The Non - League thread

10513 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Non - League thread

by Sutekh » 27 Apr 2019 16:13

Royal Rother
Sutekh
Slough 1-1 at Truro at HT but Hungerford losing 1-0 at home to East Thurrock. If Truro win then Hungerford are relegated.

Only if Hungerford lose....?

Yes that is correct..

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Apr 2019 16:50

Hungerford now save with Slough 3-1 up.

Bracknell winning 6-0 in final minutes.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 27 Apr 2019 22:28

Sutekh Hungerford now save with Slough 3-1 up.

Bracknell winning 6-0 in final minutes.

'Crusaders' level very late on and survive - Slough concede two in injury time and the game @ Treyew Rd finishes 3-3.

'Rebels' had a very slim chance of nicking the last PO spot had they won ..... and with Dartford & Billericay losing they would have come close but Wealdstone edged past them all with a win at home to Hemel.

Indeed without checking the goal times there may even have been a point where Sluff were in 7th as Wealdstone were trailing at HT.

mx

by mx » 28 Apr 2019 10:36

Cinderford 0 - 0 Winchester City

It wasn't to be - Winch failed to win so Cinderford got the last play off spot. From the Twitter comments, it seems we were within the width of a goal post of grabbing a late winner, but the truth is it was earlier in the season, when we slumped to 15th at one point, that cost us. Great form late season though. The manager has pulled together a great squad but I'm not sure we have the resources to compete at the next level. There are a couple of good local youngsters coming through, which is good to see.

At least we have a derby with Basingstoke Town to look forward to next season!

Thanks and respect, as ever, to FoC for running this thread.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Apr 2019 10:40

Sutekh Bracknell winning 6-0 in final minutes.

An important win, as it means Bracknell are guaranteed to go up if they win the play-offs, as only three other step 4 divisions have play-off entrants with more points per game.

It's a mad system this year, which will probably see at least one play-off final played between two teams who know neither can be promoted, and others where one of the two finalists will kick off knowing it's impossible for them to go up. It could be farcical.

I'd love someone to show me where I've got it wrong, but it looks to me like Heywards Heath, Bedford Town and Sutton Coldfield Town (the last two are in the same division) will go into the play-offs knowing they can't be promoted, as none of them can possibly one of the five play-off winners with the best ppg total.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 Apr 2019 14:18

.... National League South POs re-drafted following Concord Rangers exclusion on grading (insufficient no of seats) .... you'd have thought they'd have seen that coming as it essentially did for Hungerford and Wealdstone's chances last term.

Lineups now
Qualifier Match: Wed 01/05 (KO 19:45)
Bath v Wealdstone

S-F s Sun 05/05 (15:00 KO)
Welling v Chelmsford
Woking v winners of Qualifier

Final Sun 12/05

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 28 Apr 2019 17:24

tmesis
I'd love someone to show me where I've got it wrong, but it looks to me like Heywards Heath, Bedford Town and Sutton Coldfield Town (the last two are in the same division) will go into the play-offs knowing they can't be promoted, as none of them can possibly one of the five play-off winners with the best ppg total.

Bedford Town's twitter page carries the tweet "Our preseason friendlies start here!"

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 28 Apr 2019 20:48

At level 12, an incredible 804 at the Stray Dog in Walthamstow saw Clapton Community FC beat London Samurai 3-2 in the Middlesex County League Div One C&E. A virtual decider, the Tons need a win in their last game to clinch the title. The nascent club has performed miracles in its first season: one cup trophy already with another final to come plus (hopefully) the title.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 28 Apr 2019 22:41

Ark Royal At level 12, an incredible 804 at the Stray Dog in Walthamstow saw Clapton Community FC beat London Samurai 3-2 in the Middlesex County League Div One C&E. A virtual decider, the Tons need a win in their last game to clinch the title. The nascent club has performed miracles in its first season: one cup trophy already with another final to come

...and the 'other' (Inter-league) Final they are in was postponed - very nearly Cancelled altogether - as the club could/would not guarantee the behaviour of their less-than angelic (to put it mildly) fringe of 'Ultras' - whom they 'inherited' from Clapton Town - allegedly a large group of them have banning orders from multiple grounds.

