Brett Williams on Loan to St Johnstone

Saaaaaaaammmmmm

Brett Williams on Loan to St Johnstone

by Saaaaaaaammmmmm » 07 Jul 2012 13:28

Brett just tweeted that he's off to Scotland for a one week trial with the SPL club with a view to a loan. Definitely the right choice as he was never gonna be in our 25-man squad, and although the SPL may be viewed as a terrible league, it's pretty decent when you consider he was playing for Eastleigh a couple of seasons ago.
Best of luck to him and if he does outstanding then we'll have him back, if not, we never really lost too much on him

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brett Williams on Loan to St Johnstone

by ankeny » 07 Jul 2012 14:11

Saaaaaaaammmmmm Brett just tweeted that he's off to Scotland for a one week trial with the SPL club with a view to a loan. Definitely the right choice as he was never gonna be in our 25-man squad, and although the SPL may be viewed as a terrible league, it's pretty decent when you consider he was playing for Eastleigh a couple of seasons ago.
Best of luck to him and if he does outstanding then we'll have him back, if not, we never really lost too much on him

+1

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 07 Jul 2012 15:13

He will be well looked after by St Johnstone

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 07 Jul 2012 15:18

Meltdown!!

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 07 Jul 2012 20:31

Worst thing for him was us going up to be honest. SPL is not viewed as a terrible league. It is one.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 07 Jul 2012 20:59

biscuitman Worst thing for him was us going up to be honest. SPL is not viewed as a terrible league. It is one.

That may be the case but if accepted by St Johnstone he might get europa league experience so far from a bad thing.

Stolp

by Stolp » 08 Jul 2012 08:30

My favourite Scottish team good luck to him

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Jul 2012 08:54

Bit of a step down from Eastleigh.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Jul 2012 13:29

don't know why we don't just try sell him, he will never make the grade to play in the prem for us

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 08 Jul 2012 14:57

If he doesn't score goals in Scotland he should retire.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Jul 2012 16:18

loyalroyal4life don't know why we don't just try sell him, he will never make the grade to play in the prem for us

Just remind me. What qualifies you to have a better opinion on this than the Manager and his team?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2012 19:02

loyalroyal4life don't know why we don't just try sell him, he will never make the grade to play in the prem for us

Because someone would have to want to buy him for an amount we considered good enough.

We don't lose a lot by keeping him for his contract and by loaning him out we increase the chance of improving him to the point we might make use of him (we won't necessarily survive in the PL) / getting a decent price for him / helping him develop to further his career elsewhere.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 09 Jul 2012 07:47

West Stand Man

Just remind me. What qualifies you to have a better opinion on this than the Manager and his team?

What evidence do you have that BM currently thinks he is good enough to play in the Prem?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Jul 2012 08:05

Platypuss
West Stand Man

What evidence do you have that BM currently thinks he is good enough to play in the Prem?

I don't. However they have not made any obvious attempts to ship him out permanently. It might be possible to infer something there.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 09 Jul 2012 08:24

West Stand Man
Platypuss What evidence do you have that BM currently thinks he is good enough to play in the Prem?

I don't.

Thanks.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 09 Jul 2012 08:27

from the St Johnstone forum

Brett Williams from Reading started the first half and showed he has a presence and pace. He did relatively well, before tiring badly.

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 09 Jul 2012 10:09

You're quick to judge ......

If I remember correctly didn't Beckford make his name in a similar way? Pretty sure he might of even played for Eastleigh too!

When you think the SPL is probably league 1 standard as well I'd say its a good platform for him to start from and im quite sure St Johnstone will be challenging in the top half of the league once again.

Good luck to the guy and I hope it works out well for him.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 09 Jul 2012 13:02

bracksroyal10

You're quick to judge ......

If I remember correctly didn't Beckford make his name in a similar way? Pretty sure he might of even played for Eastleigh too!

When you think the SPL is probably league 1 standard as well I'd say its a good platform for him to start from and im quite sure St Johnstone will be challenging in the top half of the league once again.

Good luck to the guy and I hope it works out well for him.

I would say that his move may occur but he needs to improve his fitness.. St Johnstone are trying to strengthen this year and build on the top 6 position from last year. They can do this because the chairman has refused to mortgage the clubs future and has cut his cloth accordingly. Its possible that he may well get a game in Europe.

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 09 Jul 2012 13:07

bigmike from the St Johnstone forum

Brett Williams from Reading started the first half and showed he has a presence and pace. He did relatively well, before tiring badly.

Is it me, or does he look a bit like Rodgers?

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 09 Jul 2012 13:10

Isn't Ian Wright one of the best examples of a late developer? Didn't he play non-league until his mid twenties? He turned out ok as far as I can recall.

We have not heard anything about the club looking to move him on. We all accept the SPL is pretty dire, but as was stated in the Rangers players thread, some of the football played is of a Championship level. This maybe a way to get a player experience of a higher level than he has previously played without the hassle. If he can do well in Scotland then he may be judged at having developed to Championship level, and it may make it a more attractive proposition for Championship clubs to loan him then he is at the moment, thus aiding his development further. It may also be an attempt by the club to put him into a scenario where he should be able to get a few goals, provided he is good enough.