The Non - League thread

10546 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Non - League thread

by NathStPaul » 12 Oct 2021 16:53

Simmops
NathStPaul You've never played against me, you aren't good enough to play up at that level.

The only video of me playing for my current team was from last season, not this season.

I've never professed to playing a high level or said my team were good, you have done this despite playing step 11 and in Division 5.

You're lying again and have been caught out. Just own it, apologise for lying and move on.

I did admit it above twice. I used to be good but not anymore because of my injuries. I played for a team in your division, you can maybe guess which one. We played against your team many times in years past and always won. I do not lie and nothing I have said is not the truth. Lets just be friends again now?

Ok I am going to go back through every single game I have played since joining my current team. Every team has to produce a teamsheet with the players names on it which is kept on record by the league. If I see your name on one of them I will unreservedly apologise to you. Fair enough?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Oct 2021 16:54

paultheroyal FOC will have a fit with what has happened to this thread today.

Anyway - Bristol Manor Farm have issued an apology, well i say apology, its an absolute disgrace. Damage limitation in my eyes and no doubt written by the manager who seems to run and own the club - they sound horrible

TBF we are discussing non league football.

The manager will no doubt get a 3 game touchline ban and a £100 fine. That will learn him. :roll:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Oct 2021 16:57

NathStPaul
paultheroyal FOC will have a fit with what has happened to this thread today.

Anyway - Bristol Manor Farm have issued an apology, well i say apology, its an absolute disgrace. Damage limitation in my eyes and no doubt written by the manager who seems to run and own the club - they sound horrible

TBF we are discussing non league football.

The manager will no doubt get a 3 game touchline ban and a £100 fine. That will learn him. :roll:

Thats debateable lol... :wink:

There will be alot of interest now in this case. This one particular has got me really annoyed. Just lies upon lies and stirred memories of matches i got involved in. Just delighted its easy to film such actions now.

I would imagine the referee on saturday (if they get one) will have a free pass!

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Oct 2021 17:08

NathStPaul
Simmops
NathStPaul You've never played against me, you aren't good enough to play up at that level.

The only video of me playing for my current team was from last season, not this season.

I've never professed to playing a high level or said my team were good, you have done this despite playing step 11 and in Division 5.

You're lying again and have been caught out. Just own it, apologise for lying and move on.

I did admit it above twice. I used to be good but not anymore because of my injuries. I played for a team in your division, you can maybe guess which one. We played against your team many times in years past and always won. I do not lie and nothing I have said is not the truth. Lets just be friends again now?

Ok I am going to go back through every single game I have played since joining my current team. Every team has to produce a teamsheet with the players names on it which is kept on record by the league. If I see your name on one of them I will unreservedly apologise to you. Fair enough?

4 years ago? If I'm wrong i will apologise to you

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Oct 2021 17:10

Simmops
NathStPaul
Simmops

I didn't play football 2012-2018. Started at my current club February 2019.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 12 Oct 2021 17:15

NathStPaul
Simmops
NathStPaul Ok I am going to go back through every single game I have played since joining my current team. Every team has to produce a teamsheet with the players names on it which is kept on record by the league. If I see your name on one of them I will unreservedly apologise to you. Fair enough?

I am wrong then , sorry. I moved house by then .oh well I made a mistake.

Still I haven't lied at all. I didn't play 2009 to 2017 then 2019 to 2021 then went on loan

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 13 Oct 2021 09:48

NathStPaul
Simmops
NathStPaul Ok I am going to go back through every single game I have played since joining my current team. Every team has to produce a teamsheet with the players names on it which is kept on record by the league. If I see your name on one of them I will unreservedly apologise to you. Fair enough?

can we be friends again please?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Oct 2021 13:23

Just as an aside Bristol Manor Farm’s last couple of games have both been cup ties v Paulton Rovers. Their next fixture is a league game - against Paulton Rovers

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 13 Oct 2021 14:06

Sutekh Just as an aside Bristol Manor Farm’s last couple of games have both been cup ties v Paulton Rovers. Their next fixture is a league game - against Paulton Rovers

