Rumour - Sebatian Boenisch

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Sebatian Boenisch

by blythspartan » 01 Jul 2012 18:48

I am not sure if this would be a good signing, as he was pretty unassuming at the euro's, although that isn't always a bad thing. On a separate matter how may players do you think we will sign before the new season starts. If you believe all the rumours, we will end up with a whole new team. I personally think we will sign 7 new players.

royalhaven

by royalhaven » 02 Jul 2012 15:37

blythspartan I am not sure if this would be a good signing, as he was pretty unassuming at the euro's, although that isn't always a bad thing. On a separate matter how may players do you think we will sign before the new season starts. If you believe all the rumours, we will end up with a whole new team. I personally think we will sign 7 new players.

I would have thought 5 at most but the prevailing opinion would agree with you. But if all 7 or more that come in are "improvements" to the squad and not just cover, it does not bode well for "playing as a team and for each other" next session. This worries me greatly.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 02 Jul 2012 15:47

royalhaven
blythspartan I am not sure if this would be a good signing, as he was pretty unassuming at the euro's, although that isn't always a bad thing. On a separate matter how may players do you think we will sign before the new season starts. If you believe all the rumours, we will end up with a whole new team. I personally think we will sign 7 new players.

I would have thought 5 at most but the prevailing opinion would agree with you. But if all 7 or more that come in are "improvements" to the squad and not just cover, it does not bode well for "playing as a team and for each other" next session. This worries me greatly.

I must admit you aren't the only one that is concerned about this development. As the team became accustomed to mutual support throughout the year, you would wonder how a change of personnel would disrupt the fluentcy. Having said that, players such as Mills, ALFIE and Roberts were added throughout the season, so once again it may depend on how well Brian can make everyone feel as if they are part of the squad rather than forgotten about.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 02 Jul 2012 18:58

I am a little concerned about how too many new players may affect the team but at the same time it's great to see Reading linked with some of the names being banded about. I believe the club does a lot of in depth work around finding the right fit, so I trust their judgement. "WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE", still love saying it.