Reportedly a Middlesex League Div One Cup Final a couple of weeks back, saw flares thrown and significant damage caused to the the ground & fittings at Uxbridge :shock: - which led to the postponement of the subsequent Final (Anagram Records Trophy) - has now been scheduled for Redbridge FC on Sat May 4th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here's a round-up of yesterday's games - and a flailing attempt to try and explain the Play Off merry-go round & any known relegation/demotion moves: :P

Saturday 27th April

NAT
Maidenhead United 2-0 Chesterfield
Maidstone United 0-2 Aldershot Town
- Another (probably) unfounded rumour started up, that this time, Ebbsfleet are in difficulty (something financial leading to claims they may be voluntarily dropping down to the Isthmian) and may be demoted – this one has come from the NLM forum as something being discussed at yesterday’s Orient game.
- May have more legs than the Gateshead one as even the Sh!ts fans are aware of it.

NATN
Brackley Town 1-0 FC United of Manchester – Saints finish 3rd
NATS
Billericay Town 0-2 Bath City
Chippenham Town 0-1 Chelmsford City
Eastbourne Borough 1-2 Concord Rangers
Hungerford Town 1-1 East Thurrock United
Oxford City 2-1 Dartford
St Albans City 0-4 Torquay United
Truro City 3-3 Slough Town –'White Tigers’ come from 2 down to score 2 in stoppage time – but Hungerford’s late show would have made even a win immaterial.
Wealdstone 2-1 Hemel Hempstead Town
Welling United 4-0 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Weston-super-Mare 1-1 Dulwich Hamlet
Woking 1-2 Gloucester City – consecutive home defeats for the ‘Cards’; not a good precursor for getting through the POs

ILP
Dorking Wanderers 2-0 Haringey Borough –att 746 ‘Wanderers’ beat the side that had been their closest rivals up until about March.
Defeat for Borough on the last day saw Carshalton pinch 2nd place with a 2-1 win over Bps Stortford – who themselves had a chance of grabbing a PO spot
- Merstham (5th) and Tonbridge Angels (4th) make up the PO sides.
- PPG co-efficients don’t come into STEP03 to STEP02 POs – instead the 4 league winners are promoted with the PO winners meeting in a ‘Super Play-Off’ to decide the other 2 available places.
- The winners of this division’s additional games will face up to the equivalents from the Southern Premier South on Sat May 11th e.g. should the 2nd placed sides win through from their respective KOs - it would mean (I think) Taunton v Carshalton. I read somewhere that a draw has already been made to decide which league winner will host each of the two 'Super' Finals
- The Southern Premier Central PO winner will have to play at the ground of the equivalent winner from the Northern Premier League.

IL1-SC
Bedfont Sports 3-3 Hertford Town
Bracknell Town 6-0 Ashford Town (Middx) att 282- 5-0 at HT – incl. hat-trick for Cornell;
Cheshunt 3-0 Westfield
Egham Town
1-4 Chipstead
Hanwell Town 2-1 Chalfont St Peter
Marlow
0-4 Ware
Uxbridge 2-2 Hayes & Yeading United att 272

- Molesey relegated - joining Egham in the drop to STEP05 – most probably in the CCLP next term.