Wow - how random is that.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 13 Oct 2021 17:26

paultheroyal
Sutekh Just as an aside Bristol Manor Farm’s last couple of games have both been cup ties v Paulton Rovers. Their next fixture is a league game - against Paulton Rovers

...just to chuck in some Non non-league to the thread - something I'm prone to do on NLM habitually :lol:

In season 69-70 or thereabouts Newcastle and Southampton met 5 times - two league; one FA Cup and 2 Fairs Cup ties
- probably not unique - and certainly not these days BUT unusual back then and they were crammed into a pretty short period I think
....and boy, were they fed-up of each other by the end of it - was the time of the 'Davies's': big Wyn up front for the 'Geords' and even bigger 'Ron' for the 'Scummers'. - actually he wasn't taller just seemed bigger in frame ...... in truth (Wiki) Wyn (also called Ronald) 'towered' a full 2" above Ron. 8)

Only missed the full set of half a doz. games by a season too .... as they met in the League Cup previously in 68/69 ! :P

...plenty of midweek NL action ....just a quick round-up

Hungerford bt Braintree 2-0 for their first home maximum - 2 goals in the 1st half from Sol Wanjau-Smith & Evans.

Hartley W got a much needed win over Hendon - of all people, 'Mitch' Parker back there again, winning it on 86'

Chesham and Supermarine shared points 1-1 at Amy La.

I got to Cherrywood Rd to see the 'battle of the boroughs' - Farnborough coming out on top 3-1 over Gosport - thanks to a Paul Hodges Hat-trick - to stay on H&Y's coat tails at the top of the SLP-South - now level on points but played 2 games more and 9 goals worse off

Beaconsfield were beaten by the same score at Harrow

Not a good night for our SL1-Central sides all three losing: 'Nor Lye' 1-2 at home to AFC Dunstable - Wantage thrashed 1-5 at home by the 'Ducks' of Aylesbury and Thame slumped 0-3 at Bedford.

Down at STEP05 where there weren't many fixtures -
Farnham lost 1-2 at Babbs Mead to Jersey Bulls who are now above half-way in the CCL-PS table.
In the HELL-P RWBT lost 1-2 vs Brimscomb & Thrupp
The SSM-P games saw defeat for Holmer Gn at home to Oxhey but a welcome win for Flackwell edging 1-0 past Leverstock Gn at Wilkes Pk.
Andover Town won 3-2 v New Milton in Wessex One.

EDIT- completely missed last night's Isthmian games in 1-South Central:
Chipstead 1-1 Marlow - first points dropped and first league goal conceded by 'Blues' - reporting 'hopper' from the game was distinctly underwhelmed by the visitors - though admitted they woke up for the last 15' and looked a half decent team in that brief period.
Sutton Common Rovers 0-6 South Park - something gone awry at SCR - few big defeats and Cup exits this last couple of weeks.
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 13 Oct 2021 23:17, edited 3 times in total.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Oct 2021 17:37

Four Of Clubs
paultheroyal

...just to chuck in some Non non-league to the thread - something I'm prone to do on NLM habitually :lol:

In season 69-70 or thereabouts Newcastle and Southampton met 5 times - two league; one FA Cup and 2 Fairs Cup ties
- probably not unique - and certainly not these days BUT unusual back then and they were crammed into a pretty short period I think
....and boy, were they fed-up of each other by the end of it - was the time of the 'Davies's': big Wyn up front for the 'Geords' and even bigger 'Ron' for the 'Scummers'. - actually he wasn't taller just seemed bigger in frame ...... in truth (Wiki) Wyn (also called Ronald) 'towered' a full 2" above Ron. 8)

Only missed the full set of half a doz. games by a season too .... as they met in the League Cup previously in 68/69 ! :P

...plenty of midweek NL action ....just a quick round-up

Hungerford bt Braintree 2-0 for their first home maximum - 2 goals in the 1st half from Sol Wanjau-Smith & Evans.

Hartley W got a much needed win over Hendon - of all people, 'Mitch' Parker back there again, winning it on 86'

Chesham and Supermarine shared points 1-1 at Amy La.

