The Non - League thread

10520 posts
glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

Re: The Non - League thread

by glass half full » 17 Mar 2017 18:37

Royalist Windsor FC in a rent/lease row with the crown estate

http://www.windsorexpress.co.uk/gallery ... round.html

Pretty incredible a club that supposedly doesn't pay wages has had to have the owner put in 200k over 6 years.

Difficult to tell just from a photo but the pitch looks in pretty good 'nick' and, although elderly-looking, the stand appears structurally sound.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 17 Mar 2017 20:08

glass half full
Royalist Windsor FC in a rent/lease row with the crown estate

Difficult to tell just from a photo but the pitch looks in pretty good 'nick' and, although elderly-looking, the stand appears structurally sound.

.... would need some back-up from RR or TB ('as 'e gorn orf again - don't recall seeing many posts of late on GF - not since end of last season?) :?

... but I think they had put an awful lot of work into the pitch at SM and on my recent visits (last one back in August?) it has looked a treat - is certainly much improved - since I don't think they have had that many more call-offs than is the norm for Jan/Feb - usually just for frost.

...AND they now have VW as lodgers, though I doubt they have that many games on it down in a County Level league - they are due there this coming midweek actually, so might pop along for what's known in' Anorak-world' as a 'half-tick' :mrgreen:

Thing is, although I'm tempted I'd to see Virginia Water play under lights of a midweek, for novelty value and I wouldn't usually do a 'revisit' for a weekend game; there ARE a couple of other particularly 'tasty' options about this coming Tue (21st).

MUFC v OCFC and Bracknell trek up to Ardley for a game that might go a way towards settling the Hellenic Premier League title in their favour.

EDIT: VW only have one other 'home' fixture scheduled at Stag Meadow, on Sat 8th April.

Royalist

by Royalist » 18 Mar 2017 08:57

glass half full

Yeah the pitch is the pride and joy of the club and fanbase every time i talk to people who still go they bring it up! Not sure its been the money bringer in that would justify the outlay. The old club started the big spend on the pitch after a few awful years due to the Slough pitch share. Rest of the ground is looked after by volunteers so it's going to be a little tatty!

Doesn't look like this little spat is that serious though with both sides saying they want the club to stay. Does explain why the whole 'self sustainable' gym/new stand and clubhouse plans never took off.

double d

by double d » 18 Mar 2017 18:16

Back from maidenhead v welling. Was 962 fans there, probably boosted by RFC not playing. Was my first time and I will deffo be back. They were a class above and went 3-0 up by halftime and stayed that way
Is a decent ground with relatively loud fans. Seemed like they have one game plan which is long balls to the big burly forward who holds up play and puts it behind for tarpey to run on to. He scored which took his Talley to I believe 37 for the season. He ran and ran and ran, seriously seemed a class above the rest. At 28 though wonder if he can cut it on league 1 or 2 but there was a fair few scouts (Mrs DD uncle works as first team fitness coach at forest green and recognised a few from his days of playing and coaching). If they do go up however they will struggle without him as they didn't have a game plan other then that. Their right back (remi Street?) Was their best player today I think. Welling were nt a good team.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Mar 2017 20:29

Royalist
glass half full

Yeah the pitch is the pride and joy of the club and fanbase every time i talk to people who still go they bring it up! Not sure its been the money bringer in that would justify the outlay. The old club started the big spend on the pitch after a few awful years due to the Slough pitch share. Rest of the ground is looked after by volunteers so it's going to be a little tatty!

Doesn't look like this little spat is that serious though with both sides saying they want the club to stay. Does explain why the whole 'self sustainable' gym/new stand and clubhouse plans never took off.

I've been saying that on here for years - no plans can go ahead for any club / ground development until such time as a lease has been agreed / signed.

Kevin has been scathing about the people at Crown Estates for a long time but last time I spoke to him about was fairly laid back about it all. He spent circa £10k trying to push things along but a couple of years ago just decided that any action he took or money he spent made no difference to them whatsoever, they would continue at snail's pace so getting stressed over it, despite meaning nothing could move forward, was a waste of time and energy.