PO Semi Final Line-up
Tuesday 30th April
Bracknell Town vs Westfield
Cheshunt vs Marlow

SLP-C
Banbury United 1-2 Hitchin Town

- got to another 'new tick' in this league:
Coalville Town 0-1 St Ives - nice set-up for a club recently transferred in to the Southern League at STEP03 - but I don't think they have been at this level for that long. Ground has a nice 'new' ish feel to it - plenty of covered seating - decent bar - nice food outlet - incl. portions of Faggots!
- Town is as the name suggests a former Coal-Mining town in the semi-rural wilds of N'Leics.
M'way's behaved (it's up beyond Burton on the A42 - not far from the M1) - and the crowd wasn't ever likely to be that large that we needed to worry about parking or getting there in time for programmes.
Club Shop too - so nabbed another badge for the collection. :)
- only a couple left in this division but one of those is the relatively inaccessible Kings Lynn :| - might wait for them to be slung off to a Northern league in a subsequent FA re-structure - though s'pose i have to try and 'do them' one day........

SLP-S
Basingstoke Town 1-2 Taunton Town –att 1101 - results elsewhere – particularly wins for Hendon and Walton Casuals - contrive to send ‘stoke down to STEP04 on the final day :(
Hartley Wintney 3-1 Dorchester Town –att 288 - Hartley end up 8th
Hendon 1-0 Swindon Supermarine
Merthyr Town 1-2 Walton Casuals
Salisbury 0-6 Harrow Borough :o – att 750 witnessed a real horror show - only 0-1 at H/T an astonishing collapse 2nd half (scoreline composed of two hat-ricks for the visitors) ensures Whites will be away to Met Police in the PO Semi-Final on Wed.

Staines Town 0-7 Poole Town
Tiverton Town 1-1 Beaconsfield Town
Weymouth 3-0 Farnborough ensures 'Terras' stay above Taunton and win the league; ‘boro finish 9th
Wimborne Town 0-0 Chesham United 'General’s' end up 10th , not at all bad considering their abysmal opening couple of months to the campaign.

PO Semi Final Line-up
Wednesday 1st May
Taunton vs Poole Town
Met Police vs Salisbury

SL1-C
AFC Dunstable 0-0 Didcot Town Diddy’s faint PO chances were squashed by Sutton Coldfield’s 3-0 win vs Dunstable Town
Aylesbury United 2-2 Barton Rovers
Cambridge City 1-1 Thame United
Kidlington 1-2 Corby Town
North Leigh 3-3 Peterborough Sports
Welwyn Garden City 2-0 Aylesbury
Yaxley 3-2 Kempston Rovers
- relegated to SSML are Dunstable Town and Aylesbury FC - who were being demoted on grading issues anyway. Though I'm sure I'd read much earlier in the season, that North Leigh had already expressed a desire to drop to the Hellenic for 19/20 - they may have had a re-think but can't see how they are any better off financially, than they were at the turn of the year, when I first heard noises about their intention

PO Semi Final Line-up
Wednesday 1st May
Bromsgrove Sporting vs Sutton Coldfield
Corby Town vs Bedford Town
- Not sure I fully grasp the PPG effect but from what I am reading elsewhere about this division possibly Bedford (65 pts) and certainly S.Coldfield (62 pts) do not have the right PPG co-efficient for promotion

SL1-S
Cinderford Town 0-0 Winchester City
Highworth Town
4-2 Fleet Town att 123 – ‘Worthians’ end up 14th - Based upon the location of other relegated sides, Fleet will probably be placed in the Wessex league
Thatcham Town 0-1 Slimbridge – att 153 disappointing end vs struggling Slimbridge but Kingfishers finally settle in 11th place.

PO Semi Final Line-up
Wednesday 1st May
Cirencester Town vs Cinderford Town
Yate Town vs Moneyfields

CCLP
Balham 2-2 CB Hounslow United
Camberley Town
0-1 Raynes Park Vale
Chertsey Town 1-3 Spelthorne Sports - Champions Chertsey’s first home defeat in the league this season
- they do have a league game left, this coming Tuesday: – a reverse of the Easter Sat fixture (which they also lost) vs very near neighbours and 3rd placed Abbey Rangers – may be a bumper crowd at Alwyns La for this one too; were 183 at the first game – approx. 5 times the average gate at Abbey.
- Understandably with the season they have had, the Curfew’s home attendance has been up by 90% on 17/18 season
- I think recent slightly below par performances could well be attributed to them keeping some of their better players in ‘Cotton Wool’ in the lead up to their Wembley Final on the 19th May.

