The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Sanguine » 01 Mar 2021 20:37

Winston Biscuit Shane Long to Bournemouth. Didn't realise how bad his scoring record was at Southampton tbh. Only got above scoring 5 league goals in one season.

Not a lot to dislike about Shane Long - and he's a real example of someone rinsing every ounce of ability out of himself. 539 career club appearances so far, and 85 Ireland caps. Yet he's only got to double figures in league goals twice, and scored a quarter of his total league goals in one season (2010-11) for us.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Mar 2021 22:27

Shane Long is also part of one of my favourite bits of commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJup10szLr0

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Mar 2021 09:56

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit Shane Long to Bournemouth. Didn't realise how bad his scoring record was at Southampton tbh. Only got above scoring 5 league goals in one season.

Not a lot to dislike about Shane Long - and he's a real example of someone rinsing every ounce of ability out of himself. 539 career club appearances so far, and 85 Ireland caps. Yet he's only got to double figures in league goals twice, and scored a quarter of his total league goals in one season (2010-11) for us.

It's not just goals with Long. He lasted so long at Saints as he causes chaos in oppo defences when running the channel and challenging for balls. So he gives an outlet and attacking pressure that allows others to score

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Mar 2021 10:06

John Madejski's Wallet
Sanguine

It's not just goals with Long. He lasted so long at Saints as he causes chaos in oppo defences when running the channel and challenging for balls. So he gives an outlet and attacking pressure that allows others to score

I get that to an extent (I think 'chaos' is a little over-cooked), but I nevertheless think he has done stupendously well to prolong his career as a forward (as he isn't a Sterling/Sancho type runner from wide) to over 600 appearances.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Mar 2021 11:12

Sanguine

He is far from being a natural footballer but what a trier.
Wasn't his main sport gaelic football which made him the hard man that he is for a little ' n.?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Apr 2021 14:41

Wow. Sky reporting that Erling Haaland's representatives are in talks with Barca over a potential transfer. Didn't see that coming - although shows what their outlay is on Messi, given he can be expected to leave in the summer. Raiola and Haaland's father pictured arriving in Barcelona and being collected by club cars.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Apr 2021 14:48

Ooo, didn't see that coming at all. Would be a good signing for them if Messi does go.

Got to be a blow for Man City.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Apr 2021 15:12

I thought the current expectation was that Messi would not be leaving this summer?! I thought it was stay for another 1-2 years then leave for the MLS

(I am clearly out the loop on expectations!)

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Apr 2021 15:13

Winston Biscuit I thought the current expectation was that Messi would not be leaving this summer?! I thought it was stay for another 1-2 years then leave for the MLS

ORLY?

Don't see how they afford Haaland if Messi doesn't leave. I thought they were broke.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 01 Apr 2021 15:18

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit I thought the current expectation was that Messi would not be leaving this summer?! I thought it was stay for another 1-2 years then leave for the MLS

ORLY?

Don't see how they afford Haaland if Messi doesn't leave. I thought they were broke.

they have been broke for many years

If I was them I would get rid of Messi though tbh

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 01 Apr 2021 17:11

Maybe less in this than it originally seemed - Fabrizio Romano reporting that Raiola has already now boarded a plane for Madrid for talks with them, so this seems more feeling out potential destinations than anything else.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 02 Apr 2021 22:10

I don't see how Haarland is a good fit for Barca. He's not really a tippy-tappy style footballer

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 03 Apr 2021 11:15

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 03 Apr 2021 12:16

Sanguine Wow. Sky reporting that Erling Haaland's representatives are in talks with Barca over a potential transfer. Didn't see that coming - although shows what their outlay is on Messi, given he can be expected to leave in the summer. Raiola and Haaland's father pictured arriving in Barcelona and being collected by club cars.

Mina Raiola (sp?) the worst European tour ever

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 04 Apr 2021 16:37

Sanguine Wow. Sky reporting that Erling Haaland's representatives are in talks with Barca over a potential transfer. Didn't see that coming - although shows what their outlay is on Messi, given he can be expected to leave in the summer. Raiola and Haaland's father pictured arriving in Barcelona and being collected by club cars.

And this is what they want.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fcbrac1/status/1378723679677378563?s=21

Explain to #Superesports

@gerardromero

Haaland's parent and agent, Mino Raiola, will propose these xifres to Barça if they fly fitxar to Davanter:

Raiola - € 20M

Father of Haaland - € 20M

Haaland contract - € 30M net + transfer + continuity from Messi

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 12 Apr 2021 06:47

Kayky, a teenage Brazilian, reportedly on his way to Man City for £17M. Doesnt look bad here

https://twitter.com/SuperIgor/status/1381391751366213633?s=19

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Apr 2021 14:30

Winston Biscuit Kayky, a teenage Brazilian, reportedly on his way to Man City for £17M. Doesnt look bad here

https://twitter.com/SuperIgor/status/1381391751366213633?s=19

didnt do good for robinho

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Apr 2021 00:41

Marcus Maddison has had his loan spell cut short at Bolton

Cited his reasons as “not enjoying football any more” and that football has “broke him” - to the verge of possible retirement. Whatever the problem is, it sounds deep, best wishes to him

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 13 Apr 2021 08:35

URZZZZ Marcus Maddison has had his loan spell cut short at Bolton

Cited his reasons as “not enjoying football any more” and that football has “broke him” - to the verge of possible retirement. Whatever the problem is, it sounds deep, best wishes to him

Well the football industry has eventually broke me. All the abuse, pressures & monotony of the last 2 years has just got to me. I’ve tried to fit in & be happy but if I can’t be happy In a winning team fighting for promotion it’s clearly something deeper. I’m returning home to think do I want to play football any more as it just doesn’t bring me any joy at all.

:(

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 Apr 2021 08:46

Sanguine
URZZZZ Marcus Maddison has had his loan spell cut short at Bolton

Well the football industry has eventually broke me. All the abuse, pressures & monotony of the last 2 years has just got to me. I’ve tried to fit in & be happy but if I can’t be happy In a winning team fighting for promotion it’s clearly something deeper. I’m returning home to think do I want to play football any more as it just doesn’t bring me any joy at all.

:(

That is proper shit. Thought he was a pretty decent player as well. Someone I think Reading could've done well in signing a few years ago.

10373 posts