I can only imagine he has reached a point where that frustration has boiled up again... I mean ffs, 6 years!!!

Maybe potential investors have revealed themselves in recent times but are getting frustrated as well.

As for £200k of his own money to keep this club going - I find that very hard to believe.

Anyway, I didn't go today but Windsor lost 2-1 at high flying Westfield which was an excellent result. We started with 7 teenagers and (I believe) had 5 more on the bench! Plus, the 16yo who won the Player of the Month Award wasn't amongst them. Astonishing really. :shock:

Oh, and the rest of the ground is far from tatty! Lots of work goes into the infrastructure every close season but particularly so in 2016 with a complete refurb of the changing rooms amongst several other significant projects undertaken by the volunteers.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 19 Mar 2017 01:44

here's the NL round-up :

Saturday 18th March

NAT
Aldershot Town 2-0 Sutton United
Gateshead 2-1 WokingCards led early on but succumbed to two 2nd half goals – winner on 91’

NATN
Darlington 1883 1-0 Brackley Town
NATS
Dartford 5-3 Truro City
East Thurrock United 2-1 Oxford City
Eastbourne Borough 1-2 Bath City
Ebbsfleet United 2-1 Weston-Super-Mare - ‘Fleet recovered from a goal down late on
Gosport Borough 4-0 St Albans City
Hemel Hempstead Town 3-2 Margate
Hungerford Town 2-1 Concord Rangers – Brown with the winner on 83’ – Crusaders were behind at HT - host W-S-M at Bulpit on Monday; a win would put them temporarily above 5th placed Poole. The Dolphins host Truro the following evening
Maidenhead United 3-0 Welling United – three up at the break & another for Tarpey
Poole Town 3-3 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Wealdstone 1-1 Chelmsford City
Whitehawk 1-0 Bishops Stortford

ILP
Burgess Hill Town 3-3 Staines Town
IL1S
Chatham Town 0-1 Godalming Town

SLP
Biggleswade Town {SIX} 6-0 Hayes & Yeading United
Chesham United 0-4 Banbury United
Chippenham Town 3-1 Merthyr Town
King's Lynn Town 2-1 Basingstoke Town
Slough Town 4-1 Cinderford Town –
SL1C
Arlesey Town 1-0 Fleet Town
Aylesbury United
1-2 Ashford Town (Mx)
Barton Rovers 4-2 Kidlington
Bedford Town 1-1 Egham Town
Chalfont St Peter A-A Kempston Rovers – match abandoned 5’ into 2nd half stoppage time with Chalfont leading 2-1 & Rovers down to 10 men. Serious back-injury to home player could not be moved Ref called it off at 17:50.

Farnborough 3-3 Royston Town
Marlow 0-2 Histon
Petersfield Town 0-1 Aylesbury
Potters Bar Town 1-1 Beaconsfield SYCOB
Uxbridge 5-0 Northwood
SL1S&W
Barnstaple Town 2-1 Didcot Town -
Hereford 4-1 North Leigh -att 2474 a goal apiece for Mills and Haysham
Wantage Town 1-0 Bridgwater Town – scant consolation for Freds in a miserable season. Confirmed relegation surely only a couple of games away now, as they lag 14 points adrift of Yate, Totton & Slimbridge with only half a doz. fixtures remaining.
Yate Town 1-0 Winchester City

CCLP
Bedfont & Feltham 3-2 Colliers Wood United - a rare win for bottom club B&F who’ve shown some green shoots this year but were far too adrift at the end of the last one to recover. Baggy Lea and RPV look to sink with them as they run out of games – numbers up/down often a big variable in the league. Could feasibly be four going down, dependent upon Div One gradings and any new entrants in from the County Level.

