The Non - League thread

10517 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The Non - League thread

by paultheroyal » 19 Nov 2021 09:53

FOC - anything happened to the Bristol Manor Farm incident yet? Has there been a hearing?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Nov 2021 13:49

paultheroyal
Four Of Clubs Thought this recent statement (issued on the Mon 15th Nov Bulletin) from the Combined Counties League about measures to overcome the current shortage of officials warranted an audience:

MATCH OFFICIALS

You will probably be aware that there is a severe match official shortage throughout the country at Steps 5 and 6 and seems to be getting worse.

There are myriad reasons and even the recent promotions of a number of referees to Level 4 has not helped as they are being immediately gobbled up by the FA for other competitions

It is, therefore, sad to report that matches in Division One may well not have even one assistant at times let alone two. When this happens home clubs must find one person to step in and if there are no assistants, then one person from each club is needed. If requested, such persons are entitled to the full fee.

One possibility is that we put on more midweek matches for a while but this needs to be agreed by clubs if they have previously been scheduled for a Saturday. Can any Division One clubs, therefore, who would be willing to change some Saturday matches (i.e.lower mileage games) to midweek: i.e. less than 20 miles between the clubs concerned) please let me know. This is far from ideal but should guarantee that you will have three officials as there is obviously less demand in midweek.
UPDATE: So far just two clubs have come forward to support this idea

One of the reasons advanced by the FA is that some officials are giving up due to the levels of abuse they are receiving, especially the younger ones. Please do whatever you can to make officials welcome and ensure that their visit to your ground is an enjoyable one as much as possible.

I am glad its getting highlighted.

Thing is - why dont people get this. Abuse referee's you lose referee's and less take it up, its a simple fact now. We have reached crisis point.

So what has happened?

"poor refs" are being promoted from the very lower leagues to the semi pro ranks. These refs are then having to move up to the higher level, and National Refs are filling into the football league. Get it now? Hence why i have been banging on for months that its at a tipping point, and where fans moan about quality, you aint seen nothing yet!!!

Something has to be done, and done now. It really is bad. Last year in Basingstoke alone, there were 57 referees. Meeting i was at this week there are 27 signed on. Crisis what crisis!! This is happening up and down the country.

Perhaps the authorities should help a bit by scrapping the retirement age of 47 for officials, after all if those officials still want to continue and are passing the necessary medical tests what’s the problem with letting them go on? At least this would help slow down the “take” of younger officials “before their time” from the lower levels.

Also why don’t more ex-players want to take up the role, esp. as their experience playing should allow them to be fast-tracked into the more senior leagues to start.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Nov 2021 14:10

Sutekh
paultheroyal
Four Of Clubs Thought this recent statement (issued on the Mon 15th Nov Bulletin) from the Combined Counties League about measures to overcome the current shortage of officials warranted an audience:

Thing is - why dont people get this. Abuse referee's you lose referee's and less take it up, its a simple fact now. We have reached crisis point.

So what has happened?

"poor refs" are being promoted from the very lower leagues to the semi pro ranks. These refs are then having to move up to the higher level, and National Refs are filling into the football league. Get it now? Hence why i have been banging on for months that its at a tipping point, and where fans moan about quality, you aint seen nothing yet!!!

Something has to be done, and done now. It really is bad. Last year in Basingstoke alone, there were 57 referees. Meeting i was at this week there are 27 signed on. Crisis what crisis!! This is happening up and down the country.

Perhaps the authorities should help a bit by scrapping the retirement age of 47 for officials, after all if those officials still want to continue and are passing the necessary medical tests what’s the problem with letting them go on? At least this would help slow down the “take” of younger officials “before their time” from the lower levels.

Also why don’t more ex-players want to take up the role, esp. as their experience playing should allow them to be fast-tracked into the more senior leagues to start.

Ex players - why would they? They know the level of abuse they get? Also they would not be patient with the system in place to take up the trade. Even if you were fast tracked it would take you 4 to 5 seasons to get close to the National League and beyond.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 19 Nov 2021 14:12

Sutekh
paultheroyal

So what has happened?

PS - i dont think there is a retirement age anymore. FIFA level yes, but not Premier League. I am certain that Mike Dean for instance is 53!!!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 19 Nov 2021 18:59

Is ‘football’ (at any level) not subject to ageism laws?

