Hob Nob Regular

Re: Non - League thread 2010/11

by rfcjoe » 15 Jul 2010 00:18

Yes. Thats exactly why.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 15 Jul 2010 03:50

Any decent friendlies around this weekend? Quite fancy watching a random game as i won't be able to the following couple of Saturdays.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 15 Jul 2010 09:50

Compo's Hat Any decent friendlies around this weekend? Quite fancy watching a random game as i won't be able to the following couple of Saturdays.

"The Power of the Golden Anorak is all encompassing! Ask and you shall receive?" :wink:

.... these should all be well within 90 mins drive of our fair 'city'. :P

Ash Utd v Whitehawk
Aston Clinton v Southill Alexander (14.00)
Bierton v Aylesbury United
Bookham v Dorking @ Christie Rec Dorking Rd Bookham (4 x 30m Training matches)
Brackley Town v Kettering Town
Buckingham Athletic v Launton Sports 15:30 (Res v Twyford [Bucks] @ 12:30)
Buckingham Town v Denbigh Hall
Bucks FC v Bracknell Town (at Amersham Town FC)
Calne Town (other side of Swinedon) v Reading Town
Cobham v Cove 14:00(Double header: Cobham Res v AFC Wimbledon Res @ 11:30)
Cricklade Town v Stonehouse Town (GNSL)
Didcot Town v Aldershot Town
Dorking Wanderers v Epsom & Ewell - (Double Header First & Reserves - 14:00 and 16:00 @ Westhumble Rec or poss Mickleham PF)
Egham v Knaphill
Eversley v Camberley Town (@ John Madejski Academy 3G - Double header 1sts 14:00, Res 16:00)
Farnborough XI v Badshot Lea @ Bisley FC (Double Header see 'Westfield' below ##)
Feltham v Cove Res. @ Egham Sports Centre tbc
Godalming Town v Harrow Borough (13.00 @ Charterhouse School)
Hayes & Yeading v Wycombe Wanderers
Hillingdon Borough v Northwood
Holmer Green v Carterton
Hungerford Town v Wokingham & Emmbrook (double header:1sts and Res @ SWINDON TOWN WANBOROUGH TRAINING GROUND, SN4 0DZ 12:00 & 14:00)
Kidlington v Woodford Utd
Lambourn Sports v Shrivenham
Milton Utd v Trowbridge Town double header 1sts 14.00 Res 16.00
Mole Valley SCR v South Park (Double Header 1sts 13:00 & Res 15:00 @ Weston Gn Sports Ground KT7 0FZ)
Molesey v Ashford Town (Mx) 12:00 (@ Old Cranleighans Weston Gn KT7 0HB?)
Old Woodstock v Abingdon Utd
Penn & Tylers Green v Beaconsfield SYCOB
Pewsey Vale v Clanfield
Purton v Highworth Town
Saxton Rovers (Abingdon) v Letcombe
St Albans City v Watford
Wantage Town v North Leigh
Westfield v Guildford City 11.45 – (## Bisley FC )
Winchester City v Woking
Windsor & Eton v Slough Town
Woodley Town v Emmer Green
Wootton Bassett Town v Swindon Supermarine

... not sure if I can get to any of these :cry:
- wife's 'hobby' has intervened (again! :evil: ) means I may have to trek over to Caversham to drop kids off sometime around 14:15 - so very limited range. Saxton v Letcombe might just be do-able - don't really fancy Diddy vs the Sh!ts. :?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Jul 2010 11:51

Anyone "interested" in the Windsor -v- Slough friendly, please note that it will not be played at Stag Meadow.

SAT 17TH JULY V SLOUGH TOWN 3.00PM @ WINDSOR BOYS SCHOOL
PARKING FREE, ADMISSION £3 NO CONCESSIONS, ENTRANCE BY PAVILLION IN STOVELL ROAD [FOLLOW SIGNS FOR LEISURE CENTRE].

There are other chages to home friendlies for The Royalists which I will post nearer the time.

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 15 Jul 2010 16:56

Grays Athletic did not get their way about being allowed into the Ryman Premier League but have been allowed into Ryman One North subject to FA approval. Ryman fixtures can now be published apart from 1N which will need to be reworked to accommodate an odd number of teams.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 16 Jul 2010 15:41

Terminal Boardom Anyone "interested" in the Windsor -v- Slough friendly, please note that it will not be played at Stag Meadow.

PARKING FREE, ADMISSION £3 NO CONCESSIONS, ENTRANCE BY PAVILLION IN STOVELL ROAD [FOLLOW SIGNS FOR LEISURE CENTRE].