Camberley Town 1-3 AFC Hayes
Chertsey Town 2-1 Raynes Park Vale
Epsom & Ewell 0-1 Hartley Wintney The Row now only 2 points from confirming the title – might do it next w/e at home to Horley
Farnham Town 2-1 Knaphill
Hanworth Villa 4-0 Badshot Lea
Horley Town 2-0 CB Hounslow United
North Greenford United 2-1 Guildford City
Spelthorne Sports 1-1 Abbey Rangers
Sutton Common Rovers 0-1 Walton & Hersham
Westfield 2-1 Windsor – Field’s run-in actually looks fairly angst free on paper with no major top-half nor form sides in opposition in their last 8 games – so it looks as if they will at least have 2nd place as consolation, in a season that might have yielded honours were it not for Hartley’s remarkable charge up ahead of them; Just 14 points dropped and a staggering 122 goals scored.
In contrast to Westfield’s remaining fixtures ,HW’s last 7 league matches see them take on mostly upper half sides.

CCL1
Ash United 2-3 Redhill
Balham 1-2 Chessington & Hook United
Banstead Athletic 3-2 Cove
Dorking
3-2 Farleigh Rovers
Frimley Green 0-0 AC London
South Park Res 1-1 Cobham
Staines Lammas 0-0 Eversley & California
Worcester Park P-P Bagshot - supposedly away side could not raise an XI :?
- Looking at the top six it would appear than any of these would be OK on grading to step up to the Premier
- Cove continue to improve considerably at the foot during the season’s run in– losing very narrowly this PM at runaway leaders Banstead. On an unbeaten run of four at home (2 W 2D and 13 goals scored)

HELLP
Ascot United 1-3 Ardley United
Brackley Town Saints 2-1 Brimscombe & Thrupp
Bracknell Town {SIX} 6-0 Royal Wootton Bassett
Burnham 2-3 Thame United
Highmoor-Ibis
3-1 Lydney Town
Highworth Town 3-0 Henley Town -
Oxford City Nomads 0-3 Flackwell Heath
Thatcham Town
3-0 Binfield
- Top two both win which sees Thame keep their 2 point lead over Robins who continue to rattle up goals at an alarming rate – another half doz. this PM. Bracknell can re-take the lead if they can win at Ardley on Tue eve.
- Flackwell can confirm a third place finish if they can bt Tuffley next w/e
- Wins this PM for Highmoor & Brackley cement Henley & Burnham’s final placings in the drop zone.
- Currently Ascot & Nomads make up the bottom four – though I doubt four will actually go down as the Div One promotion slots are filled by a few ‘non-eligible’ clubs – particularly in One East where only Woodley Utd have necessary grading within the top five. In One West the top two Fairford and Hooky are better aspected to take promotion - provided they wish to take the possible financial hit. Abingdon Utd are pretty well placed to charge into the promotion slots too.

HELL1E
Bicester Town 6-0 Chinnor
Holyport
1-3 Woodley United
Penn & Tylers Green 5-1 Didcot Town Res'
Sandhurst Town 1-3 AFC Aldermaston
HELL1W
Easington Sports 0-4 Abingdon United
New College Swindon 0-2 Letcombe
Shrivenham
4-0 Milton United
HELL Supp
Rayners Lane 2-3 Milton Keynes Academy
Wokingham & Emmbrook 3-4 Chalfont Wasps

WESSP
Bournemouth 2-2 Whitchurch United
Lymington Town 1-2 Alresford Town
Team Solent 2-0 Andover Town
WESS1
Alton 1-2 United Services Portsmouth
Fleet Spurs 1-4 Weymouth Res
Folland Sports 4-0 Andover New Street
Pewsey Vale 1-2 Tadley Calleva

- another long trip East this PM (Sat) as we got to another 'new tick' this time in East Cambs - on the edge of Fenland.
ISTHMIAN ONE North Soham Town Rangers 2-1 Thurrock - M25/M11/A11 up and beyond Newmarket - quite a tidy little ground - good food good bar querky elevated stand. Relegation threatened hosts upset PO chasing Thurrock, for whom ex- pro Mark Stimson holds the reins.
I estimate we STILL have about half-a doz. to do in this general area- just in this division - as well as a few more Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk clubs in the upper levels
Might avoid the bottom two (Wroxham & Gt Wakering] as they are almost nailed on to be relegated back to Eastern Counties or Essex Senior respectively. Doubtless they may be replaced by two equally long-distance ticks from these parts ! :roll: - though the Essex contenders currently hail from a bit nearer London or even inside the M25.
Somewhat 'grim' associations with the town; as it seems mostly renown for a munitions train near-disaster towards the end of WW2 and of course the much publicised murders of the two schoolgirls back in 2002.
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 19 Mar 2017 20:39, edited 1 time in total.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 19 Mar 2017 17:10

Four Of Clubs - another long trip East this PM (Sat)

Long, pah! I went with a mate up to Blyth Spartans yesterday.