(Think I already know the answer to that.....the ‘game’ is above all of that stuff)

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Nov 2021 22:56

Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers Reading City are through to the 2nd round of the FA Youth cup ( beat Gosport 1-0 at Scours lane on Wednesday)and will meet Oxford Utd at home- ties to be played on or before November 20th.

Arranged for Friday November 19th KO 7.45pm- could get a decent crowd in.

I am going tomorrow and hopefully should be a cracker.

Reading City 2 Oxford Utd 3- i had a result as RFC season ticket holders get in free. Big crowd in and City tried hard but just beaten by a stronger and fitter Oxford side.
Attendance 622

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 21 Nov 2021 13:19

NL Results Sat 20th November

FA Vase 2nd Round proper

26 Mulbarton Wanderers 1-2 London Lions
27 Shefford Town & Campton 1-1 Risborough Rangers att 292 5-4p SSML Premier leaders shocked by a Div One side
28 Cockfosters 0-4 Tring Athletic
29 Saffron Walden Town 5-1 Cornard United
30 Fakenham Town 1-1 Stansted 4-2p
32 New Salamis 2-0 Ipswich Wanderers
33 Norwich C.B.S. 0-3 Lakenheath
34 Newport Pagnell Town 1-1 Leighton Town att 526 2-1p
35 Gorleston 2-3 Buckhurst Hill
36 Wroxham 1-1 Newmarket Town 6-5p
37 Glebe 1-1 Hanworth Villa 5-3p
38 Deal Town 1-2 Littlehampton Town att 407
39 Crawley Down Gatwick 3-0 British Airways
40 Flackwell Heath 0-1 Guildford City
41 Raynes Park Vale 6-2 Blackfield & Langley
42 Fareham Town 3-5 Abbey Rangers
43 Milton United 2-3 Beckenham Town
44 Cobham 0-3 Egham Town
45 Frimley Green 5-1 United Services Portsmouth
47 Tunbridge Wells 1-0 Walton & Hersham att 329
48 Southall 2-2 Chatham Town 3-1p
49 Wallingford Town 1-0 North Greenford United att 329
50 Harefield United 2-3 Berks County
51 Sheerwater 2-3 Sheppey United
52 Athletic Newham 5-3 Pagham
53 Wellington A.F.C. 5-2 Christchurch
54 Buckland Athletic 3-1 Falmouth Town
55 Wendron United 3-6 New Milton Town
56 Andover New Street 1-2 Hamworthy United
57 Liskeard Athletic 2-3 Keynsham Town
58 Royal Wootton Bassett Town 2-0 Torpoint Athletic att 293
59 [Fri] Brixham 1-5 Tavistock
60 Bemerton Heath Harlequins 1-4 Clevedon Town
61 Bashley 2-2 Shaftesbury 6-5p
62 Street 1-1 Oldland Abbotonians 5-4p
63 Bridgwater United 1-0 Mousehole
64 Brockenhurst 4-1 Brimscombe & Thrupp

[SUN 15:00]
31 Baldock Town v Hadley
46 Stansfeld v Badshot Lea

NAT
Boreham Wood 4-0 Maidenhead United
Eastleigh 2-0 Notts County
Woking 1-2 Stockport County
NATN
Brackley Town 0-0 Curzon Ashton 466 – witness stalemate at St James’s
NATS
Bath City 2-1 Concord Rangers
Billericay Town 0-1 Hampton & Richmond Borough
Braintree Town 0-2 Havant & Waterlooville
Eastbourne Borough 3-1 Slough Town
Ebbsfleet United 6-0 Welling United
Hemel Hempstead Town 2-3 Dartford
Maidstone United 1-0 Chippenham Town
Oxford City 2-0 Dulwich Hamlet City up to 3rd
St Albans City 1-3 Hungerford Town Seager, Evans and Smith on target for ‘Crusaders’
– and on the memorabilia/lucky token news slant referred to elsewhere - visiting side presented a new Inter Milan Towel to the injured home keeper.
- plus a bit on the StAlebuns website about our CBC joining them as a result...

https://www.stalbanscityfc.com/goalkeeper-in-on-loan/

Tonbridge Angels 1-1 Chelmsford City

SLP-C
Banbury United 3-0 Lowestoft Town ’Puritans’ stay 3rd due to big wins for leaders Coalville (4-1) and 2nd place Peterboro Sports (7-2 at St Ives)
SLP-S
Farnborough 2-1 Salisbury
Kings Langley 0-1 Truro City
Poole Town 0-0 Chesham United
Swindon Supermarine 1-4 Yate Town
Tiverton Town 0-0 Hayes & Yeading United only the 2nd game HandY have dropped points in – were down to 10 men for most of the 2nd period
- leaves ‘boro 8 pts clear but the leaders have played 5 games more