I got to Cherrywood Rd to see the 'battle of the boroughs' - Farnborough coming out on top 3-1 over Gosport - thanks to a Paul Hodges Hat-trick - to stay on H&Y's coat tails at the top of the SLP-South - now level on points but played 2 games more and 9 goals worse off

Beaconsfield were beaten by the same score at Harrow

Not a good night for our SL1-Central sides all three losing: 'Nor Lye' 1-2 at home to AFC Dunstable - Wantage thrashed 1-5 at home by the 'Ducks' of Aylesbury and Thame slumped 0-3 at Bedford.

Down at STEP05 where there weren't many fixtures -
Farnham lost 1-2 at Babbs Mead to Jersey Bulls who are now above half-way in the CCL-PS table.
In the HELL-P RWBT lost 1-2 vs Brimscomb & Thrupp
The SSM-P games saw defeat for Holmer Gn at home to Oxhey but a welcome win for Flackwell edging 1-0 past Leverstock Gn at Wilkes Pk.
Andover Town won 3-2 v New Milton in Wessex One.

Flackwell just parted company with manager Marcus Richardson

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 14 Oct 2021 10:05

2 great candidates for the Windsor job in ex-manager Mick Woodham (who recently left Staines) and Marcus Richardson who played for Windsor a number of years ago.

But that would require the Chairman to take action and that doesn't seem very likely unfortunately.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 14 Oct 2021 19:08

NL fixtures for this w/e - last Qualifying Round of the FA Cup.

Sat 16th October

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

1 Marine v Wrexham
2 Marske United v Gateshead
3 Curzon Ashton v Chesterfield
4 Brackley Town v Guiseley
5 Hereford v Solihull Moors
6 Pontefract Collieries v F.C. Halifax Town
7 York City v Morpeth Town
8 Kettering Town v Buxton
9 Boston United v Stratford Town
10 King's Lynn Town v Peterborough Sports
11 12.30 Bromsgrove Sporting v Grimsby Town – live on B.B.C.
12 Stockport County v Stamford
13 Southport v Altrincham
14 Tamworth v Notts County
15 Ebbsfleet United v Hampton & Richmond Borough
16 Horsham v Woking
17 Dorking Wanderers v Hayes & Yeading United
18 Corinthian Casuals v St. Albans City
19 Maidenhead United v Hastings United
20 Bedfont Sports v Kidderminster Harriers
21 Hungerford Town v Bromley
22 Harrow Borough v Chelmsford City
23 Wealdstone v Dagenham & Redbridge
24 A.F.C. Sudbury v Dartford
25 Banbury United v Bath City
26 Barnet v Boreham Wood
27 Yeovil Town v Weymouth
28 Eastleigh v Folkestone Invicta
29 Bowers & Pitsea v Aldershot Town
30 Dover Athletic v Yate Town
31 Torquay United v Havant & Waterlooville
32 Southend United v Chertsey Town

NATS
Billericay Town v Slough Town
Eastbourne Borough v Chippenham Town
Welling United v Braintree Town

SLP-S
Chesham United v Dorchester Town
Farnborough v Kings Langley
Taunton Town v Beaconsfield Town
Walton Casuals v Swindon Supermarine
SL1-C
Bedford Town v Kidlington
Didcot Town
v Welwyn Garden City
North Leigh v Waltham Abbey
St Neots Town v Wantage Town
Thame United
v Berkhamsted
SL1-S
Cinderford Town v Winchester City
Highworth Town
v Evesham United

ILP
Hornchurch v Leatherhead
IL1-SC
Binfield v Westfield
Chalfont St Peter
v Staines Town
Chipstead v Guernsey
Marlow v Ashford Town (Middx)
Northwood v Sutton Common Rovers
Thatcham Town v Hanwell Town
Tooting & Mitcham United v Bracknell Town