There's little to make you question your sanity like setting off home and seeing a sign saying "A1 Newcastle and The South". Thankfully it was an entertaining 4-0 win for the home team, who play good football in a good ground.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 20 Mar 2017 10:29

tmesis

There's little to make you question your sanity like setting off home and seeing a sign saying "A1 Newcastle and The South". Thankfully it was an entertaining 4-0 win for the home team, who play good football in a good ground.

^ Lost the plot.

You can redeem yourself by posting up your blog for us all to enjoy. Always a good read.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Mar 2017 10:37

I saw Wealdstone V Chelmsford City on Saturday. Wealdstone came into the game on the back of an 8 game winning streak and were ten unbeaten. Their last defeat was a 4-1 FA Trophy reversal at home to Brackley.

Wealdstone are a decent side at the level but I've noticed that the really top sides in National League South are quite a lot more physical than the Stones.

It was interesting seeing your thougths on Maidenhead United Double D. It sounds like they are all about Tarpey. If you take Tarps out the team they could be quite ordinary, but they know how to play to his strengths and make the most of his attributes.

I didn't see Wealdstone's games with Maidenhead this season. I think the Stones have played them 3 times and won twice and lost the once. Hampton and Richmond are quite physical and Chelmsford are quite strong too. The Stones are looking to recruit a lot of new supporters for next season and are following Sutton Uniteds crowd building ideas of offering really cheap season tickets. Just £99 quid or £75 quid if you are a season ticket holder at a football league club. They're trying to make Wealdstone the second team of all those QPR, Brentford, Chelsea and Fulham fans that live in the Ruislip area. They probably weren't expecting a Reading fan to join in too though. The kids are free.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Mar 2017 13:32

Saw the stones at Maidenhead this season and they were a thoroughly well organised team that Maidenhead found very difficult to break down and when they finally did it was from a Tarps. set piece

Never struck me that Maidenhead are a physical team and Wealdstone certainly weren't

However, before games, I always struggle to get the impression of Wealdstone being anything other than a very physical team out of my head. Think that stems back to the violent cup tie they had with Reading in the mid 80s when three players were sent off - and I don't think any of the three were Vinny Jones

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 20 Mar 2017 15:11

No, I don't think Wealdstone can be considered a physical team. The physically strongest sides seem to be at the top end of the table. When I say physical, maybe I mean fittest sides. I guess at NLS level fitness makes more of a difference since they're all part timers.

There have been some games where they didn't look like they could compete physically.

There is another game on tonight. Wealdstone V Concord Rangers. I think I might just go again. No games on the telly. I could do with a bit of monday night football. Always a good atmosphere at Wealdstone on a Monday night under the floodlights. The fans are believing that they can actually make the play-offs this year. It looks a tall order from what I can see though. It would need the Stones to win another 8 games in succession and hope the likes of Chelmsford and Poole Town drop points in at least 3 of their games.

I dont think the Stones are really overpowering any teams. They look like they are just getting the rub of the green at the moment. On that basis I can't see them maintaining their excellent run. But you never know.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 20 Mar 2017 18:41

Top Flight No, I don't think Wealdstone can be considered a physical team. The physically strongest sides seem to be at the top end of the table. When I say physical, maybe I mean fittest sides. I guess at NLS level fitness makes more of a difference since they're all part timers.

There have been some games where they didn't look like they could compete physically.

There is another game on tonight. Wealdstone V Concord Rangers. I think I might just go again. No games on the telly. I could do with a bit of monday night football. Always a good atmosphere at Wealdstone on a Monday night under the floodlights. The fans are believing that they can actually make the play-offs this year. It looks a tall order from what I can see though. It would need the Stones to win another 8 games in succession and hope the likes of Chelmsford and Poole Town drop points in at least 3 of their games.