Cobham 2-2 Abbey Rangers
Hanworth Villa 6-2 Colliers Wood United
Knaphill 3-1 Badshot Lea
Redhill 2-1 Horley Town
Southall 4-1 Guildford City
Sutton Common Rovers 2-1 Banstead Athletic
Walton & Hersham 3-0 AFC Hayes

- If it is three down then Balham, AFC Hayes and Walton & Hersham possibly drop – though two sides; Egham Molesey (& possibly even Guernsey) may be coming down with perhaps only Chertsey going the other way.
- If promotion to STEP04 is convoluted what with cross-divisional PPG in play; the relegation/reprieve situation knocking on into STEP05 is beyond bewildering – will keep an eye on things and post, when I've unravelled a bit more (that’s not me unravelling I hasten to add! 8) )

CCL1
Epsom & Ewell 1-2 Farnham Town
Eversley & California
3-4 Chessington & Hook United
Kensington Borough 3-3 Bedfont & Feltham
Tooting Bec 4-1 Sandhurst Town
- I think that means Sheerwater, Frimley G and Tooting Bec are up.
- ‘Fizzers’ finish a creditable 6th – with Ash having a far better season too and managing 7th.

Hellenic Supplementary Cup Final
Thornbury Utd 2-1 Wallingford Town

HELL2E
Stokenchurch 0-8 {EIGHT} Langley - Langley level on pts with leaders Long Crendon – both sides have one game left – against each other - to be played at Oxford City’s ground this coming Thursday. Was originally scheduled for Tuesday but the Oxford Senior Cup has been plonked on that day
– presumably the Hellenic league game might well be played on the main pitch, as opposed to the ‘caged’ 3G pitch outside. Might well go if I can confirm that……
- Oddly enough in this division Penn & Tylers 'Dev' side who have finished their fixtures and are 3rd have the same number of points as first and second (74 from 28 games).
- 4th placed Thatcham 'Dev' finished 27 points behind!

Yateley Utd 0-1 Chalfont Wasps

B&B Senior Trophy
Marlow United 0-0 Old Bradwell United - OBU win 5-4 on pens

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 29 Apr 2019 01:10

Thank you for the updates this season, some truly great reads. Gutted for Basingstoke contrasted with relief from the heroics with Hungerford, well done to the boys at Bulpit Lane!!!!

One question for any of you knowledgeable non league watchers, what happened to Staines ?! Their results stand out a mile (last 5, 7-0 9-1 5-0 7-0 7-1) are they folding as a club or what is the cause of their downfall does anyone know ?! Rember going to Wheatsheaf Park to watch the u23s in a pre season a few years back to visit a new non league ground and they seemed to be set up proffesionally and looked a tidy little club.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 29 Apr 2019 11:22

Looking at the teams relegated from the National League (Aldershot, Braintree, Havent and Maidstone) and the clubs coming up from the southern league(with the exception of SLP-C who should all go north). There is going to have to be quite a shuffle of teams from NLS. Oxford City moving north I would've said was a given, plus then probably Braintree or Gloucester but it wouldn't surprise me if the FA in the infinite wisdom moved Hungerford or someone equally ridiculous north.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Apr 2019 14:18

parky Looking at the teams relegated from the National League (Aldershot, Braintree, Havent and Maidstone) and the clubs coming up from the southern league(with the exception of SLP-C who should all go north). There is going to have to be quite a shuffle of teams from NLS. Oxford City moving north I would've said was a given, plus then probably Braintree or Gloucester but it wouldn't surprise me if the FA in the infinite wisdom moved Hungerford or someone equally ridiculous north.