CCL-PN
Edgware Town v CB Hounslow United
Egham Town v Virginia Water
North Greenford United v Abbey Rangers
Reading City
v Spelthorne Sports
Southall
v Burnham @ Ashford T (Mx)
Tadley Calleva v St Panteleimon
Wembley v Holyport
Windsor
v Ascot United
Wokingham & Emmbrook
v Hanworth Villa
CCL-PS
13:30 Balham v Jersey Bulls @ AFC Croydon Ath.
Banstead Athletic v Molesey
Beckenham Town v Walton & Hersham
Camberley Town v Guildford City
Cobham
v Sheerwater
Colliers Wood United v Badshot Lea
Farnham Town
v AFC Croydon Athletic
Fleet Town v Raynes Park Vale
Frimley Green v Redhill
Horley Town v Knaphill
CCL-1
British Airways v Eversley & California @ Bedfont & Feltham
Chalvey Sports v AFC Hayes @ Burnham FC
Cove v AFC Aldermaston
Enfield Borough v Woodley United @ Wingate & Finchley
Hillingdon Borough v Berks County
Kensington & Ealing Borough v London Lions @ Hanwell
Langley v Bedfont & Feltham @ Slough FC
London Samurai Rovers v Bagshot @ Hanworth Villa
Sandhurst Town v Hilltop @ LARGES LANE (?? will confirm that if poss.)
- watched the 'Atom Men' scrape a valuable three-points 1-0 at home vs bottom club Bagshot on Wed night at Thatcham.
- Aldermaston had former fave Kai Parton-Edey up front not sure when he went back there - was at Woodley when I last saw him.
- presumably arrived earlier this season. He didn't look that match fit though has always been mobile for such a tall fellah.
- Both sides approach work was pretty woeful so you could see why they are at the wrong end of the table and have suffered some big reverses this term.
- The other forward alongside Kai (another big lad - Kamil Zielinski ) actually looked half-decent when he got on the ball - well into the last couple of mins of a fairly grim stalemate - he decided to do away with all the fancy interplay around the box and beat about five men on his own before planting the ball wide of the small Bagshot keeper.

HELL-P
Malvern Town v Royal Wootton Bassett Town
Shrivenham
v Brimscombe & Thrupp
HELL-1
Abingdon United v Shortwood United
Milton United v Newent Town

SSM-P
Ardley United v Holmer Green
Arlesey Town v Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
New Salamis v Risborough Rangers
Tring Athletic v Flackwell Heath
SSM-1
Amersham Town v Shefford Town & Campton
Kidlington Reserves v Rushden & Higham United
Penn & Tylers Green v Stotfold

WESS-P
AFC Portchester v Alresford Town
Amesbury Town v Alton
WESS-1
Andover Town v Fleet Spurs
Ash United
v Romsey Town
Laverstock & Ford v Andover New Street
Ringwood Town v Petersfield Town
Whitchurch United
v East Cowes Victoria

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Oct 2021 20:28

Windsor 3-1 Ascot

Well I sure as hell didn’t see that coming. A really good performance today, passion, hard-running, closing down the opposition, a thoroughly deserved win.

Football’s a funny old game.

And wtf happened with Tadley 6-1 St Panteleimon??

Apparently Tadley have a new manager this week, the guy who took Hartley Wintney to promotion a while back, which would seem to be a bit of a coup. To beat the league leaders 6-1 in what I am told was his 1st game in charge is one helluva result.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 17 Oct 2021 00:00

Royal Rother Windsor 3-1 Ascot

Well I sure as hell didn’t see that coming.

And wtf happened with Tadley 6-1 St Panteleimon??

Apparently Tadley have a new manager this week, the guy who took Hartley Wintney to promotion a while back.......

Those two scores certainly stood out for me too - thought Ascot would be a tougher prospect and delving into the Tadley performance it is clear the influence coming in from Hartley, had an instant positive effect but to a very surprising level first up, bearing in mind the opposition?