I dont think the Stones are really overpowering any teams. They look like they are just getting the rub of the green at the moment. On that basis I can't see them maintaining their excellent run. But you never know.

I think their play off optimism is in part due to ground grading issues for Poole & Hungerford. They are currently in 5th/6th, so play offs could go down to 7th place. Farcical if you ask me, top 5 should be minimum for a shot at promotion, but those are the rules

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 20 Mar 2017 18:47

Tony Le Mesmer
tmesis

^ Lost the plot.

You can redeem yourself by posting up your blog for us all to enjoy. Always a good read.

https://stadiumsandcities.wordpress.com ... ersdale-0/

Mick's keen on going up to Spennymoor on Saturday as well. I think I'll try to steer him away from that. Going up that way two weeks in a row would be madness, even if it surprisingly didn't seem that bad. Maybe it's because the week before I'd been on a 12.5 hour flight home from Hanoi. You get into a state of thinking "oh, only 4 hours to go...nearly there"

The previous game I went to was in Bangkok, notable for the winning goal being scored by Newcastle "legend" Xisco Jimenez, and for being the only ground I've been to where the perimeter "fence" was a hedge.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Mar 2017 00:26

... come from behind win for Hungerford tonight 2-1 over W-S-M - under their NEW floodlights 8) - reportedly Crusaders pretty poor defensively 1st half and could have trailled by more than one.

BW made a triple-sub around the hour mark that turned the game - brought on Brown, Bentley & Meecham, for Rees, Goodyer & Jarvis - Matty Day levelled from a long throw routine on 67' - Stefan Brown scored the winner from the spot 5' later but according to his tweets pulled his hamstring doing so! :|

Three points takes them back up to 5th and the last PO spot - though Poole host Truro tomorrow (tonight :shock: ) sorry just noticed the time!

...a point for the Dolphins would see them re-take 5th.

Wealdstone drew 1-1 with Concord despite going down to 10 men around the hour mark.

...elsewhere Wok & Emm edged past their former landlords, Henley Town 3-1 at Mill Lane in the RG Invitation Cup.

- I dashed out further west for an Hellenic One West fixture - up beyond jn 15 to Supermarine where New College Swindon now play on one of the outside Rugby pitches. They hosted bottom club Woodstock Town, who were massacred by the league leaders Fairford, 11-0 at the w/e.

!st half was an even contest, if anything the visitors shaded it and repeatedly looked dangerous on the break. Eventually the students movement and pace proved too much for the Woodstock back-line and they unravelled to lose 4-1.

P&xy M4 closed from jn13- jn12 so had to drop down to A4. S'pose I ought to have tried to check beforehand but these closures and cone infestations appear to be be pretty randomly scheduled - back at jn11 the signs were up stating the slip roads would be closing from 22:00h- when they clearly weren't?? :x :? :roll:

- think I'm going for another 'half-tick' tomoz at Stag Meadow for Virgina Water v Horsley - unless I feel brave enough to try and leave home earlier for Bracknell's crunch game at Ardley in the Hellenic Prem

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 21 Mar 2017 12:55

Four Of Clubs ... come from behind win for Hungerford tonight 2-1 over W-S-M - under their NEW floodlights 8) - reportedly Crusaders pretty poor defensively 1st half and could have trailled by more than one.

BW made a triple-sub around the hour mark that turned the game - brought on Brown, Bentley & Meecham, for Rees, Goodyer & Jarvis - Matty Day levelled from a long throw routine on 67' - Stefan Brown scored the winner from the spot 5' later but according to his tweets pulled his hamstring doing so! :|

Three points takes them back up to 5th and the last PO spot - though Poole host Truro tomorrow (tonight :shock: ) sorry just noticed the time!

...a point for the Dolphins would see them re-take 5th.

Wealdstone drew 1-1 with Concord despite going down to 10 men around the hour mark.