Gloucester are still ground sharing with Evesham aren't they or have they moved back to the Meadow (is the name of their ground in Gloucester?). If they're still in Evesham than obviously the northern section will remain a no brainer there as well.

I presume every close season there will need to be a complete review of the clubs comprising each non league step with a view to maintaining some sort of equilibrium which means those on the border lines e.g. Marlow/Bracknell/Fleet/Met Police could find themselves swapping regularly between Southern and Isthmian.

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 29 Apr 2019 14:43

One of the parents of a lad in my U7's is a die hard Sh*ts fan and mentioned yesterday that they had heard about Ebbsfleet and also another club also in difficulty who may also give them a lifeline
However much i detest them its always good to have them higher in the pyramid than dropping back down again

Four Of Clubs
Ark Royal At level 12, an incredible 804 at the Stray Dog in Walthamstow saw Clapton Community FC beat London Samurai 3-2 in the Middlesex County League Div One C&E. A virtual decider, the Tons need a win in their last game to clinch the title. The nascent club has performed miracles in its first season: one cup trophy already with another final to come

...and the 'other' (Inter-league) Final they are in was postponed - very nearly Cancelled altogether - as the club could/would not guarantee the behaviour of their less-than angelic (to put it mildly) fringe of 'Ultras' - whom they 'inherited' from Clapton Town - allegedly a large group of them have banning orders from multiple grounds.

Reportedly a Middlesex League Div One Cup Final a couple of weeks back, saw flares thrown and significant damage caused to the the ground & fittings at Uxbridge :shock: - which led to the postponement of the subsequent Final (Anagram Records Trophy) - has now been scheduled for Redbridge FC on Sat May 4th.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here's a round-up of yesterday's games - and a flailing attempt to try and explain the Play Off merry-go round & any known relegation/demotion moves: :P

Saturday 27th April

NAT
Maidenhead United 2-0 Chesterfield
Maidstone United 0-2 Aldershot Town
- Another (probably) unfounded rumour started up, that this time, Ebbsfleet are in difficulty (something financial leading to claims they may be voluntarily dropping down to the Isthmian) and may be demoted – this one has come from the NLM forum as something being discussed at yesterday’s Orient game.
- May have more legs than the Gateshead one as even the Sh!ts fans are aware of it.

NATN
Brackley Town 1-0 FC United of Manchester – Saints finish 3rd
NATS
Billericay Town 0-2 Bath City
Chippenham Town 0-1 Chelmsford City
Eastbourne Borough 1-2 Concord Rangers
Hungerford Town 1-1 East Thurrock United
Oxford City 2-1 Dartford
St Albans City 0-4 Torquay United
Truro City 3-3 Slough Town –'White Tigers’ come from 2 down to score 2 in stoppage time – but Hungerford’s late show would have made even a win immaterial.
Wealdstone 2-1 Hemel Hempstead Town
Welling United 4-0 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Weston-super-Mare 1-1 Dulwich Hamlet
Woking 1-2 Gloucester City – consecutive home defeats for the ‘Cards’; not a good precursor for getting through the POs

ILP
Dorking Wanderers 2-0 Haringey Borough –att 746 ‘Wanderers’ beat the side that had been their closest rivals up until about March.
Defeat for Borough on the last day saw Carshalton pinch 2nd place with a 2-1 win over Bps Stortford – who themselves had a chance of grabbing a PO spot
- Merstham (5th) and Tonbridge Angels (4th) make up the PO sides.
- PPG co-efficients don’t come into STEP03 to STEP02 POs – instead the 4 league winners are promoted with the PO winners meeting in a ‘Super Play-Off’ to decide the other 2 available places.
- The winners of this division’s additional games will face up to the equivalents from the Southern Premier South on Sat May 11th e.g. should the 2nd placed sides win through from their respective KOs - it would mean (I think) Taunton v Carshalton. I read somewhere that a draw has already been made to decide which league winner will host each of the two 'Super' Finals
- The Southern Premier Central PO winner will have to play at the ground of the equivalent winner from the Northern Premier League.