Results from Sat 16th October

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

1 Marine 1-1 Wrexham
2 Marske United 0-0 Gateshead
3 Curzon Ashton 0-4 Chesterfield
4 Brackley Town 1-1 Guiseley
5 Hereford 0-1 Solihull Moors
6 Pontefract Collieries 0-0 F.C. Halifax Town
7 York City 1-1 Morpeth Town
8 Kettering Town 2-2 Buxton
9 Boston United 1-1 Stratford Town
10 King's Lynn Town 2-1 Peterborough Sports
11 Bromsgrove Sporting 0-5 Grimsby Town
12 Stockport County 3-0 Stamford
13 Southport 2-3 Altrincham
14 Tamworth 0-0 Notts County
15 Ebbsfleet United 2-0 Hampton & Richmond Borough
16 Horsham 1-0 Woking
17 Dorking Wanderers 2-2 Hayes & Yeading United
18 Corinthian Casuals 1-1 St. Albans City
19 Maidenhead United 3-1 Hastings United
20 Bedfont Sports 0-1 Kidderminster Harriers att 412 - Kiddy's goal around the hour mark
21 Hungerford Town 1-2 Bromley - winning goal for Bromley on 75'
22 Harrow Borough 4-2 Chelmsford City
23 Wealdstone 1-2 Dagenham & Redbridge
24 A.F.C. Sudbury 3-1 Dartford
25 Banbury United 1-0 Bath City
26 Barnet 0-1 Boreham Wood
27 Yeovil Town 1-1 Weymouth
28 Eastleigh 3-3 Folkestone Invicta
29 Bowers & Pitsea 2-1 Aldershot Town
30 Dover Athletic 1-1 Yate Town
31 Torquay United 2-2 Havant & Waterlooville
32 Southend United 4-1 Chertsey Town att 2,307

NATS
Billericay Town 2-1 Slough Town
Eastbourne Borough 2-2 Chippenham Town
Welling United 1-0 Braintree Town

SLP-S
Chesham United 5-1 Dorchester Town – 'Generals' ran riot 2nd half having scored either side of HT
Farnborough 4-1 Kings Langley ‘ boro grab top spot but have now played 3 more that H&Y in 2nd – KL drop to the bottom on GD
Metropolitan Police 1-2 Merthyr Town
Taunton Town {SEVEN} 7-1 Beaconsfield Town
Walton Casuals 1-1 Swindon Supermarine
SL1-C
Bedford Town 3-0 Kidlington
Didcot Town 2-3 Welwyn Garden City
North Leigh 0-3 Waltham Abbey – ‘Nor Lye’s’ form has fallen off a cliff, following their first defeat of the season late last month, have now lost 4 in 6 - all at home.
St Neots Town 2-1 Wantage Town'Freds' behind by 2 fairly early on, their goal was a consolation injury time og
Thame United 1-2 Berkhamsted
SL1-S
Cinderford Town 2-5 Winchester CityBaily Balmer Barron & a brace from Feeney for City
Highworth Town 5-1 Evesham United – Holland & Cheetham put ‘Worthians’ two up and a Barcelos hat-trick made things comfortable – they travel down to the SimplyHealth to take on 'Winch' this Tuesday.
- Goal avalanches around this division today : 9 games saw 48 goals include an eight, a six, two 5s and a 4-3.

ILP
Hornchurch 1-1 Leatherhead
IL1-SC
Binfield 3-0 Westfield – two from Bunting and one from Moore
Chalfont St Peter 0-2 Staines Town
Chipstead 3-0 Guernsey
Marlow 3-0 Ashford Town (Middx) att 210 - 2 for Kameron English 1 for Nwachuku
Northwood 2-3 Sutton Common Rovers
Thatcham Town 1-3 Hanwell Town – ‘Kingfishers’ led 1-0 at HT
Tooting & Mitcham United 0-1 Bracknell Town –att 269 - ‘Robins’ take the points through a Jack Dean goal on 30’

CCL-PN
Edgware Town 5-0 CB Hounslow United
Egham Town 2-0 Virginia Water
North Greenford United 5-1 Abbey Rangers
Reading City
1-1 Spelthorne Sports
Southall
6-2 Burnham – with the shock result from Tadley, this big win puts Southall top with unbeaten Villa in 2nd – St P drop to 3rd and Abbey Rgrs also on the wrong end of a heavy defeat stay 4th

Tadley Calleva 6-1 St Panteleimon – as RR touched on above – it would appear the influx of a number of ex-Hartley W players along with the new manager, made a huge difference – included ex-HW keeper Craig Atkinson whose moved across from Thatcham
– Ben Wright scored 2 on debut (also joined from HW) but has had a lengthy and much travelled career with notably prolific spells at Maidenhead, Basingstoke & Gosport. The other scorers were Connor Thorne with 2, Lucas Burt and an og.

