RUMOUR - Jermaine Defoe

725 posts
Elm Park Pasty

Re: RUMOUR - Jermaine Defoe

by Elm Park Pasty » 10 Jul 2012 15:11

Blakey's Right Peg
bracksroyal10 Can see avb not including him in his plans for Spurs this year tbh but wouldnt be surprised one bit if he went to West Ham

Doubt that to be honest. As far as I can gather Defoe is immensely unpopular at Upton Park.

Memories are long at Wet Sham, and the grumbling on here about Mr Shorey will be nothing to what would be said there. Bailing out the day after relegation whilst saying you are too good for the Championship are not ingredients for a comfy return ticket!

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 10 Jul 2012 15:12

Blakey's Right Peg
bracksroyal10 Can see avb not including him in his plans for Spurs this year tbh but wouldnt be surprised one bit if he went to West Ham

Doubt that to be honest. As far as I can gather Defoe is immensely unpopular at Upton Park.

well, defoe would fit into the west sham philosophy of buying 8 strikers in a 25 man squad that they seem to be going for. they have 4 class strikers and they still want more and defoe definitely is class. it wouldnt matter that he left them once already if its a class striker and he is available they go for it.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 10 Jul 2012 15:19

tbf did just see the article about AVB saying Defoe isn't going to be allowed to leave. Think it would be a big gamble signing considering its only our first year in the prem. If he was free then yes but unfortunately thats not the case.

Finishing wise wouldn't mind if we dipped into the freebies again for Klasnic he was a very natural finisher for Bolton. Even if we only got a season or two out of him if he gets the service he will put a chance away 8/10 if its in the box for him.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 10 Jul 2012 18:54

i just saw on fl's twitter, he retweeted fordham confirmed that reading was in talks with defoe. i dont know how accurate it is but i sure hope we are!

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 10 Jul 2012 19:11

I don't know how genuine the talk is of a deal being agreed with club and player, but I may have posted it on here earlier, we did speak to Spurs many weeks ago but apparently scoffed at Defoe's wages. Then we enquired about a loan, but it went quiet again. Then this reared it's head again a couple of weeks ago, before today's claims of a deal agreed and it now being up to the player.

@SkyJohnnyP seems to be a genuine account, and he has confirmed a deal is being prepared.

There will be some big clubs after him. Always the pessimist, I just can't see him opting to come here - but I hope he does. He would be an amazing signing.

themadstad

by themadstad » 10 Jul 2012 19:15

Nothing more than a rumour, totally unrealistic for a few reasons.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 10 Jul 2012 19:20

themadstad Nothing more than a rumour, totally unrealistic for a few reasons.

Perhaps so, but our intent is clear, if not a tad over ambitious at this stage.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 10 Jul 2012 19:47

As much as I would Love to see this happen I struggle to believe there is any truth beyond the idea that BM would love to sign him.

That said, Pog sounded impossible and Guthrie unlikely so who knows?

Whatever, how much do we have Jason Robertas to thank with regards appeal to players with comments about what an amazing club we are and that it's the best dressing room he's ever known ?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Jul 2012 19:55

I expect the interest is true but that the deal won't happen.

Good player though, would do well.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 10 Jul 2012 20:06

Sorry but I fail to see what the attention seeking idiot would bring to our team ethic.
OK might score a few goals here and there but personally I would rather have young hungry players rather than Mercenaries who will only play for us providing their wage deals are met.
Give me ALF any day.

I understand that no one plays for peanuts and that Ruski fella has only come to us because we will pay him more than Fulham.
However all this sort of stuff brings disharmony to the team. (QPR being a prime example).

Not for me thanks.

Waiting for the flak! :roll:

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 10 Jul 2012 20:23

SHORT AND CURLY Sorry but I fail to see what the attention seeking idiot would bring to our team ethic.
OK might score a few goals here and there but personally I would rather have young hungry players rather than Mercenaries who will only play for us providing their wage deals are met.
Give me ALF any day.

I understand that no one plays for peanuts and that Ruski fella has only come to us because we will pay him more than Fulham.
However all this sort of stuff brings disharmony to the team. (QPR being a prime example).

Not for me thanks.

Waiting for the flak! :roll:

Sensible post warning

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 10 Jul 2012 21:03

@Stuart_Roach:

Hearing with increasing credibility that Jermain Defoe to ‪#Readingfc‬ is ON.

:?

TheVeryLoyalRoyal

by TheVeryLoyalRoyal » 10 Jul 2012 21:03

Blakey's Right Peg @Stuart_Roach:

The writer of Steve Coppell On a Wing and a Prayer http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1848 ... d_i=468294

I think he may know something :shock:

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 10 Jul 2012 21:16

Could arnie_pie steal the ITK crown with this one?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Jul 2012 21:17

Blakey's Right Peg @Stuart_Roach:

It must be true if Stuart Roach says it is.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 10 Jul 2012 21:38

Do I start melting now?

UpThePrem

by UpThePrem » 10 Jul 2012 21:47

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 10 Jul 2012 21:53

UpThePrem http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/transfer-talk/news/reading-prepare-gbp12m-defoe-bid_33972.html

£12m???????????

You should know not to believe what media sources claim to be the fee and wages. It always guess work unless a club confirms otherwise. Just look at Pogrebnyak ---> £65k a week...... No!! Half that. I would expect it's around the £6-7m mark and similar wages to that offered to Hoilett (rumoured to be £45k - allegedly out limit, plus various bonus')

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 10 Jul 2012 22:01

Big ego
Big transfer fee
Big wages
Small resale value

Sign him up.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 10 Jul 2012 22:03

Jay o/
UpThePrem http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/transfer-talk/news/reading-prepare-gbp12m-defoe-bid_33972.html

£12m???????????

You should know not to believe what media sources claim to be the fee and wages. It always guess work unless a club confirms otherwise. Just look at Pogrebnyak ---> £65k a week...... No!! Half that. I would expect it's around the £6-7m mark and similar wages to that offered to Hoilett (rumoured to be £45k - allegedly out limit, plus various bonus')

...still more than enough to give Mad a massive cardiac ........that's many coats cut from the
cloth :D

725 posts