The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

538 posts
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Jun 2023 14:19

Stranded
Ascotexgunner
RG30 Any hold up will be down to the owner.

I've kind of backed the owner but if we lose out on Wilder he really does need f*ck off and sell up rather than watch the club fall further down the sh+t pipe to his utter incompetence like his other 2 clubs. We will never get a better opportunity to stop the rot than this.

You literally cannot know this and that Wilder is the absolute answer.

Bowen may have doubts as talks have shown that to get him we have to abandon large parts of the strategic plan he is building - the best available manager is not always the best fit.

If Wilder comes, it will be because all parties see it as a good fit. If he doesn't, it means one or both sides have reservations that can often only solidify through talks.

He may not be the absolute answer but he is a decent manager and a big name for us....and I'd rather go with that tha a never heard of, never won anything, never managed, failed everywhere, big name only, never managed in England type. So let's go leftfield by our standards and actually appoint a manager.

I'm not even gonna talk about Bowen.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 06 Jun 2023 14:40

I have it on good authority (my wife's grandson's sister's, grandfather, no less) that a press conference has been called for at 2.30 on the first Monday of April 2024 to announce our new manager. The club will apologise that it has taken ten months to sort out owing to the lack of interest in filling the vacancy. You heard it here first.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Jun 2023 14:45

72 bus
blythspartan
Hound I’m a bit bored of waiting now tbf

Yep me too. Spurs have done it within 48 hours so it can be done much quicker.

Spurs have been searching for a manager since the end of March, they have just appointed probably their fourth choice.

It doesn’t matter what choice he was. They spoke to him after the Scottish Cup Final and appointed him today. No way would they have tapped him up early, as that doesn’t happen in football.

Actually, it was a bad example, Lol and maybe we’ll announce Ryan Mason soon.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 06 Jun 2023 17:37

Maybe the wait is down to finding out what sort of agreement we'll have with the EFL about next year's budget.

I don't think I've even heard a rumour around when they will get worked out though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jun 2023 17:40

Ascotexgunner
Stranded
Ascotexgunner
I've kind of backed the owner but if we lose out on Wilder he really does need f*ck off and sell up rather than watch the club fall further down the sh+t pipe to his utter incompetence like his other 2 clubs. We will never get a better opportunity to stop the rot than this.

Bowen may have doubts as talks have shown that to get him we have to abandon large parts of the strategic plan he is building - the best available manager is not always the best fit.

If Wilder comes, it will be because all parties see it as a good fit. If he doesn't, it means one or both sides have reservations that can often only solidify through talks.

He may not be the absolute answer but he is a decent manager and a big name for us....and I'd rather go with that tha a never heard of, never won anything, never managed, failed everywhere, big name only, never managed in England type. So let's go leftfield by our standards and actually appoint a manager.

Probably best, when you do it's often horseshit.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jun 2023 17:43

Snowflake Royal This will definitely happen and the announcement will be Tuesday at 11 am.

Well that long shot hasn't paid off. But FDTW will be pleased I was wrong about something.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 06 Jun 2023 17:44

Snowflake Royal
Snowflake Royal This will definitely happen and the announcement will be Tuesday at 11 am.

Well that long shot hasn't paid off. But FDTW will be pleased I was wrong about something.

You didn't specify which Tuesday tbf. :lol:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jun 2023 17:44

Clyde1998
Snowflake Royal

You didn't specify which Tuesday tbf. :lol:

:lol:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 06 Jun 2023 20:22

Will say a lot about the local journos and ITK crowd on twitter if Wilder isn't our manager

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 06 Jun 2023 20:53

Winston Biscuit Will say a lot about the local journos and ITK crowd on twitter if Wilder isn't our manager

Too right. It's frankly embarassing and pathetic how many people take the word of one person with absolutely no real grounds. This applies also to vague posts which then fuel hundreds of stupid tweets like "announce wilder" whenever the club post anything.

Part of me (a tiny part) hopes he doesn't join just to spite all those jumped up tw@ts

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Jun 2023 22:07

Snowflake Royal
Ascotexgunner
Stranded

Probably best, when you do it's often horseshit.

Uncalled for......pigshit maybe but horseshit nah.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Jun 2023 22:09

Yeah it's been too long now, this ain't happening

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Jun 2023 22:14

genome Yeah it's been too long now, this ain't happening

It was nice to have a bit of positivity for a couple of weeks. Hopefully we'll appoint Mark Hughes or a foreign journeyman and things can get back to normal.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 07 Jun 2023 08:41

What are the excuses going to be from the 'contracts are already done' mob if he turns out not to be our manager?

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 07 Jun 2023 10:34

Where is Gazza Loyal Royal when need him.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 07 Jun 2023 10:43

Haven’t seen the latest postings so may have already been said but from afar in Spain this morning word is that Wilder has agreed to join but Bowen has had had a change of heart and prefers supposedly better candidates!!!
So maybe we are back to speculation and the earliest option Nathan Jones who originally would only join if we stayed up, his mate Mark Hughes and, now that Leeds will no longer have the Allardyce team is Karl Robinson back on the list?
I know we have been managerless for a relatively short time but it would settle us fans down and not require us to waste valuable thinking time on speculation and could get back to moaning about the players that we still have.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jun 2023 11:43

Winston Biscuit What are the excuses going to be from the 'contracts are already done' mob if he turns out not to be our manager?

Already doing it... Was a done deal and apparently Bowen has changed his mind last minute or something.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jun 2023 12:00

PATRIQT Where is Gazza Loyal Royal when need him.

He went bonkers didn’t he?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Jun 2023 12:01

genome
Winston Biscuit What are the excuses going to be from the 'contracts are already done' mob if he turns out not to be our manager?

Already doing it... Was a done deal and apparently Bowen has changed his mind last minute or something.

It was all just an elaborate hoax to allow them to slander Bowen wasn't it...

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 07 Jun 2023 12:02

Snowflake Royal
PATRIQT Where is Gazza Loyal Royal when need him.

He went bonkers didn’t he?

Did he? Are you thinking of the right person?

538 posts