IL1-SC
Bedfont Sports 3-3 Hertford Town
Bracknell Town 6-0 Ashford Town (Middx) att 282- 5-0 at HT – incl. hat-trick for Cornell;
Cheshunt 3-0 Westfield
Egham Town
1-4 Chipstead
Hanwell Town 2-1 Chalfont St Peter
Marlow
0-4 Ware
Uxbridge 2-2 Hayes & Yeading United att 272

- Molesey relegated - joining Egham in the drop to STEP05 – most probably in the CCLP next term.

PO Semi Final Line-up
Tuesday 30th April
Bracknell Town vs Westfield
Cheshunt vs Marlow

SLP-C
Banbury United 1-2 Hitchin Town

- got to another 'new tick' in this league:
Coalville Town 0-1 St Ives - nice set-up for a club recently transferred in to the Southern League at STEP03 - but I don't think they have been at this level for that long. Ground has a nice 'new' ish feel to it - plenty of covered seating - decent bar - nice food outlet - incl. portions of Faggots!
- Town is as the name suggests a former Coal-Mining town in the semi-rural wilds of N'Leics.
M'way's behaved (it's up beyond Burton on the A42 - not far from the M1) - and the crowd wasn't ever likely to be that large that we needed to worry about parking or getting there in time for programmes.
Club Shop too - so nabbed another badge for the collection. :)
- only a couple left in this division but one of those is the relatively inaccessible Kings Lynn :| - might wait for them to be slung off to a Northern league in a subsequent FA re-structure - though s'pose i have to try and 'do them' one day........

SLP-S
Basingstoke Town 1-2 Taunton Town –att 1101 - results elsewhere – particularly wins for Hendon and Walton Casuals - contrive to send ‘stoke down to STEP04 on the final day :(
Hartley Wintney 3-1 Dorchester Town –att 288 - Hartley end up 8th
Hendon 1-0 Swindon Supermarine
Merthyr Town 1-2 Walton Casuals
Salisbury 0-6 Harrow Borough :o – att 750 witnessed a real horror show - only 0-1 at H/T an astonishing collapse 2nd half (scoreline composed of two hat-ricks for the visitors) ensures Whites will be away to Met Police in the PO Semi-Final on Wed.

Staines Town 0-7 Poole Town
Tiverton Town 1-1 Beaconsfield Town
Weymouth 3-0 Farnborough ensures 'Terras' stay above Taunton and win the league; ‘boro finish 9th
Wimborne Town 0-0 Chesham United 'General’s' end up 10th , not at all bad considering their abysmal opening couple of months to the campaign.

PO Semi Final Line-up
Wednesday 1st May
Taunton vs Poole Town
Met Police vs Salisbury

SL1-C
AFC Dunstable 0-0 Didcot Town Diddy’s faint PO chances were squashed by Sutton Coldfield’s 3-0 win vs Dunstable Town
Aylesbury United 2-2 Barton Rovers
Cambridge City 1-1 Thame United
Kidlington 1-2 Corby Town
North Leigh 3-3 Peterborough Sports
Welwyn Garden City 2-0 Aylesbury
Yaxley 3-2 Kempston Rovers
- relegated to SSML are Dunstable Town and Aylesbury FC - who were being demoted on grading issues anyway. Though I'm sure I'd read much earlier in the season, that North Leigh had already expressed a desire to drop to the Hellenic for 19/20 - they may have had a re-think but can't see how they are any better off financially, than they were at the turn of the year, when I first heard noises about their intention

PO Semi Final Line-up
Wednesday 1st May
Bromsgrove Sporting vs Sutton Coldfield
Corby Town vs Bedford Town
- Not sure I fully grasp the PPG effect but from what I am reading elsewhere about this division possibly Bedford (65 pts) and certainly S.Coldfield (62 pts) do not have the right PPG co-efficient for promotion

SL1-S
Cinderford Town 0-0 Winchester City
Highworth Town
4-2 Fleet Town att 123 – ‘Worthians’ end up 14th - Based upon the location of other relegated sides, Fleet will probably be placed in the Wessex league
Thatcham Town 0-1 Slimbridge – att 153 disappointing end vs struggling Slimbridge but Kingfishers finally settle in 11th place.

