The generic transfer thread

10373 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: The generic transfer thread

by Old Man Andrews » 22 Jan 2019 09:45

Sanguine https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-01-22/french-authorities-confirm-footballer-emiliano-sala-on-board-missing-plane/

Jesus. French authorities confirm that a plane that went missing over the English channel last night was carrying new Cardiff signing Emiliano Sala. :shock: :(

Jeez well you never know he might be ok if they made an emergency landing in the sea or something. Quite unusual for those little planes to just fall out of the sky like a stone.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 22 Jan 2019 13:51

Winston Biscuit Spanish press say Kevin-Prince Boateng is close to completing a loan deal to Barcelona

completed and that feels like a bit of a lolwut to me.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 22 Jan 2019 14:12

stealthpapes
Winston Biscuit Spanish press say Kevin-Prince Boateng is close to completing a loan deal to Barcelona

completed and that feels like a bit of a lolwut to me.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-planning

A bit contrived maybe, but Sid Lowe in the Guardian has had a good, and logical, stab at why Kevin-Prince Boateng in Barca's search for a striker.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jan 2019 09:08

Various press reports that Ajax have agreed to transfer Frenkie De Jong to Barcelona for €90M. The story is that Barca officials are in Amsterdam sorting the details today and it will be officially announced in the next couple of days. He is expected to stay with Ajax on loan until the summer

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 23 Jan 2019 10:08

Winston Biscuit Various press reports that Ajax have agreed to transfer Frenkie De Jong to Barcelona for €90M. The story is that Barca officials are in Amsterdam sorting the details today and it will be officially announced in the next couple of days. He is expected to stay with Ajax on loan until the summer

Has looked inevitable for a while.
I actually think it's De Ligt who will go on to have the totally stellar career. And his leaving Ajax looks just around the corner too. City, apparently.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jan 2019 10:12

Sanguine
Winston Biscuit Various press reports that Ajax have agreed to transfer Frenkie De Jong to Barcelona for €90M. The story is that Barca officials are in Amsterdam sorting the details today and it will be officially announced in the next couple of days. He is expected to stay with Ajax on loan until the summer

I actually think it's De Ligt who will go on to have the totally stellar career. And his leaving Ajax looks just around the corner too. City, apparently.

Absolutely agree on De Ligt. The bits and pieces I have seen of him look absolutely top drawer, and he is still a teenager. Been in the national team since he was 17 years old, already the captain of Ajax and already won the Dutch player of the year award. He has a hell of a career ahead of him.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2019 14:13

Winston Biscuit
Sanguine

Absolutely agree on De Ligt. The bits and pieces I have seen of him look absolutely top drawer, and he is still a teenager. Been in the national team since he was 17 years old, already the captain of Ajax and already won the Dutch player of the year award. He has a hell of a career ahead of him.

Thirded. Top player, fantastic career ahead of him. Why United aren't moving heaven and earth to sign him is totally beyond me.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jan 2019 14:18

Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit
Sanguine

Thirded. Top player, fantastic career ahead of him. Why United aren't moving heaven and earth to sign him is totally beyond me.

£££

Someone at Ajax already said he ain't leaving unless he is the most expensive defender in the world

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Jan 2019 14:22

Winston Biscuit
Old Man Andrews
Winston Biscuit

£££

Someone at Ajax already said he ain't leaving unless he is the most expensive defender in the world

A 19 year old of his ability is well worth that though, it's not like they are poor either is it. If they keep their current squad and only buy De Ligt in the summer thats good business for me. £90m is around what they'd spend on 3 average players anyway, why not spend it on a future superstar?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 23 Jan 2019 15:37

Mario Balotelli joins Marseille

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jan 2019 08:56

De Jong now confirmed by Barca. €86M including add ons. Though I read that this number does not include the agents fee which the club have kept separate and are not saying what it is

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jan 2019 09:08

Gelson Martins to Monaco on loan. He is the main player that Sporting Lisbon were upset about losing on a free after a bunch of their players tore up their contacts. They valued him at crazy money and saw him as a big star of the future, 6 months at Atletico Madrid have not gone well though.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jan 2019 11:46

Middlesbrough sign Jon Obi Mikel.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Jan 2019 12:13

Old Man Andrews Middlesbrough sign Jon Obi Mikel.

gamble as you dont know where his head is after two years in china, but would have been someone i would have minded here, probably instead of baker

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jan 2019 12:14

WoodleyRoyal
Old Man Andrews Middlesbrough sign Jon Obi Mikel.

gamble as you dont know where his head is after two years in china, but would have been someone i would have minded here, probably instead of baker

He'd have been huge ££££.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jan 2019 12:22

Was reportedly on £140k a week in China

Duffy

by Duffy » 24 Jan 2019 12:42

I suspect he'll be on about half that at Boro. Still high for the Championship.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 24 Jan 2019 13:19

£70k at Boro???

Downing is reportedly their current highest earner on £30k

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Jan 2019 13:25

Winston Biscuit £70k at Boro???

The Spread knows nothing about football, best to ignore him.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 24 Jan 2019 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Duffy

by Duffy » 24 Jan 2019 14:11

Winston Biscuit £70k at Boro???

Some Reading players are on that.

10373 posts