Walton Casuals 4-3 Hartley Wintney Hartley 4 down inside the first half - got one back before H/T and added goals by Mitch Parker and Jordan Edwards but no more
Wimborne Town 1-3 Beaconsfield Town
SL1-C
Barton Rovers 3-1 Wantage Town
Didcot Town
3-3 Aylesbury United att 202 – ‘Ducks’ level on 89’ having been 2 up inside the first 10 – Diddy were ahead by 70’
Kempston Rovers 1-1 North Leigh
Kidlington 2-2 Ware
Thame United 3-0 Welwyn Garden City
SL1-S
Bideford 1-2 Winchester City
Highworth Town 1-0 Frome Town – att 242 ‘Worthians’ spoil league leaders unbeaten record

- something went seriously amiss with the SL results service yesterday - lots of scores may still be wrong on main official sources (e.g. showing Bideford beating Winch & Barnstaple getting their first point at Lymington – it was 3-2 to Lymington not 0-0) so apologies if I’ve not managed to correct all of them….

ILP
Leatherhead 1-3 Horsham
IL1-SC
Bedfont Sports 4-0 Staines Town
Bracknell Town
4-0 Ashford Town (Middx) att 489 - goals from Tarpey, Eweka (2) & Bowerman – ‘Robins’ stay 5 pts clear of Uxbridge
Hanwell Town 0-1 Chertsey Town 'Curfews' stay unbeaten in the league
South Park 4-0 Chalfont St Peter
Sutton Common Rovers 1-5 Basingstoke Town Bradley Wilson hat-trick plus goals from Rodgers and Snell
Thatcham Town 1-1 Westfield
Tooting & Mitcham United 1-2 Marlow
Uxbridge 3-2 Guernsey
- ‘Moles’ (Binfield) not in action drop to 8th – host Thatcham on Tuesday night

CCL-PN
Ascot United 3-1 St Panteleimon
Burnham 4-1 Virginia Water
CB Hounslow United
0-0 Wembley
Reading City 2-3 Wokingham & Emmbrook
Tadley Calleva
3-0 Holyport
Windsor
3-1 Spelthorne Sports Goals from Horscroft, Hoar and Stewart – 1-1 at HT – hosts up to 6th
CCL-PS
Banstead Athletic 0-3 Jersey Bulls
Camberley Town 2-0 Balham
Colliers Wood United 1-4 Horley Town
Farnham Town 3-1 Fleet Town
Molesey 3-2 AFC Croydon Athletic
Redhill 1-1 Knaphill
CCL-1
AFC Hayes {EIGHT} 8-0 Bagshot
Bedfont & Feltham
0-1 Kensington & Ealing Borough
Cove 2-5 London Samurai Rovers
Enfield Borough 3-3 FC Deportivo Galicia
Hillingdon Borough 3-4 Woodley United rare win for United – still 2nd bottom (above Bagshot) but only on GD from Langley and a point behind Cove
Langley 0-1 Sandhurst Town
Rayners Lane 2-2 Eversley & California

HELLP
Hereford Lads Club 1-2 Shrivenham
HELL-1
Abingdon United 4-2 Littleton Ab Utd finally gaining some momentum now - that’s two wins on the bounce and this one over mid-table Littleton (village between Evesham and Stratford) lifts them above Ciren ‘Dev’, a point behind Bourton & with 2 games in hand.

SSM-P
Crawley Green 1-2 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Holmer Green
1-2 Milton Keynes Irish
SSM-1
Amersham Town 0-5 Ampthill Town
Langford 0-4 Long Crendon

WESS-P
Bournemouth 0-1 Alton
Hythe & Dibden 0-3 Alresford Town
WESS-1
Andover Town 3-0 Ash United
Fleet Spurs
4-1 Millbrook – good win for bottom-placed Spurs- thought they looked half-decent when I saw them in the week – though Fawley also won just above them – they do have a couple of games in hand. They have a trip to the ‘Jam Boys’ (Whitchurch) this midweek.
Petersfield Town 0-2 Fawley AFC
Whitchurch United 0-3 Verwood Town

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Nov 2021 17:18

Four Of Clubs NL Results Sat 20th November
Hanwell Town 0-1 Chertsey Town 'Curfews' stay unbeaten in the league

Only on a technicality currently as Bracknell were 3-0 up at Chertsey with 8 mins left before Chertsey started a fight amongst themselves. Logical assumption is that the Isthmian League will let the result stand eventually …but then this is the world of non-league so who knows.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 21 Nov 2021 18:09

Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers
Royals and Racers Arranged for Friday November 19th KO 7.45pm- could get a decent crowd in.