Wembley 2-1 Holyport ‘port drop to the foot of the table
Windsor 3-1 Ascot United
Wokingham & Emmbrook 0-0 Hanworth Villa
CCL-PS
Balham 0-3 Jersey Bulls
Banstead Athletic 1-1 Molesey
Beckenham Town 0-0 Walton & Hersham
Camberley Town 0-0 Guildford City
Cobham
2-2 Sheerwater
Colliers Wood United 2-3 Badshot Lea
Farnham Town
0-1 AFC Croydon Athletic
Fleet Town 2-4 Raynes Park Vale
Frimley Green 0-5 Redhill
Horley Town 3-2 Knaphill
CCL-1
British Airways 0-0 Eversley & California
Chalvey Sports 1-4 AFC Hayes
Cove 2-3 AFC Aldermaston - one for Quattomini and 2 for Parton-Edey
Enfield Borough 4-2 Woodley United
Hillingdon Borough 4-4 Berks County
Kensington & Ealing Borough 1-4 London Lions
Langley 3-3 Bedfont & Feltham
London Samurai Rovers 5-1 Bagshot
Sandhurst Town 1-2 Hilltop

HELL-P
Malvern Town 5-2 Royal Wootton Bassett Town
Shrivenham
0-2 Brimscombe & Thrupp
HELL-1
Abingdon United 0-1 Shortwood United – AbU missed pen in the last 10’ – close to first league point: still none from 11 games now.
Milton United 2-2 Newent Town

SSM-P
Ardley United 4-0 Holmer Green
Arlesey Town 1-0 Aylesbury Vale Dynamos
New Salamis 0-3 Risborough Rangers
Tring Athletic 1-2 Flackwell Heath
SSM-1
Amersham Town 1-3 Shefford Town & Campton
Kidlington Reserves 1-3 Rushden & Higham United
Penn & Tylers Green 2-2 Stotfold - P&TG hold the league leaders

WESS-P
AFC Portchester 2-1 Alresford Town
Amesbury Town 2-4 Alton
WESS-1
Andover Town 3-2 Fleet Spurs
Ash United
1-5 Romsey Town
Laverstock & Ford 3-0 Andover New Street – att 175
Ringwood Town 0-2 Petersfield Town
Whitchurch United
2-2 East Cowes Victoria

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 17 Oct 2021 11:47

First visit to Brackley this season yesterday

The ground is looking great now. There was a fire two years ago that pretty much destroyed the main clubhouse building. It's now been rebuilt and looks so much better than the old ramshackled place. Other, small, stands have been added and the whole thing looks ready for the step up if it happens.

The game was decent and Brackley led through an untypical route one move to Lee Ndlovu who slotted it neatly. Guiseley equalised just before the half and I thought the keeper for Brackley could have done better with his attempted punch

Second half fizzled out a bit and I think the visitors were happy to try again at their place

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Oct 2021 13:38

Maidenhead rewarded with a cr@p FA Cup 1st round tie away at Halifax (or Pontefract)

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 19 Oct 2021 19:31

Gone to Marlow v Hanwell tonight- hoping for a decent game :)
Edit Marlow 0 Hanwell 1 - 1 from each team sent off after 9 mins after a scuffle. Hanwell by far the better team on the night.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 20 Oct 2021 00:01

Royals and Racers Gone to Marlow v Hanwell tonight- hoping for a decent game :)
Edit Marlow 0 Hanwell 1 - 1 from each team sent off after 9 mins after a scuffle. Hanwell by far the better team on the night.

