Rumour - Michael Owen

264 posts
largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Rumour - Michael Owen

by largetrousers » 17 May 2012 12:25

If McDermott sees him as the right fit, and he proves his fitness, I reckon it'd be worth a gamble. Having the options of Roberts, Rhodes :wink: , Owen, Le Fondre and Hunt as forwards sounds very good, with Church going on loan to a championship side. Based on the 25 player rule, 5 forwards sounds ideal, no more, no less.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 May 2012 12:29

dobcheck won't consider dropping down to the Championship.

He can take his tackled-by-grass, OAP arse elsewhere then, the stuck-up brittle-boned lamewit.

To be able to walk into any side Owen, you need to be able to walk.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 17 May 2012 12:39

winchester_royal
andrew1957 Owen was a great player many years ago but it would be a complete waste of money today. Totally different to Roberts (who I for one welcomed with open arms) as he is a target man which we desperately neeeded - whereas Owen and ALF are very similar players.

IMO ALF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Owen now.

:shock: :lol:

not being funny but i would rather have le fondre than owen at this present time. i think le fondre has the potential to do fine in the prem

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 17 May 2012 12:40

Bring Back The SB In all honesty, who would really want the ageing, injury prone Michael Owen?

I hate all these new age fans.

exactly - id take defoe defo but not sure about owen unless its a pay as you play deal

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 17 May 2012 12:41

largetrousers If McDermott sees him as the right fit, and he proves his fitness, I reckon it'd be worth a gamble. Having the options of Roberts, Rhodes :wink: , Owen, Le Fondre and Hunt as forwards sounds very good, with Church going on loan to a championship side. Based on the 25 player rule, 5 forwards sounds ideal, no more, no less.

Minimum 45k a week gamble - no thanks.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 17 May 2012 12:47

not if we're talking fifa 2012 manager mode wages ;)

largetrousers
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by largetrousers » 17 May 2012 12:50

paultheroyal
largetrousers If McDermott sees him as the right fit, and he proves his fitness, I reckon it'd be worth a gamble. Having the options of Roberts, Rhodes :wink: , Owen, Le Fondre and Hunt as forwards sounds very good, with Church going on loan to a championship side. Based on the 25 player rule, 5 forwards sounds ideal, no more, no less.

Minimum 45k a week gamble - no thanks.

That works out just over 2.3 million in wages...for a 1 year contract to prove his worth (as he's on a free), we're not likely to get a player of his calibre (on his day) for that money. Also the new investors would be creaming themselves with the amount of printed shirts they'd sell on the back-end of buying someone like Owen.

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 17 May 2012 13:08

I just want a new shirt with owen on the back, my england euro 2004 one is getting a bit too small now!

BlueToucan

by BlueToucan » 17 May 2012 13:14

That works out just over 2.3 million in wages...for a 1 year contract to prove his worth (as he's on a free), we're not likely to get a player of his calibre (on his day) for that money

Good point. As long as we have someone young and hungry (like Rhodes) in addition to what we have, then having Owen in the 'squad' could be a huge asset. The young players would learn so much from the experiance of Roberts and Owen. Depends if we think that (circa £2.3m) is worth paying for one year of having the experiance in the squad?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 May 2012 13:18

largetrousers That works out just over 2.3 million in wages...for a 1 year contract to prove his worth (as he's on a free), we're not likely to get a player of his calibre (on his day) for that money. Also the new investors would be creaming themselves with the amount of printed shirts they'd sell on the back-end of buying someone like Owen.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 17 May 2012 13:19

BlueToucan
That works out just over 2.3 million in wages...for a 1 year contract to prove his worth (as he's on a free), we're not likely to get a player of his calibre (on his day) for that money

Good point. As long as we have someone young and hungry (like Rhodes) in addition to what we have, then having Owen in the 'squad' could be a huge asset. The young players would learn so much from the experiance of Roberts and Owen. Depends if we think that (circa £2.3m) is worth paying for one year of having the experiance in the squad?

I'm "experienced". Happy to hang round the squad for 100K a year

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 17 May 2012 13:23

Saying that 2.3 million for us is still a considerable amount of money if he happened to conveniently pull his thigh in pre season training and rule himself out for the season again. Anything would have to be a pay as you play deal surely or maybe conditions where he has to play so many games to trigger a clause that would give him a contract that did involve weekly wages .

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 17 May 2012 15:17

Owen just seems happy to go to whoever can offer him the most money TBH.

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 17 May 2012 15:18

Extended-Phenotype
dobcheck won't consider dropping down to the Championship.

He can take his tackled-by-grass, OAP arse elsewhere then, the stuck-up brittle-boned lamewit.

To be able to walk into any side Owen, you need to be able to walk.

My thoughts exactly. I hope we go nowhere near him.

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 17 May 2012 15:36

We only have room for one poacher in squad of 25 and that's filled by alfie. Not sure what he would bring as extra other than being a name. this is someone who peaked when burns was manager....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 May 2012 16:18

I'd take Owen like a shot if there was a hint his fitness was acceptable and his wages wouldn't bankrupt us. If he was willing to accept £20k a week I'd take him even with a suspect medical.

But I suspect WAFWBAFBP

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 May 2012 16:24

Ian Royal I'd take Owen like a shot if there was a hint his fitness was acceptable and his wages wouldn't bankrupt us. If he was willing to accept £20k a week I'd take him even with a suspect medical.

But I suspect WAFWBAFBP

Did you just give up on that sentence and start masturbating? What kind of perver PAFPAFAFPPAPFAPPAFF

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 May 2012 16:26

Extended-Phenotype
Ian Royal I'd take Owen like a shot if there was a hint his fitness was acceptable and his wages wouldn't bankrupt us. If he was willing to accept £20k a week I'd take him even with a suspect medical.

But I suspect WAFWBAFBP

Did you just give up on that sentence and start masturbating? What kind of perver PAFPAFAFPPAPFAPPAFF

Thanks. I just nearly choked to death on a crisp whilst laughing. :evil: :lol:

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 17 May 2012 16:41

Tinrib
TBM This rumour rose it head again at the weekend....

I overhead some important looking peeps, in hospitality, at the weekend discussing a "deal to bring Owen in next season now we're in the Premiership"

Hargreaves, Michael, or Sid?

Wilson...?

robbieroyal

by robbieroyal » 17 May 2012 17:51

Cant imagine anyone giving him half decent money.

Pay as you play if he's lucky!?

Wouldn't be suprised if we went in for him.

264 posts