I am going tomorrow and hopefully should be a cracker.

Reading City 2 Oxford Utd 3- i had a result as RFC season ticket holders get in free. Big crowd in and City tried hard but just beaten by a stronger and fitter Oxford side.
Attendance 622
wow, that’s got be the biggest attendance there since AFC Wimbledon came to (Reading) town?....although have attended some Sunday League ‘finals’ that have attracted a good few hundred tbf.

Any idea of the Scours Lane crowd size yesterday?

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 22 Nov 2021 18:24

AthleticoSpizz
Royals and Racers
Reading City 2 Oxford Utd 3-
Attendance 622
wow, that’s got be the biggest attendance there since AFC Wimbledon came to (Reading) town?....although have attended some Sunday League ‘finals’ that have attracted a good few hundred tbf.

Any idea of the Scours Lane crowd size yesterday?

...not shown up on any of the multiple CCL sites, official or t'otherwise yet
- the CCL is often a bit tardy by comparison with other sub-STEP04 leagues, in publishing any of it's attendance figures - I didn't see any NLM reports from the game either - so will have to wait until someone gets round to logging them.

...their weekly Bulletin has become a bit sporadic too, which until this season was the failsafe for those keen on crowd sizes and late fixture or venue changes
- I haven't found where it gets posted officially now - certainly not regularly on the Pitchero league's website: Issue no 11 came out early in October but the next one didn't appear publicly until this week and was titled no 17 ! :|

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday's Vase ties saw Badshot Lea lose 2-1 at Stansfeld and Hadley win on pens at Baldock.

Draw for the next round (3rd) made - ties due to be played w/e Sat 11th Dec:

1 A.F.C. Liverpool v Pilkington
2 Abbey Hey v Bury A.F.C.
3 Newcastle Benfield v Consett
4 Barton Town v North Shields
5 Wythenshawe Town v Billingham Synthonia
6 Stourport Swifts v Rugby Town
7 Loughborough University v Sandbach United
8 Atherstone Town v Whitchurch Alport
9 Coventry Sphinx v Coventry United
10 Prestwich Heys v Harborough Town
11 Lichfield City v Congleton Town
12 Walsall Wood v Anstey Nomads
13 Whittlesey Athletic v Newport Pagnell Town
14 Tring Athletic v Saffron Walden Town
15 London Lions v New Salamis
16 Buckhurst Hill v Wroxham
17 Lakenheath v Shefford Town & Campton
18 Fakenham Town v Hadley
19 Tunbridge Wells v Wallingford Town
20 Glebe v Beckenham Town
21 Abbey Rangers v Athletic Newham
22 Stansfeld v Frimley Green
23 Berks County v Egham Town
24 Crawley Down Gatwick v Raynes Park Vale
25 Littlehampton Town v Sheppey United
26 Guildford City v Southall
27 New Milton Town v Keynsham Town
28 Bridgwater United v Bashley
29 Street v Brockenhurst
30 Buckland Athletic v Wellington A.F.C.
31 Royal Wootton Bassett Town v Hamworthy United
32 Tavistock v Clevedon Town

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Nov 2021 18:35

Thanks for looking FoC....certain matches always raises the interest as to the attendant ‘interest’

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 23 Nov 2021 12:19

Southend v Maidenhead postponed tonight- Covid in the Magpies squad.(new date December 7th.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 24 Nov 2021 00:07

AthleticoSpizz Thanks for looking FoC....certain matches always raises the interest as to the attendant ‘interest’

...and as seems to be the norm for Scours Lane/Rivermoor even though the attendances have now filtered thru for this w/e's games in the CCL, the CIty v Sumas gate is one of the few still not showing a figure.

I'm sure it may appear eventually, as clubs have to provide a crowd size in their match submissions to the League - just seems certain clubs take forever to do it .... City are one who habitually lag way behind the rest....

.... Not checked all the NL results from tonight (Tue) yet but I do know in the National League, the Sh!ts got a much needed win 1-0 over Torquay and Woking won 3-2 at Weymuff.

