RUMOUR - Jason Roberts

274 posts
TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: RUMOUR - Jason Roberts

by TBM » 25 Jan 2012 09:52

Its not really the age thing that concerns me.....

He has only played half an hour of 1st team football since the beginning of December - if he is coming in on loan then how long will it take for him to get back his sharpness etc?!

Also, he seems more focused on his media career than football (which is fair enough but will it hinder us?)

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 Jan 2012 10:00

Piquionne, Carew, Connolly, Kitson, Earnshaw, Zigic, King, Taylor-Fletcher, Scotland, Diouf all seem to be coping with the 'running' too

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Jan 2012 10:04

Roberts - bigger and blacker than our three regular strikers. Can only be a good thing.

I reckon this one will happen.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 25 Jan 2012 10:06

TBM Its not really the age thing that concerns me.....

He has only played half an hour of 1st team football since the beginning of December - if he is coming in on loan then how long will it take for him to get back his sharpness etc?!

Also, he seems more focused on his media career than football (which is fair enough but will it hinder us?)

It didnt hinder Robbie Savage.. All the time he was at Derby he was also working for 606 ... cant see it being an issue

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 Jan 2012 10:08

bigmike

It didnt hinder Robbie Savage.. All the time he was at Derby he was also working for 606 ... cant see it being an issue

No thats fair enough......but thats Robbie Savage, Jason Roberts [to me] doesn't seem as "natural" to it like Robbie is/was

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 25 Jan 2012 10:09

can see this happening

but dont think its the right move for us, we really need regular first team starters imo. Morrison and Manset so far just seem like a complete waste of transfer fees

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 25 Jan 2012 10:32

muddyfeet can see this happening

but dont think its the right move for us, we really need regular first team starters imo. Morrison and Manset so far just seem like a complete waste of transfer fees

They are ones for the future..........

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 25 Jan 2012 10:35

I do understand that. but we bring in Morrison as back up for Gorkss and Pearce. But then loan him out and bring in someone else.....

Manset should be on the bench ahead of Mills or Bryn imo

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Jan 2012 11:00

muddyfeet I do understand that. but we bring in Morrison as back up for Gorkss and Pearce. But then loan him out and bring in someone else.....

Perhaps Reading have decided that Morrison is not the real deal whereas the Brentford guy is. As for JR, he offers a different option to the players up front. A good target man for Hunt and Le Fondre to feed off. I see nothing but positives should it go through.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 25 Jan 2012 11:05

Completely agree, this is my main concern with signing him. I'd prob be happy with him joining us if it wasn't for this.

Reminds me of when we signed Lwood, who clearly wasn't match fit and because he didn't join to sit on the bench had to get match fit by playing in the first team.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 25 Jan 2012 11:22

muddyfeet can see this happening

we dont have to worry about this sort of thing any more MFers! :wink:

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 25 Jan 2012 11:41

Terminal Boardom
muddyfeet I do understand that. but we bring in Morrison as back up for Gorkss and Pearce. But then loan him out and bring in someone else.....

Perhaps Reading have decided that Morrison is not the real deal whereas the Brentford guy is. As for JR, he offers a different option to the players up front. A good target man for Hunt and Le Fondre to feed off. I see nothing but positives should it go through.

Despite having concerns over Morrison and his lack of appearances to date, I only realised yesterday that he is actually younger than Pearce. Some games at Huddersfield will give us a better indication - Lee Clark looks like he knows what he is doing - so I'm happy to give him some more time.

Regardless of whether or not Morrison comes good, i still think we need more options at centre back..... like pace!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 Jan 2012 11:59

Morrison was 20 when we bought him, so he is far from the finished article.

How good was Pearce at 20? (not good enough, is the answer)

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 25 Jan 2012 12:24

just the sort of player we need. someone with a bit of presence up front. Hunt struggles to stay fit and he's the only one we have who can nearly bully defenders.

We look so lightweight with Church and ALF up front. Beast hasn't cut the mustard. Even if its a 6 month stop gap before we widen our net in the summer I can only see it as a positive

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 25 Jan 2012 12:25

gazzer, loyal royal just the sort of player we need. someone with a bit of presence up front. Hunt struggles to stay fit and he's the only one we have who can nearly bully defenders.

We look so lightweight with Church and ALF up front. Beast hasn't cut the mustard. Even if its a 6 month stop gap before we widen our net in the summer I can only see it as a positive

Have you heard any rumours about this or anything else? The OP has gone very quiet..

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 25 Jan 2012 12:30

roadrunner
gazzer, loyal royal just the sort of player we need. someone with a bit of presence up front. Hunt struggles to stay fit and he's the only one we have who can nearly bully defenders.

Have you heard any rumours about this or anything else? The OP has gone very quiet..

I haven't seen my source in ages. I may see him Monday night, but the night before transfer deadline day may be a problem. Summer is normally better for me to get stuff out of him, but ill try

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Jan 2012 13:29

so much for going for sharp or rhodes

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 25 Jan 2012 18:55

Seems Roberts has never had a birthday in Reading before:

JasonRoberts30: "TArmy...Thank you for your Birthday messages..it has been the Strangest Birthday I have ever had..."

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 25 Jan 2012 18:59

tomrfcurz Seems Roberts has never had a birthday in Reading before:

JasonRoberts30: "TArmy...Thank you for your Birthday messages..it has been the Strangest Birthday I have ever had..."

JasonRoberts30: Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end....

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Jan 2012 19:00

tomrfcurz Seems Roberts has never had a birthday in Reading before:

for someone that has been in reading since monday, this seems to be dragging.. are you spinning us porkies? is your little nose not so little any more? am i ann robinson?

i hope it happens. we need goals and i think he could be ideal.

274 posts