RUMOUR - Curtis Davies

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

RUMOUR - Curtis Davies

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Apr 2012 07:52

From Daily Mirror

Norwich are ready to fight Reading for Birmingham's Curtis Davies if the Blues fail to win promotion.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Speculation - Curtis Davies

by Hoop Blah » 24 Apr 2012 09:15

I kind of hoped we might be in for him when he was available a while back, when he was just coming back from his injuries.

He's got a lot going for him and could still be an excellent defender if he can stay fit and keep focused (I think he used to struggle with the mental side a bit, hence his 'pub footballer' performances at times).

He seems to have had a good season with Birmingham though, and has a bit of Premier League experience, and perhaps more crucially a bit of pace about him, so he could well be a good signing.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 24 Apr 2012 10:18

Just need to be linked with Jay Rodriguez now and that will be all the players in the Team of the Season that will be playing in the Championship next year if they dont leave.

loyalroyalsam

Rumour - Curtis Davies

by loyalroyalsam » 24 Apr 2012 15:03

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Curtis Davies

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 24 Apr 2012 15:11

loyalroyalsam http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Norwich-Reading-target-Curtis-Davies-Birmingham-defender-article894612.html

Mate you are about 9 hours too late ...see down the URG topics ! ps...you arent Jonny Fordham are you ?? :-)

Basingstoke-Royal

by Basingstoke-Royal » 24 Apr 2012 16:34

I was watching him the other day againest west ham and he looks QUALITY

Would be a great signing and just the type of player we should be looking to sign

Would be delighted with this

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Apr 2012 16:40

DOYLERSAROYALER
loyalroyalsam http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Norwich-Reading-target-Curtis-Davies-Birmingham-defender-article894612.html

Mate you are about 9 hours too late ...see down the URG topics ! ps...you arent Jonny Fordham are you ?? :-)

:lol:

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 May 2012 09:28

Now the Blues are out of the play offs and looking a bit shakey financially, I wonder if this one might have some legs...

Not seen enough of him recently to have too much of an opinion on his form but he's always had the physical tools and he's got top flight experience behind him too*.

* My only concern about our apparent targets so far is that very few have that experience and I wonder if we'll get the balance right.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 May 2012 09:50

My main concern about our apparent targets is that they are just apparent.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 10 May 2012 10:52

DOYLERSAROYALER

:lol:

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 10 May 2012 10:55

I would be happy to have him in the Reading team. Would tighten up the defence greatly but there will be one unhappy centre back out of the two who figured regularly last year and I can't see it being Pearce. He would be a starter for us without a doubt.

I know nothing has happened as yet but its good to see us being linked with a lot of players already at this early stage. We're only in May relax its not as if we're approaching the end of august with no players in yet!

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 10 May 2012 11:15

bracksroyal10 Would tighten up the defence greatly

:|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 May 2012 11:17

I'd be happy with Davies. Him and Connolly would strengthen our defence fantastically.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 10 May 2012 12:25

Why the face of worry pea?!

Admittedly slightly injury prone at times but he seems to of had a very good season for Birmingham and I've always held him in high regard. Surely would be an excellent signing and even if he did get injured, Gorks/Pearce whoever it is wouldn't have any difficulty stepping into his place!

But in truth I would rather we make signing a right back a priority. I think Cummings is good enough but we need to have cover there too as we are screwed if he gets injured at all!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 May 2012 12:27

bracksroyal10 Why the face of worry pea?!

Admittedly slightly injury prone at times but he seems to of had a very good season for Birmingham and I've always held him in high regard. Surely would be an excellent signing and even if he did get injured, Gorks/Pearce whoever it is wouldn't have any difficulty stepping into his place!

But in truth I would rather we make signing a right back a priority. I think Cummings is good enough but we need to have cover there too as we are screwed if he gets injured at all!

What about if Gorkss or Pearce get injured though? Where's the cover for them?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 10 May 2012 12:36

I rate him, but I don't think swapping him in for Gorkss would make much difference to be honest. It certainly wouldn't "tighten up the defence greatly", that comment sounds like something a Premier League fan who hasn't watched us play one game this season would say because they heard about Davies when he moved to Aston Villa and they haven't seen Gorkss play. Our defence, and in particular our centre back pairing has been our strength this season and that is what got us promoted. If you had said signing a left back with a bit more pace, or a right back with more experience would tighten up the defence then I might agree but centre back is a different matter.

How much is Davies going to cost, and surely that money is better off spent elsewhere?

for what it is worth, I think I'd prefer Mariappa

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 10 May 2012 12:54

I'd agree with what you are saying about a right back without a doubt I would make it a top priority. Im pretty sure Davies can be deployed as a right back not that its his strongest position but I agree. Mariappa would therefore probably be better suited to us.

Davies probably does possess a little more pace could be wrong though but certainly not the pace required to keep up with the pls top strikers. However there are no central defenders with outstanding pace I can instantly think of that would realistically be within our price range. Would of said Bougherra but there is no chance of that happening!

Coincidently can play both as a centre back and right back too 8)

specialjon

by specialjon » 10 May 2012 12:56

For me a new centre back such as Davies is a must as I'm not sure Pearce will cut it at premiership level, he is just too slow, I really want him to prove me wrong as he is Reading through and through but as was shown on the last match of the season, against some pace he looks like he's running backwards.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 10 May 2012 13:00

Gunter? .......... Seems like his Forest days are numbered as one of their top players its surely only a matter of time before he wants a shot at the PL. Don't know how much the club would want but think Forest are in a bit of a financial situation aren't they?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 10 May 2012 13:35

bracksroyal10 Gunter? .......... Seems like his Forest days are numbered as one of their top players its surely only a matter of time before he wants a shot at the PL. Don't know how much the club would want but think Forest are in a bit of a financial situation aren't they?

Out of contract I think..

not been great this season though, if he gets a shot at the premier league I'd be surprised if it is this year