In the Isthmian South Central Binfield shared the points with Thatcham 2-2, - 'Moles' twice coming from behind - whilst Chertsey maintained their (technically 8) ) unbeaten record with a 2-1 win at T&M.

In the CCL Cup both Ascot & Windsor bowed out: Ascot 3-5 @ AFC Croydon, Windsor (at Hillingdon) v Hilltop on pens.

will try and do a fullr round-up of the remaining league games tomorrow(Wed)....

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 26 Nov 2021 18:16

.... NL programme for tomorrow but currently lots of nasty wet-stuff expected so there may be a few call-offs tomorrow - will try and keep up as best I can with announcements as I see them thru the morning.

Fixtures Sat 27th November

FA Trophy 2nd Round
14 Gloucester City v Kettering Town
15 Needham Market v Welwyn Garden City
16 Hereford v Kidderminster Harriers
17 Bishop's Stortford v Leiston
18 Leamington v Alfreton Town
19 Braintree Town v Potters Bar Town
20 Chelmsford City v Cheshunt
21 Oxford City v St. Albans City
22 Felixstowe & Walton United v A.F.C. Telford United
23 Brackley Town v Boston United
24 Hemel Hempstead Town v Stourbridge
25 Hungerford Town v Welling United
26 Cray Wanderers v Ebbsfleet United
27 Hanwell Town v Enfield Town
28 Slough Town v Havant & Waterlooville
29 Binfield v Truro City - includes a pop-up bar being provided by Siren Craft brewery

https://binfieldfc.com/club-news/football-news/3448/fa-trophy-pop-up-siren-craft-brew-bar-for-truro-city-tie/

30 Bath City v Dartford
31 Concord Rangers v A.F.C. Totton
32 [Sun] Kingstonian v Farnborough
33 Plymouth Parkway v Hampton & Richmond Borough
34 Canvey Island v Tonbridge Angels
35 Eastbourne Borough v Tiverton Town
36 Brentwood Town v Dulwich Hamlet
37 Chippenham Town v Uxbridge
38 Maidstone United v Billericay Town
39 Wimborne Town v Larkhall Athletic
40 Worthing v Dorking Wanderers
41 Hartley Wintney v Folkestone Invicta

League
NAT
Eastleigh PP Solihull Moors
King's Lynn Town v Aldershot Town
Wealdstone v Stockport County
Woking v Barnet

SLP-C
Banbury United v Royston Town
SLP-S
Beaconsfield Town v Chesham United
Gosport Borough v Swindon Supermarine
Hendon v Walton Casuals
Kings Langley v Hayes & Yeading United
SL1-C
Colney Heath v Kidlington
Didcot Town
v Bedford Town
Waltham Abbey v Thame United
Wantage Town
v Hertford Town
SL1-S
Melksham Town v Highworth Town
14:00 Winchester City v Cirencester Town - Winch having issues with their power supply hence the earlier start - reschedueld game that was called off earlier this week

IL-P
Carshalton Athletic v Leatherhead
Corinthian-Casuals v Brightlingsea Regent
IL1-SC
Bedfont Sports v Basingstoke Town
Chalfont St Peter
v Bracknell Town
Guernsey v Chertsey Town
Northwood v Ashford Town (Middx)
Staines Town
v Sutton Common Rovers
Thatcham Town v Chipstead

CCL-PN
Abbey Rangers v Hanworth Villa
Burnham v Tadley Calleva
CB Hounslow United v Ascot United
North Greenford United v Spelthorne Sports
Southall v Virginia Water
St. Panteleimon v Edgware Town
Wembley v Reading City
Windsor
v Egham Town
Wokingham & Emmbrook
v Holyport
CCL-PS
AFC Croydon Athletic v Banstead Athletic
Badshot Lea v Redhill
Beckenham Town v Colliers Wood United
Frimley Green v Balham
16:00 Jersey Bulls PP Molesey - visitors flight cancelled
Knaphill v Guildford City
14:00 Raynes Park Vale v Sheerwater
Walton & Hersham v Farnham Town
CCL-1
Bagshot v Hillingdon Borough
Bedfont & Feltham v London Lions
Hilltop PP FC Deportivo Galicia
Kensington & Ealing Borough v Eversley & California
London Samurai Rovers v AFC Aldermaston
Rayners Lane v Berks County
Sandhurst Town
v British Airways
Wallingford Town v Cove
Woodley United
v AFC Hayes