...elsewhere Wok & Emm edged past their former landlords, Henley Town 3-1 at Mill Lane in the RG Invitation Cup.

- I dashed out further west for an Hellenic One West fixture - up beyond jn 15 to Supermarine where New College Swindon now play on one of the outside Rugby pitches. They hosted bottom club Woodstock Town, who were massacred by the league leaders Fairford, 11-0 at the w/e.

!st half was an even contest, if anything the visitors shaded it and repeatedly looked dangerous on the break. Eventually the students movement and pace proved too much for the Woodstock back-line and they unravelled to lose 4-1.

P&xy M4 closed from jn13- jn12 so had to drop down to A4. S'pose I ought to have tried to check beforehand but these closures and cone infestations appear to be be pretty randomly scheduled - back at jn11 the signs were up stating the slip roads would be closing from 22:00h- when they clearly weren't?? :x :? :roll:

- think I'm going for another 'half-tick' tomoz at Stag Meadow for Virgina Water v Horsley - unless I feel brave enough to try and leave home earlier for Bracknell's crunch game at Ardley in the Hellenic Prem

I went to the Stones game last night. Considering the Stones are supposed to be flying at the moment they just don't seem to be able to play well at home. It was a fairly even first half but Stones should have taken the lead when Joe White was put through on goal but the young Dagenham and Redbridge loanee could only fire his shot straight at the visiting keeper.

The Stones survived a couple of moments when Concord could have scored but the ex Watford academy graduate Johnathon North kept them out with a couple of smart saves.

The second half carried on much the same as the first with neither side really looking like they could get on top and the football was pretty turgid at times. Wealdstone have a really good left back on loan at the moment, Ryan Sellers. Not sure where he came from but it was some team in the football league. He had some good pace on him and put in a number of lovely crosses. Really the Stones should have used his attacking skills much more in the game as he could have really troubled Concord down the left hand side.

The game turned on the sending off. Iranian/Turkish player Aryan Tajbaksh who is on loan from Crawley at the moment apparantly elbowed a Concord player in the face and was duly sent off. Obviously the Stones faithful disputed that decision vigorously and the ref had to be escorted off the pitch by stewards at the end. The sending off actually made the Stones play much better but it was Concord who took the lead. The young lad Miles completely mishit a cross and it arrowed in to the net off the post. He thinks he scored the most spectacular goal of the season. But I think we all know it was a poorly executed cross.

The Stones then massively upped their game and played some really good attacking football with ten men. Whichelow found some space outside the box and then smashed one in to the top corner which the Concord keeper had no chance keeping out. It was all Wealdstone after that but they just couldn't find the breakthrough. Concord looked dangerous on the counter but couldn't convert their chances.

1-1 was a fair result. If the Stones had 11 men they probably would have edged it.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2017 16:24

Tony Le Mesmer
Top Flight No, I don't think Wealdstone can be considered a physical team. The physically strongest sides seem to be at the top end of the table. When I say physical, maybe I mean fittest sides. I guess at NLS level fitness makes more of a difference since they're all part timers.

I think their play off optimism is in part due to ground grading issues for Poole & Hungerford. They are currently in 5th/6th, so play offs could go down to 7th place. Farcical if you ask me, top 5 should be minimum for a shot at promotion, but those are the rules

Wealdstones ground doesn't come up to scratch either. They were planning to install an extra 250 seats in a rush job should it look like they can make the play offs. After dropping two more points against Concord surely the play off dream is over now and no need to bother.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 22 Mar 2017 20:39

Top Flight
Wealdstones ground doesn't come up to scratch either. They were planning to install an extra 250 seats in a rush job should it look like they can make the play offs. After dropping two more points against Concord surely the play off dream is over now and no need to bother.

.... well under normal circumstances the 9 point gap with 7 games left might rule them (Wealdstone) out but with uncertainties over gradings above them, they could just be vying with 'The Beavers' for the theoretical last PO spot. Hampton & R. currently lead 2-0 at Whitehawk by the way....
...UPDATE they won 3-1.