There are other changes to home friendlies for The Royalists which I will post nearer the time.

... that was weird just had a fairly lengthy post 'zapped' : must have loused up somewhere twixt preview and submit! :oops:

2nd attempt -

There IS some interest in the above fixture on the NONLEAGUEMATTERS forum, in particular whether there will be a Programme issued.
There is a Sub Species of the Genus 'Anorakis Hopperensis' known as 'Paperus Chaserus' -meaning certain people won't even consider a visit without the chance of getting a piece of paper. :roll:
For me I am happy if there is one but only then slightly miffed if they've sold out/not printed enough. Some of these lower level clubs only print the minimum quantity - it is often stipulated by most league's from STEP06 upwards as a mandatory measure - and there's quite a knack to try and winkle one out so to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news - Hellenic Fixtures are out - but only for the first week of the season so far:

Two games on Monday 9th August:
PREM: Binfield v Witney
ONE EAST: Milton v Holyport

.. almost a full programme in the Premier on Tuesday eve - Bracknell host Oxford City Nomads; RTFC home to Shrivenham; Ascot go to Thame - who are still playing at Hithercroft- AFC Wallingford, until their new stadium on the outskirts of Thame is ready late Autumn (I think) - no firm date visible on their own website; Wokingham are up at Kidlington.

Fixtures are available here:-

http://72.3.224.252/MtchDay.cfm?TblName ... e=HLNC2010

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 16 Jul 2010 20:01

Four Of Clubs
Compo's Hat Any decent friendlies around this weekend? Quite fancy watching a random game as i won't be able to the following couple of Saturdays.

"The Power of the Golden Anorak is all encompassing! Ask and you shall receive?" :wink:

Who are Bucks FC, are they an old club who have reformed and groundshare at Amersham?

Compo if it helps Penn & Tylers is a nice little place, nice clubhouse and should be able to take in a bit of a local cricket match as they share the same ground.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Jul 2010 22:04

Four Of Clubs

Compo? Drive? Are you kidding?!

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 16 Jul 2010 23:52

Finally some news on how Reading Town squad will look this season. As expected, new manager Roddy Slatter has signed the majority of his old Henley Town side. Last seasons nearly men have followed ex-boss Colin Millard to Thatcham Town so this season will see a complete overhaul in both coaching and playing staff at Scours Lane.

Some of you may well remember two of these new signings. Marcus Ricardson, Reading born and bred, had trials with our reserves ten years ago before having some success as a lower league journeyman striker. The second name being Andy Gray, who I'm sure was a Reading School of Excellence product back in the early McGhee days?

Reading Post Boss Slater signs new Reading Town team
By David Wright
July 16, 2010

Marcus Richardson, who has played for several Football League clubs, and former Reading striker Andy Gray, are among a host of players to have signed for Reading Town.

In addition, new manager Roddy Slater has brought almost a whole team with him from his former club, Henley.

With his successor, Colin Millard, having taken most players with him to Thatcham, only three players from last season’s first team remain at Scours Lane. They are skipper Dave Mills, experienced centre-back Mike Hancock and defender Gordon Ritchie.

Among those who have followed Slater from Henley are Chris Ovenden, Alex Salmon, David Givens, Brett Rann, Adam Cashin-Murray, Jamie Pearcy, Matt David, Danny Lingwood, Diak John and Mark Bartley.

Bartley, Richardson and Tommy Boylan will form the management team under Slater.

Chris Hutton and Lyle Smith have joined from Woodley Town, as has Paul Thomas from Kintbury. Highmoor Ibis trio Leon Bird, Barry Elmore and Adam Kingsbeer have also signed for Town.

Slater has “five or six” players on trial in tomorrow’s first pre-season friendly at Calne, but will be missing several of his players as they will be involved in the Reading Fives tournament.

The 32-year-old Reading-born Richardson is by far the most experienced player in the Town squad. His professional career took him to Cambridge United, Torquay, Hartlepool, Lincoln, Rochdale, Yeovil, Chester, Macclesfield and Bury.
And his non-league clubs include Slough, Burnham, Harrow Borough, Weymouth, Crawley, Farnborough, Henley and Windsor and Eton.

Richardson also plays in the Reading Sunday League and last season helped Dee Road Rangers to complete a league and cup double. “Marcus is a great character and I am sure will do a good job for us,” said Slater.