...I was there too! 8) official att 170
Agreed - 'Blues' performance as soggy as the conditions - looked very stale and uninspiring. Hanwell did everything they needed to, to take the points - which in truth wasn't much - and stop Marlow going top (they'd only needed a point to do so)

Roads back were a bit grim - avoided threatened disruptions back down the A404 (M) on the return journey, by going cross-country to Henley, Wargrave and the A4 - plenty of scope for aquaplaning :? - especially on the A4155 beyond Henley College and again up towards Wargrave. Fortunately there was very little traffic so I could stay fairly central & weave between the large verge-side puddles gathering.

Relatively busy NL night elsewhere:

FAC 4Q Replays
Guiseley 2-1 Brackley
Hayes & Yeading 2-2 Dorking W (4-3 pens)
Folkestone 2-3 Eastleigh att 1237
Yate P-P Dover - some lighting issues - all back on by 20:20 but Dover refused to start.......

SLP-S
Dorchester 3-2 Hartley W
Kings Langley 0-2 Harrow Boro
Salisbury 1-2 Chesham
SLP-C
Banbury 3-2 Leiston - 'Puritans' winner so late, both official sites missed it and initially showed result as 2-2! :D
Supermarine 0-1 Taunton
SL1-S
Winchester 0-1 Highworth - 'Worthians' up to 5th - veteran marksman Ash Edenborough with the only goal

IL1-SC
Ashford T 1-2 Chertsey
Northwood 0-1 Basingstoke - 'Dragons' up to 6th level on 16 points with Hanwell and Binfield, with 2 games in hand - above them are leaders Uxbridge, Marlow and Bracknell grouped together on 19 points

...not much of note going on locally below STEP04 tonight:
Risborough drew 2-2 at Oxhey in SSM-P, whilst Long Crendon bt Penn & T 2-1 in Division 1
Alresford bt Bournemouth (Poppies) 3-2 in WESS-P - and down in Division One, Whitchurch grabbed a rare away win 1-3 at Fleet Spurs.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 20 Oct 2021 09:16

Four Of Clubs
Royals and Racers Gone to Marlow v Hanwell tonight- hoping for a decent game :)

...I was there too! 8) official att 170
Agreed - 'Blues' performance as soggy as the conditions - looked very stale and uninspiring. Hanwell did everything they needed to, to take the points - which in truth wasn't much - and stop Marlow going top (they'd only needed a point to do so)

Roads back were a bit grim - avoided threatened disruptions back down the A404 (M) on the return journey, by going cross-country to Henley, Wargrave and the A4 - plenty of scope for aquaplaning :? - especially on the A4155 beyond Henley College and again up towards Wargrave. Fortunately there was very little traffic so I could stay fairly central & weave between the large verge-side puddles gathering.

Relatively busy NL night elsewhere:

FAC 4Q Replays
Guiseley 2-1 Brackley
Hayes & Yeading 2-2 Dorking W (4-3 pens)
Folkestone 2-3 Eastleigh att 1237
Yate P-P Dover - some lighting issues - all back on by 20:20 but Dover refused to start.......

SLP-S
Dorchester 3-2 Hartley W
Kings Langley 0-2 Harrow Boro
Salisbury 1-2 Chesham
SLP-C
Banbury 3-2 Leiston - 'Puritans' winner so late, both official sites missed it and initially showed result as 2-2! :D
Supermarine 0-1 Taunton
SL1-S
Winchester 0-1 Highworth - 'Worthians' up to 5th - veteran marksman Ash Edenborough with the only goal

IL1-SC
Ashford T 1-2 Chertsey
Northwood 0-1 Basingstoke - 'Dragons' up to 6th level on 16 points with Hanwell and Binfield, with 2 games in hand - above them are leaders Uxbridge, Marlow and Bracknell grouped together on 19 points

...not much of note going on locally below STEP04 tonight:
Risborough drew 2-2 at Oxhey in SSM-P, whilst Long Crendon bt Penn & T 2-1 in Division 1
Alresford bt Bournemouth (Poppies) 3-2 in WESS-P - and down in Division One, Whitchurch grabbed a rare away win 1-3 at Fleet Spurs.

I had more trouble getting there as to getting home as the A 4130 between Nettlebed and Henley was closed and i had to turn around. I was the last car allowed in the car park :D

10546 posts