The report from Bulpit La re their 'new' lights suggest the grading issue is very much in the mix there - that's no mean outlay.
- I'm not sure what else Hungerford were told to put in place, to maintain their STEP02 status - would be harsh to demote them after this splendid season but 'rules are rules'.
Poole have been chucking lots of infrastructure in too, reading a report on their game on Tuesday(W2-0 v Truro) on NLM.

Farily busy Tuesday night locally:

Vanarama NATIONAL: wins for Aldershot 3-1 vs the Daggers and Woking get another vital maximum with a 3-1 win at fellow strugglers Braintree - it lifts the Cards out of the bottom 4 but they have played a game more than those below them.
Full programme in the National South with goals flying in everywhere - Ebbsfleet put eight past Bishops Stortford and Maidenhead thumped Oxford City 6-1 at York Rd - two more for Tarpey.
Eastbourne Boro also win big 7-3 vs Welling.
In the Northern section Brackley Town W2-1 at Worcester City (who currently 'share' at Bromsgrove)

In the Isthmian Premier Staines drew a blank at home to Harrow

The Combined Counties had half-a-doz league games played this midweek - on Monday Bedfont & Feltham climbed off the bottom with a 1-0 win at Gander Gn Lane over SCR - they stay 2nd bottom as Raynes Park were heavily beaten at home by 2nd placed Westfield 4-0 on Tuesday.
The other Monday night game had Abbey Rgrs and NGU share 4 goals. Back to Tuesday and Windsor went down 2-0 at Epsom & Ewell whilst another basement side Baggy Lea picked up a vital 3-1 win v Chertsey. Knaphill registered a 2-0 win over Horley.
The bottom three are running out of games to catch the pack above them - only Badshot Lea appear to have a realistic chance of hauling themselves clear of the drop - they have managed 5 wins in 7, including crucial victories over their rivals in the drop zone - they have beaten Chertsey twice this month

Three games of note affecting the top of the Hellenic Premier: - Thame won 2-1 at Tuffley and Thatcham coasted to a 4-0 win at OC Nomads.

- I was at the other one; where I saw the wheels well and truly wobble off of the Bracknell Juggernaut. They were heavily beaten 4-1 up at Ardley Utd - just off jn10 of the M40 beyond Bicester.
Were not helped by 2 RED cards 2nd half each for 'F&A' for James McClurg and Carl Davies. Ardley moved the ball around well and both 'Robins' Full-backs had a torrid evening up against big fast flank men. Cruse for the home side, was a menace all night regularly coming in off the right wing to pick off chances close in - scored two.
Chris Grace in goal for Bracknell probably hasn't had as busy a night for some time - so dominant have they been in their recent games. Last night their usually prolific forwards were seriously out of synch and mis-firing when given opportunities.

This defeat coupled with the win for Thame, leaves the Robins 5 points behind with one game in hand.
- In their final two league games Thame go to Lydney and Henley, whilst Bracknell visit Brimscomb & Thrupp and have Longlevens and Highworth due at Larges Lane.
They also have a County Cup Final @ Windsor v Binfield, whom they meet NEXT week in the Challenge Cup, as well as continued involvement in the Reading Invitation Cup and a possible MadStad Final in early May.

In the Wessex One Fleet Spurs shared six goals with New Milton

... and from tonight's much reduced programme owing to some big downpours early on - two results in the Wessex Premier:
Alresford Town 3-1 Fareham
Whitchurch Utd 3-2 Andover Town - vital three points for Jam Boys who now have a 7 point cushion back to 2nd bottom Fawley - not sure how many go down from this division - usually two I think.

... and finally the game I thought better of due to M4 nightmares yesterday PM:

Surrey Elite Intermediate League @ Stag Meadow : Virginia Water 2-0 Horsley

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Mar 2017 16:15

... tomorrow's NL fixtures

Saturday 25th March

NAT
Macclesfield Town v Aldershot Town
Woking v Maidstone United
- probably off to a game up at this 'rarified' level for us - mate has stated a preference for Solihull Moors v Barrow
- FGR's very late winner (95' pen) at home to Moors on Tuesday coupled with the Imps' surprise defeat @ Boreham Wood, sees the Nailsworth-based side leap three points clear at the top - though they have played three games more than Lincoln