PO Semi Final Line-up
Wednesday 1st May
Cirencester Town vs Cinderford Town
Yate Town vs Moneyfields

CCLP
Balham 2-2 CB Hounslow United
Camberley Town
0-1 Raynes Park Vale
Chertsey Town 1-3 Spelthorne Sports - Champions Chertsey’s first home defeat in the league this season
- they do have a league game left, this coming Tuesday: – a reverse of the Easter Sat fixture (which they also lost) vs very near neighbours and 3rd placed Abbey Rangers – may be a bumper crowd at Alwyns La for this one too; were 183 at the first game – approx. 5 times the average gate at Abbey.
- Understandably with the season they have had, the Curfew’s home attendance has been up by 90% on 17/18 season
- I think recent slightly below par performances could well be attributed to them keeping some of their better players in ‘Cotton Wool’ in the lead up to their Wembley Final on the 19th May.

Cobham 2-2 Abbey Rangers
Hanworth Villa 6-2 Colliers Wood United
Knaphill 3-1 Badshot Lea
Redhill 2-1 Horley Town
Southall 4-1 Guildford City
Sutton Common Rovers 2-1 Banstead Athletic
Walton & Hersham 3-0 AFC Hayes

- If it is three down then Balham, AFC Hayes and Walton & Hersham possibly drop – though two sides; Egham Molesey (& possibly even Guernsey) may be coming down with perhaps only Chertsey going the other way.
- If promotion to STEP04 is convoluted what with cross-divisional PPG in play; the relegation/reprieve situation knocking on into STEP05 is beyond bewildering – will keep an eye on things and post, when I've unravelled a bit more (that’s not me unravelling I hasten to add! 8) )

CCL1
Epsom & Ewell 1-2 Farnham Town
Eversley & California
3-4 Chessington & Hook United
Kensington Borough 3-3 Bedfont & Feltham
Tooting Bec 4-1 Sandhurst Town
- I think that means Sheerwater, Frimley G and Tooting Bec are up.
- ‘Fizzers’ finish a creditable 6th – with Ash having a far better season too and managing 7th.

Hellenic Supplementary Cup Final
Thornbury Utd 2-1 Wallingford Town

HELL2E
Stokenchurch 0-8 {EIGHT} Langley - Langley level on pts with leaders Long Crendon – both sides have one game left – against each other - to be played at Oxford City’s ground this coming Thursday. Was originally scheduled for Tuesday but the Oxford Senior Cup has been plonked on that day
– presumably the Hellenic league game might well be played on the main pitch, as opposed to the ‘caged’ 3G pitch outside. Might well go if I can confirm that……
- Oddly enough in this division Penn & Tylers 'Dev' side who have finished their fixtures and are 3rd have the same number of points as first and second (74 from 28 games).
- 4th placed Thatcham 'Dev' finished 27 points behind!

Yateley Utd 0-1 Chalfont Wasps

B&B Senior Trophy
Marlow United 0-0 Old Bradwell United - OBU win 5-4 on pens

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Apr 2019 16:40

The Cube

by The Cube » 29 Apr 2019 22:16

Sutekh I presume every close season there will need to be a complete review of the clubs comprising each non league step with a view to maintaining some sort of equilibrium which means those on the border lines e.g. Marlow/Bracknell/Fleet/Met Police could find themselves swapping regularly between Southern and Isthmian.

