RUMOUR - Jermaine Defoe

725 posts
Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

RUMOUR - Jermaine Defoe

by Arnie_Pie » 26 Apr 2012 17:48

Heard from someone on the inside, that Tottenham have been approached about his availability. Now this same person said Wolves have also been approached about Kevin Doyle, so it seems just a tentative inquiry at the moment and by no means the only target to bolster the strike force.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jermaine Defoe

by Mike Hunt » 26 Apr 2012 17:56

Arnie_Pie Heard from someone on the inside, that Tottenham have been approached about his availability. Now this same person said Wolves have also been approached about Kevin Doyle, so it seems just a tentative inquiry at the moment and by no means the only target to bolster the strike force.

Not sure if srs?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Jermaine Defoe

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Apr 2012 18:23

LOL at Defoe and reading being mentioned in the same sentence (unless it is to signal him scoring against us)

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 26 Apr 2012 18:27

T'is a true one this. I do not post rumours normally but this came from a very good source. They could be talking bollox to me though. :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Apr 2012 19:33

Bit washed up, big wages. Can't see it myself, don't see how he'd be particularly hungry for a mid-table campaign or how we'd manage to pay him.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Apr 2012 19:36

Ian Royal Bit washed up, big wages. Can't see it myself, don't see how he'd be particularly hungry for a mid-table campaign or how we'd manage to pay him.

Bit washed up? Defoe has a very good scoring record and is frustrated at his lack of game time. I don't think for one second we could tempt him here, but then he did play for Portsmouth! If we got him then there would be no problem with his hunger levels. He just wants to play!

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 26 Apr 2012 19:41

Ian Royal Bit washed up, big wages. Can't see it myself, don't see how he'd be particularly hungry for a mid-table campaign or how we'd manage to pay him.

Why so quick to write off wages? If Europe is eventually the goal then we will need players like this eventually. We have the money from promotion and Anton + Daddy - we don't know what the level of investment will be yet but don't write things off because of wages...

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 26 Apr 2012 19:42

Ian Royal Bit washed up, big wages.

I would hardly say that. 10 Goals from 23 Premiership starts aint that bad.16 Goals from 36 starts so far this season in all competitions.

Ian Royal Can't see it myself, don't see how he'd be particularly hungry for a mid-table campaign.

He was at Pompey not so long ago and did well. Not exacly the biggest club, plus he is not a regular starter for Spurs, maybe somthing to prove.

Ian Royal how we'd manage to pay him.

Probably with the vast monies the Premiership brings in as well as from the resources of the prospective new owner. You should read the news m8, that Anton blokes family have got a quid or 2.

After saying all that, can´t see it happening though.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 26 Apr 2012 19:45

tbf he would be a sensational signing. only 29 and at least 3/4 seasons left at the top, proven goalscorer. that said I can't see him being interested in joining us both in terms of money we could offer and desire to play for a club that won't be challenging the big boys.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 26 Apr 2012 19:51

Would love this to happen. Doubt it will, but would love it if it did.

Elliott

by Elliott » 26 Apr 2012 20:04

Why would he move? :|

Adebayor is only on loan at spurs so might not be there next season.
Defoe doesn't know who will be spurs manager next season, if Harry goes then Defoe might become the first choice striker with the new manager.
He might be playing for a champions league team next season.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give this a solid unlikely.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Apr 2012 20:06

He's the Premier League Alfie - so if we did get him it wouldn't be good news for Alf

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 26 Apr 2012 20:09

'greed. If we signed Defoe I think Alfie would be entitled to ask: 'What's it all about?'

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Apr 2012 20:12

Norfolk Royal 'greed. If we signed Defoe I think Alfie would be entitled to ask: 'What's it all about?'

Is there not room for two? If we signed Doyle (grafter, runs the channels when needed, wins headers etc), is Noel Hunt also entitled to ask "what's it all about?" too? At the end of the day it's all about improving the team. If we could get someone like Defoe then I'm sure we wouldn't hesitate to do so.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 26 Apr 2012 20:14

Friday's Legacy
Norfolk Royal 'greed. If we signed Defoe I think Alfie would be entitled to ask: 'What's it all about?'

Is there not room for two? If we signed Doyle (grafter, runs the channels when needed, wins headers etc), is Noel Hunt also entitled to ask "what's it all about?" too? At the end of the day it's all about improving the team. If we could get someone like Defoe then I'm sure we wouldn't hesitate to do so.

May be a whoosh but.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48oLsDImC5A

:wink:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Apr 2012 20:16

Friday's Legacy

Why have you assumed that I wouldn't do it ?
Improving the squad is exactly the right thing to do, but everyone else moves down the pecking order.
We will be limited to a 25 man squad - on that basis, no, there is not room for two.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Apr 2012 20:18

Franchise FC
Friday's Legacy

Why have you assumed that I wouldn't do it ?
Improving the squad is exactly the right thing to do, but everyone else moves down the pecking order.
We will be limited to a 25 man squad - on that basis, no, there is not room for two.

I've clearly responded to Norfolk Royal there.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 26 Apr 2012 20:20

Friday's Legacy I've clearly responded to Norfolk Royal there.

Ok, Ok - trigger happy 'cos I'm not concentrating properly.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 26 Apr 2012 21:22

Yes please. IMO he should be going to Euro 2012 so I'd take him at Reading any day. Absolute goalscorer which is what we need (in addition to ALF).

robinsfriday

by robinsfriday » 26 Apr 2012 21:59

Washed up? 70% of the clubs in the PL wouldn't say so.

725 posts