NATN
Brackley Town v AFC Telford Utd
NATS
Bath City v Wealdstone
Bishops Stortford v Maidenhead United
Chelmsford City v Gosport Borough
Concord Rangers v Hemel Hempstead Town
Hampton & Richmond Borough v Ebbsfleet United
Margate v Eastbourne Borough
Oxford City v Poole Town
St Albans City v Dartford
Truro City v Whitehawk
Welling United v Hungerford Town
Weston-Super-Mare v East Thurrock United

ILP
Harrow Borough v Staines Town – quick return fixture - the clubs drew 0-0 at Wheatsheaf Pk only last Tuesday
IL1S
Ramsgate v Godalming Town

SOUTHP
Chesham United v Chippenham Town
Frome Town v Slough Town
St Ives Town v Basingstoke Town
Stratford Town v Banbury United
SOUTH1C
Aylesbury United v Egham Town - some rumblings appearing that the 'Ducks' will be moving back into Chesham for next season - not sure where that leaves the Generals' Ressies who currently play at STEP06 in S.Mids One. Presumably Thame Utd will also either offer up a place for new 'lodgers' or let Thame Rangers also members of the S.Mids - move inside to the main stadium? They currently play on one of the outside pitches - occasionally using the Stadium for midweek fixtures when available.

Beaconsfield SYCOB v Ashford Town (Mx)
Fleet Town
v Marlow
Hanwell Town v Farnborough
Histon v Aylesbury - having mathematically confirmed Petersfield's relegation with a win their last w/e; the 'Moles' can probably put a another nail in Histon's coffin below them too.
Kidlington v Northwood
Uxbridge v Chalfont St Peter
SOUTH1S&W
Bideford v North Leigh
Didcot Town v Yate Town
Salisbury v Hereford – all ticket and segregation – no pay on the day.
Wantage Town v AFC Totton
Winchester City v Barnstaple Town

CCLP
Badshot Lea v Sutton Common Rovers
Bedfont Sports v Spelthorne Sports
CB Hounslow United v Abbey Rangers
Chertsey Town v Colliers Wood United
Epsom & Ewell v Farnham Town
Guildford City v Walton & Hersham
Hartley Wintney v Horley Town
Knaphill v North Greenford United
Raynes Park Vale v Camberley Town
Westfield
v Bedfont & Feltham
Windsor v AFC Hayes
CCL1 Cup S-F
Redhill v Ash United
CCL1
AC London v Staines Lammas
Bagshot v Epsom Athletic
Balham v Dorking
Chessington & Hook United v Frimley Green
Cove
v Sheerwater
Eversley & California
v Cobham
Worcester Park v Banstead Athletic

HELLP
Ascot United v Highworth Town
Bracknell Town v Longlevens AFC
Brimscombe & Thrupp v Henley Town
Burnham v Royal Wootton Bassett
Flackwell Heath v Tuffley Rovers
Thatcham Town v Lydney Town
HELL1E
Chinnor v Sandhurst Town
Finchampstead v Wantage Town Res
Holyport v Headington Amateurs
Penn & Tylers Green v Chalfont Wasps
Wokingham & Emmbrook v Didcot Town Res
Woodley United v AFC Aldermaston - reschedule of the game abandoned @ Scours/Rivermoor due to floodlight failure in early January - I was there :|
HELL1W
Abingdon United v Clanfield 85'
Easington Sports v Letcombe
Shortwood United Res Milton United
Tytherington Rocks v Shrivenham

WESSP
AFC Portchester v Andover Town
Verwood Town v Alresford Town
Whitchurch United
v Brockenhurst
WESS1
Christchurch v Fleet Spurs
East Cowes Victoria v Pewsey Vale
New Milton Town v Alton
Romsey Town v Andover New Street
Totton & Eling v Tadley Calleva

double d

by double d » 24 Mar 2017 17:26

And FGR are playing Lincoln tomorrow!

Stretts
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stretts » 25 Mar 2017 17:56

Hereford promoted to the Southern League Premier as Champions. 8)

10520 posts