Not sure if it's still in place, but there used to be a rule saying that a club couldn't be forcibly moved for geographical reasons more often than once every three years. That gave the border clubs a chance of some stability if they wanted it.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 30 Apr 2019 23:46

Bostik Isthmian One South Central PO Semi-Finals were played tonight (Tue)

Bracknell Town 2-1 Westfield att 564
- was at this. Robins just about edged the game - visiting Keeper (& skipper) made some outstanding stops to keep his side in it. First half goals for Ferdinand and Cornell saw the hosts lead 2-0 at the break.
A few nervy moments down the other end 2nd half as Westfield opened up and showed why they were serious contenders for promotion. The back five for Bracknell were resolute however - it got very tense late on - especially when 'Field grabbed a goal back on 79' but they held out and progress to face the winners of the other S-F back @ Larges La on Sat 4th May PM

Cheshunt 2-1 Marlow

... probably on the TB by now .... but May B/H Final of Berks & Bucks Senior Cup featuring Royals U23s vs tba will now be played at Larges Lane.
Presumably they thought they had to switch it from Slough's Arbour Park, pending Marlow's appeal against expulsion. They could hardly re-instate the 'Blues' then hold the Final at the venue of the side excluded on 2nd appeal? :twisted:

- pitch @ Larges La getting plenty of use - the Ascot Fielden Cup Final is being hosted there tomorrow night (Wed 1st) Britwell v FC Beaconsfield - not found a confirmed KO time yet - I think it is 18:30

Might be attempting another PO S-F tomorrow night in the Southern One South Ciren T v Cinderford @ the Corinium

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 01 May 2019 07:01

For someone who likes to stand, Larges Lane is a horrible ground to watch football at. I’d far rather go to Raynes Park Vale or Colliers Wood than that shiny plastic dump.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 May 2019 09:31

Royal Rother For someone who likes to stand, Larges Lane is a horrible ground to watch football at. I’d far rather go to Raynes Park Vale or Colliers Wood than that shiny plastic dump.

Bit of rise Bracknell could be on here. Now 1 win away from step 3 football for the fist time in 20 years or so. Only 4(?) years ago they were at Step 6. IF they do make it up then it's going to be very interesting to see how they hold up and whether they will have the finances for a squad that would be comfortable at that level.

Perhaps the biggest footballing success story in Berkshire this season?

By the way, nice to see BBC Berks totally blank all football below the national league South unless there's someone in the final stages of a national cup run. You'd think the likes of step 3/4 clubs (at the very least) in their area (e.g. Bracknell, Hartley Wintney, etc.) would be worth at least a mention now and again given the recent success at both clubs. Presume they're no different from most other local radio stations though.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 May 2019 09:35

Royal Rother For someone who likes to stand, Larges Lane is a horrible ground to watch football at. I’d far rather go to Raynes Park Vale or Colliers Wood than that shiny plastic dump.

Complete nonsense. One of the best places to watch football in Berkshire. Blatant trolling.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 May 2019 09:41

Sutekh

Bit of rise Bracknell could be on here. Now 1 win away from step 3 football for the fist time in 20 years or so. Only 4(?) years ago they were at Step 6. IF they do make it up then it's going to be very interesting to see how they hold up and whether they will have the finances for a squad that would be comfortable at that level.

Perhaps the biggest footballing success story in Berkshire this season?

By the way, nice to see BBC Berks totally blank all football below the national league South unless there's someone in the final stages of a national cup run. You'd think the likes of step 3/4 clubs (at the very least) in their area (e.g. Bracknell, Hartley Wintney, etc.) would be worth at least a mention now and again given the recent success at both clubs. Presume they're no different from most other local radio stations though.

The money is there for a push again next season. I do like the current bunch of players but they could do with a few younger, fitter bodies in the starting 11, especially in defence. The real key to success is if the club can find a new permanent home somewhere, Larges Lane just can't cope with the traffic and amount of games that are held at the ground, residents hate it. Club need to find somewhere that can house a club of their increasing size and sell off Larges Lane, got to be worth around £6m.

10513 posts