Meanwhile, Reading Town will face Shrivenham at home in their first Hellenic Premier Division game of the season on Tuesday, August 10. Woodley Town will travel to Milton United on Monday, August 9 for their opening game of the Hellenic Division 1 East season.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 17 Jul 2010 01:43

Tad Showbiz

Who are Bucks FC, are they an old club who have reformed and groundshare at Amersham?

Compo if it helps Penn & Tylers is a nice little place, nice clubhouse and should be able to take in a bit of a local cricket match as they share the same ground.

.. I think I ought to have used their full title - must've been abbreviated on whatever source I copied that particular fixture from - thinking about it probably Bracknell's own website - They are Bucks Student Union FC - formerly played at the Bucks University Campus up beyond Chalfont St Giles - moved in with Amersham Town FC last season to meet the requirements of Spartan South Mids Div 2 - finished 11th of 16.
Amersham's ground is in a nice picturesque setting too - if the weather's nice - off to the west of the town nr the Rugby Club on School lane.
.. has some 'interesting' landscaping - to overcome a pronounced slope they've levelled the pitch and it now sits up on top of a 'man-made' plateau - quite a narrow pitch surround - a big stand built on one side and quite a giddy drop the other down to a field - and the surround is pretty narrow! :shock:
Nice comfy clubhouse too - giant sofas! :)

Possibly easier to get to by Public Transport than Penn - short walk from Amersham Underground - presuming it runs that far out on a Saturday?

Agree re Penn & T - another nice semi-rural setting - good clubhouse - STEP04 opposition too.
Recommend Holmer Green up above Wycombe - another very attractive ground to watch football and an excellent clubhouse - bit of a trek from the pitch though.

If anyone's interested - couple of updates to my PSF list
- Kidlington now KO @ 13:30
- Old Woodstock are playing Ab. Utd @ Westminster College, Harcourt Hill off the A34 Ring Rd nr Botley.
- Woodley v Emmer Gn is at UoR
KO now 14:00 ?
Last edited by Four Of Clubs on 17 Jul 2010 11:01, edited 2 times in total.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 17 Jul 2010 08:16

Now if only professional football had quaint distinctive grounds like non league instead of all these horrid homogenised boxes and plastic everything....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Jul 2010 09:52

Barry the bird boggler Now if only professional football had quaint distinctive grounds like non league instead of all these horrid homogenised boxes and plastic everything....

In that case, I urge you to make the journey to Chesham. A cracking old fashioned non league ground with some huge terrace steps! Lovely club house and plenty of parking too.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Jul 2010 12:40

Terminal Boardom Anyone "interested" in the Windsor -v- Slough friendly, please note that it will not be played at Stag Meadow.

LOL, with Windsor's crowds they could play this game in the janitor's cupboard 8)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 17 Jul 2010 14:57

Terminal Boardom
Barry the bird boggler Now if only professional football had quaint distinctive grounds like non league instead of all these horrid homogenised boxes and plastic everything....

In that case, I urge you to make the journey to Chesham. A cracking old fashioned non league ground with some huge terrace steps! Lovely club house and plenty of parking too.

Did Chesham a season or two ago, I would agree it a lovely ground with good views behind one of the goal as well.

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 17 Jul 2010 21:11

aldershot have two lovely terraces....and are in the league!!!(two and a half if you obviate a roof requirement).....

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Jul 2010 21:27

frimmers3 aldershot have two lovely terraces....and are in the league!!!(two and a half if you obviate a roof requirement).....

But, to be fair frimmers, the clubhouse is shit

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 17 Jul 2010 21:30

Terminal Boardom
frimmers3 aldershot have two lovely terraces....and are in the league!!!(two and a half if you obviate a roof requirement).....

But, to be fair frimmers, the clubhouse is shit

it is indeed.but the burgers are okay.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Jul 2010 21:36

But then again, only a follower of the shite would promote watching his team

On a non league thread

Now

That's funny :lol:

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 17 Jul 2010 21:42

Terminal Boardom But then again, only a follower of the shite would promote watching his team

On a non league thread

Now

That's funny :lol:

what is "funnier" is the inability of a poster to realise that the comment was posted with regard to a separate issue,the scarcity of terracing in the current league structure at whatever level.however,why should i deny you a "lol"...it seems every "royal" has to suffix each post with it.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 17 Jul 2010 21:57

FTR Frimmers, I have lost count of the number of times that I had the urge to pop down to the Rec and see the shite play. 4 or 5 times a season even. I can recall a 6-0 anhialation of Gillingham when the "great" Steve Claridge played. He wa scruffy then too. But again, to be fair, the Rec is too established and developed a ground to be even considered non-league.

10427 posts