kane.

Kane's looked very sharp in pre-season, he's benefitted from a break it seems (although it is just pre-season)

Yeah Son is more than capable, don't get me wrong, but you then take him out of his natural position and have Erik Lamela coming in on the wing who isn't the same. Bit surprised Spurs haven't had a new Harry Kane coming through yet, they seen to have young talent in every other position other than up top.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 31 Jul 2019 13:32, edited 1 time in total.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Jul 2019 12:56

Winston Biscuit Oli McBurnie - Swansea to Shef Utd for £20M

footbaLOLLOL

And Moises Kean only £29m

:lol:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 Jul 2019 13:41

Old Man Andrews
genome

Yeah Son is more than capable, don't get me wrong, but you then take him out of his natural position and have Erik Lamela coming in on the wing who isn't the same. Bit surprised Spurs haven't had a new Harry Kane coming through yet, they seen to have young talent in every other position other than up top.

Troy Parrott is potentially very good.

10377 posts