HELL-P
Corsham Town v Royal Wootton Bassett Town
Shrivenham
v Malvern Town
HELL-1
Abingdon United v Moreton Rangers

SSM-P
Flackwell Heath v New Salamis
Holmer Green v Broadfields United
Oxhey Jets v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Risborough Rangers v London Colney
SSM-1
Burton Park Wanderers v Long Crendon
Kidlington Reserves v Shefford Town & Campton
Penn & Tylers Green v Bedford
Thame United Reserves v Letchworth Garden City Eagles
Winslow United v Amersham Town

WESS-P
Alton v Baffins Milton Rovers
Cowes Sports PP Alresford Town - ferry issues?
WESS-1
14:00 Ash United v Folland Sports
Andover Town v Petersfield Town
Romsey Town v Fleet Spurs
Verwood Town v Andover New Street
Whitchurch United
PP Downton - failed pitch inspection

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 27 Nov 2021 18:46

...since me and my mate wimped out of going anywhere in that gale - he didn't fancy a shorter trip and I opted to sofa it too - here's an earlier round-up than usual.....

Results Sat 27th November

FA Trophy 2nd Round
14 Gloucester City 3-0 Kettering Town
15 Needham Market 3-1 Welwyn Garden City
16 Hereford 1-1 Kidderminster Harriers 3-5p
17 Bishop's Stortford 5-1 Leiston
18 Leamington 0-3 Alfreton Town
19 Braintree Town 3-1 Potters Bar Town
20 Chelmsford City 1-2 Cheshunt
21 Oxford City 1-4 St. Albans City
22 Felixstowe & Walton United 0-4 A.F.C. Telford United
23 Brackley Town 1-2 Boston United
24 Hemel Hempstead Town 1-1 Stourbridge 5-6p
25 Hungerford Town 3-2 Welling United att 210 - ’Crusaders’ progess with goals from Seager 45’+2 a minute after Wings took the lead, Seager then missed a pen 2’ after Welling re-took the lead. Hosts win the tie through late goals from Tyler 85’ and Smith 79’

26 Cray Wanderers 2-2 Ebbsfleet United 5-3p
27 Hanwell Town 0-2 Enfield Town
28 Slough Town 1-0 Havant & Waterlooville
29 Binfield 2-3 Truro City att 151 - 'Moles' Twitter a/c a tad confusing - may have missed a very late pen
30 Bath City 0-0 Dartford3-5p
31 Concord Rangers 0-5 A.F.C. Totton
32 [Sun] Kingstonian v Farnborough
33 Plymouth Parkway 1-0 Hampton & Richmond Borough
34 Canvey Island 0-1 Tonbridge Angels
35 Eastbourne Borough 2-1 Tiverton Town
36 Brentwood Town 1-2 Dulwich Hamlet
37 Chippenham Town 0-1 Uxbridge
38 Maidstone United 1-1 Billericay Town 6-5p
39 Wimborne Town 1-2 Larkhall Athletic
40 Worthing 0-2 Dorking Wanderers
41 Hartley Wintney 0-2 Folkestone Invicta

League
NAT
King's Lynn Town 0-1 Aldershot Town – three successive wins for the Sh!ts
Wealdstone 1-4 Stockport County
Woking 1-2 Barnet

SLP-C
Banbury United 2-0 Royston Town
SLP-S
Beaconsfield Town 2-2 Chesham United
Gosport Borough 1-3 Swindon Supermarine
Hendon 3-1 Walton Casuals
Kings Langley 2-1 Hayes & Yeading UnitedHandY’s first league defeat
SL1-C
Colney Heath 2-3 Kidlington hat-trick for Ryan Knight including 2 in 2’ in the 2nd half to turn the game around and leave CH bottom
Didcot Town 0-3 Bedford Town
Waltham Abbey 0-3 Thame United 2 for Blake, one for Tompkins - all in the 2nd half
Wantage Town 3-3 Hertford Town point probably no good for either side but at least it keeps the’ Freds’ in touch with their fellow strugglers. Wantage led early 2nd half 3-1, but Hertford scored on 82’ and 90’+2
SL1-S
Melksham Town 2-0 Highworth Town
Winchester City
1-3 Cirencester Town

IL-P
Carshalton Athletic 3-3 Leatherhead
Corinthian-Casuals 0-0 Brightlingsea Regent
IL1-SC
Bedfont Sports 1-4 Basingstoke Town Wilson (2)Cook and Rodgers for ‘stoke draw level with Uxbridge in 2nd– with Chertsey making up ground just behind them
Chalfont St Peter 0-2 Bracknell Town Culley and Tarpey on target for ‘Robins’ who stay 8 pts clear
Guernsey 0-1 Chertsey Town att 548
Northwood 0-3 Ashford Town (Middx)
Staines Town
0-2 Sutton Common Rovers
Thatcham Town 1-1 Chipstead

CCL-PN
Abbey Rangers 1-3 Hanworth Villa
Burnham 5-4 Tadley Calleva
CB Hounslow United 0-3 Ascot United
North Greenford United 5-2 Spelthorne Sports
Southall 4-0 Virginia Water
St. Panteleimon 1-1 Edgware Town
Wembley 2-2 Reading City
Windsor
0-3 Egham Town
Wokingham & Emmbrook
0-2 Holyport welcome win for ‘port who are still 3 pts adrift at the foot
CCL-PS
AFC Croydon Athletic 2-1 Banstead Athletic
Badshot Lea 2-2 Redhill
Beckenham Town 4-0 Colliers Wood United
Frimley Green 1-2 Balham
Knaphill 2-3 Guildford City
Raynes Park Vale 4-1 Sheerwater
Walton & Hersham 2-1 Farnham Town
CCL-1
Bagshot v Hillingdon Borough
Bedfont & Feltham 1-2 London Lions
Eversley & California 5-0 Chalvey Sports
London Samurai Rovers 3-4 AFC Aldermaston
Rayners Lane 4-2 Berks County
Sandhurst Town
3-1 British Airways
Wallingford Town 3-2 Cove
Woodley United
1-5 AFC Hayes

HELL-P
Corsham Town 3-0 Royal Wootton Bassett Town
Shrivenham
1-7 {SEVEN} Malvern Town

SSM-P
Flackwell Heath 1-2 New Salamis
Holmer Green 2-4 Broadfields United
Oxhey Jets 4-5 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
Risborough Rangers PP London Colney -failed late AM Pitch Inspection
SSM-1
Burton Park Wanderers 1-5 Long Crendon LC 5 wins in a row F22 A2 - up to 5th
Penn & Tylers Green 4-4 Bedford
Thame United Reserves 1-1 Letchworth Garden City Eagles
Winslow United 4-1 Amersham Town

WESS-P
Alton 1-2 Baffins Milton Rovers
- at the foot of the table bottom and only 1 pt this AM, Hythe & Dibden travelled to 2nd bottom Amesbury (on 4pts) and came away with an {EIGHT} 8-0 win …..but they stay bottom on GD – theirs is -81 from 23 played Amesbury’s is -64 from 19 !

WESS-1
Ash United 0-3 Folland Sports
Andover Town 3-2 Petersfield Town
Romsey Town 3-0 Fleet Spurs
Verwood Town 2-3 Andover New Street

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 28 Nov 2021 16:20

Had to chuckle at this bit of non league news.

15 minutes into the FA Trophy tie between Curzon Ashton and Chester FC there was a tannoy announcement about a car causing an obstruction. The referee then called a temporary halt to proceedings while he went to move his car :D

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Nov 2021 19:02

Windsor 0-3 Egham

Just another dreadful performance. The Chairman is just about the only person who can’t acknowledge that the manager needs to go. Starting the day in a totally false position of 6th. I used to go to virtually every game, home and away, I can barely drag my arse down to Stag Meadow now, it’s that bad. Egham brought quite a few so a pretty decent crowd all things considered. (My guess 140 which is only a few short of Binfield’s - 151 seems very poor for them.)

Still, today we see a 3rd kit for Windsor. :shock: Love the response from one of the supporters.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 02 Dec 2021 15:07

This w/e NL fixtures

Fixtures Sat 4th December

NAT
Aldershot Town v Altrincham
Barnet v Maidenhead United
Bromley v Wealdstone
Solihull Moors v Woking
- Eastleigh were due to play Stockport but the 'Cobras/Hatters' (?) are in FA Cup action on Friday night
Monday night sees an all NL tie between Boreham Wd and St.Albans 'live' on ITV4

NATN
Bradford Park Avenue v Brackley Town
NATS
Chippenham Town v Dorking Wanderers
Hungerford Town
v Oxford City
Slough Town
v Tonbridge Angels

SLP-C
St Ives Town v Banbury United
SLP-S
Beaconsfield Town v Yate Town
Chesham United v Truro City
Farnborough v Merthyr Town - 'boro extended their lead to 6 pts with a 2-1 win at Harrow on Wed night
Hartley Wintney v Weston-super-Mare
Hayes & Yeading United v Metropolitan Police
Poole Town v Kings Langley
Swindon Supermarine v Salisbury
Walton Casuals v Taunton Town
SL1-C
FC Romania v Didcot Town
Hertford Town v Aylesbury United
Kidlington
v Biggleswade
Thame United v Barton Rovers
Ware v Wantage Town
Welwyn Garden City v North Leigh
SL1-S
Highworth Town v Lymington Town
Paulton Rovers v Winchester City

IL-P
Corinthian-Casuals v Wingate & Finchley
Leatherhead v Brightlingsea Regent
IL1-SC
Ashford Town (Middx) v Guernsey
Basingstoke Town v Marlow - 'Blues' walloped Guernsey 6-0 at Oak Tree Rd midweek whilst 'stoke unconvincingly scraped past lowly Staines 1-0 at Wheatsheaf Park
- could be sorry times looming for the 'Swans' - appears they may have had a big falling out with the co-sited Social Club

Bracknell Town v South Park
Chertsey Town v Northwood
Chipstead v Staines Town
Hanwell Town v Bedfont Sports
Sutton Common Rovers v Westfield
Tooting & Mitcham United v Chalfont St Peter
Uxbridge v Binfield

CCL-PN
Ascot United v Southall
Edgware Town v Burnham
Egham Town
v Wembley
Hanworth Villa v Windsor
Holyport
v Abbey Rangers -'port picked up their 2nd away win in a row this midweek with a very creditable 3 points at Spelthorne - are now off the bottom and only behind 'Sumas' on GD.
Reading City v CB Hounslow United
Spelthorne Sports
v Wokingham & Emmbrook - saw W&E well beaten at Lowther Road midweek by Egham 0-3
Tadley Calleva v North Greenford United
Virginia Water v St. Panteleimon
CCL-PS
Balham v Walton & Hersham
Banstead Athletic v Beckenham Town
Colliers Wood United v Cobham
Farnham Town v Raynes Park Vale
Frimley Green v Badshot Lea
Horley Town v Molesey
Jersey Bulls v Camberley Town
Knaphill v AFC Croydon Athletic
Redhill v Guildford City
Sheerwater
v Fleet Town
CCL-1
AFC Hayes v Langley
AFC Aldermaston
v Hilltop @ Thatcham
Bagshot v Woodley United @ Camberley
Berks County v London Samurai Rovers @ Binfield
British Airways v Cove @ Bedfont & Feltham
Chalvey Sports v Rayners Lane @ Burnham
Enfield Borough v Bedfont & Feltham
Eversley & California v Sandhurst Town
FC Deportivo Galicia v Kensington & Ealing Borough @ Bedfont Sports
Hillingdon Borough v London Lions

HELL-P
Royal Wootton Bassett Town v Longlevens AFC
Westfields v Shrivenham
HELL-1
Bourton Rovers v Milton United
Cirencester Town Dev v Abingdon United
SSM-P
Ardley United v Flackwell Heath
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
v Holmer Green
Risborough Rangers
v Milton Keynes Irish
SSM-1
Amersham Town v Kidlington Reserves
Irchester United v Penn & Tylers Green
Long Crendon v Thame United Reserves @ Oxford City

WESS-P
Alton v Hamble Club
Blackfield & Langley v Alresford Town
WESS-1
14:00 Ash United v Laverstock & Ford
14:00 Newport (IOW) v Andover New Street
Andover Town
v Infinity
New Milton Town v Fleet Spurs
Petersfield Town
v East Cowes Victoria
Whitchurch United v Fawley AFC

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Dec 2021 12:00

Said it before and i will say it again - if i win the euromillions, starting tonight, i will sort Basingstoke Town out and i would buy Newport IOW. If there is one club which is a sleeping giant in non-league terms, with a potential large fan base, Newport would be it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Dec 2021 12:42

paultheroyal Said it before and i will say it again - if i win the euromillions, starting tonight, i will sort Basingstoke Town out and i would buy Newport IOW. If there is one club which is a sleeping giant in non-league terms, with a potential large fan base, Newport would be it.

East Cowes Vics overlooked again!

10517 posts