Rumour - Jordan Ayew

208 posts
Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rumour - Jordan Ayew

by Compo's Hat » 26 Aug 2012 19:42

http://www.sport24.com/football/transfe ... -om-580762

President of OM, Vincent Labrune, told our colleagues from Canal + that Stéphane Mbia will play against Montpellier his last match with Marseille. The midfielder is leaving for England including Queens Park Rangers. Same for Jordan Ayew, close to commit to Reading.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Aug 2012 20:02

Compo's Hat http://www.sport24.com/football/transferts/fil-info/mbia-la-der-avec-l-om-580762

President of OM, Vincent Labrune, told our colleagues from Canal + that Stéphane Mbia will play against Montpellier his last match with Marseille. The midfielder is leaving for England including Queens Park Rangers. Same for Jordan Ayew, close to commit to Reading.

How reliable is that website? As reliable as the nonsense from the Italian press regarding Inzaghi..?

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 26 Aug 2012 20:08

According to the quote it says the Marseilles chairman has announced the departure.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 26 Aug 2012 20:37

If it's come from TV then it should be reliable. Not sure if they've just added Ayew at the end or he was asked.

Canal + were showing Marseille's trip to Montpellier earlier. J Ayew came off the bench (wasn't watching properly so no idea how he played).

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 26 Aug 2012 21:49

"Stephane M'Bia will be joining QPR on loan, Marseille have confirmed"

If that's true then it backs up the link from their president, so Ayew could well be on his way.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 26 Aug 2012 22:01

Church is waiting to join Ipswich on loan, but the wait is because we are signing a new striker. Might all add up.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 26 Aug 2012 22:36

Please let this happen.... seems like a real talent.
Nice goal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffONHsIyyg awful defending though

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Aug 2012 23:10

akranes Please let this happen.... seems like a real talent.
Nice goal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bffONHsIyyg awful defending though

:|

TheRoyalJoe

by TheRoyalJoe » 27 Aug 2012 00:37

Club President has now came out and said that "Jordan is close to committing to Reading".
http://www.sport24.com/football/transfe ... -om-580762

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Aug 2012 00:47

Already posted ^

TheRoyalJoe

by TheRoyalJoe » 27 Aug 2012 01:08

Apologies, don't know how i missed it :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

GSY-Royal

by GSY-Royal » 27 Aug 2012 11:44

I'd cream myself if we signed him. Great player.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/trans ... ayew_90957

Sounds like Saints and Nice are involved too. 5m euro is the quoted figure.

Girdler_Massive

by Girdler_Massive » 27 Aug 2012 13:25

Latest from Eurosport - dodgy translation using google translate:

"English club Reading is the forcing for his coming. According to our information, emissaries were present in the stands La Mosson. Reading offers four million for Jordan Ayew. OM on deaf ears because it relies on him. But if an offensive player arrives (Kakuta?), It will mean the departure of Jordan Ayew."

Seems pretty conclusive that the clubs met yesterday - I can see why Marseille would be reluctant to let him go with his potential and being a key back-up player so it's likely that waiting for a replacement before finalising it is what's holding things up. And that could well depend on Kakuta joining Marseille: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/08/27/ ... uta/67765/

Ayew wants to leave because he wants a guaranteed starting place. So Reading must be offering him that, which I guess means he'll be brought in to play off and around the Pog. I like the sound of that - it would add another dimension to our attacking options which I think is needed. Potential bargain here - hope this goes through.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 27 Aug 2012 13:30

Girdler_Massive Latest from Eurosport - dodgy translation using google translate:

"English club Reading is the forcing for his coming. According to our information, emissaries were present in the stands La Mosson. Reading offers four million for Jordan Ayew. OM on deaf ears because it relies on him. But if an offensive player arrives (Kakuta?), It will mean the departure of Jordan Ayew."

Seems pretty conclusive that the clubs met yesterday - I can see why Marseille would be reluctant to let him go with his potential and being a key back-up player so it's likely that waiting for a replacement before finalising it is what's holding things up. And that could well depend on Kakuta joining Marseille: http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/08/27/ ... uta/67765/

Ayew wants to leave because he wants a guaranteed starting place. So Reading must be offering him that, which I guess means he'll be brought in to play off and around the Pog. I like the sound of that - it would add another dimension to our attacking options which I think is needed. Potential bargain here - hope this goes through.

I agree 100%, though I can't imagine us saying we will, or giving him a first team place.

Girdler_Massive

by Girdler_Massive » 27 Aug 2012 13:45

akranes
Girdler_Massive Latest from Eurosport - dodgy translation using google translate:

I agree 100%, though I can't imagine us saying we will, or giving him a first team place.

True, I suppose no team would guarantee it, but they must be saying to him that' he'd feature regularly or something like that. Logically, they have to give him certain guarantees about playing time otherwise the transfer would've been a non-starter given that's the only reason given so far for him wanting to leave Marseille. The rumoured Southampton interest is a bit of a concern given the amount of money thy've got and are willing to spend.

Girdler_Massive

by Girdler_Massive » 27 Aug 2012 16:09

I also read that his contract expires in June next year so that might also explain why Marseille are willing to let him go.This better not be his way of getting an improved contract! He wouldn't go on a Bosman because of his age but I suppose they'd get more for him now compared to next year.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 27 Aug 2012 18:05

I would really love it if we signed ayew. He's only 20 and he plays in one of the best leagues in the world for a great team. His scoring record isnt that bad for a winger either.maybe mcdermott could turn him into a solid striker.

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 27 Aug 2012 18:29

USA_Loyal_Royal I would really love it if we signed ayew. He's only 20 and he plays in one of the best leagues in the world for a great team. His scoring record isnt that bad for a winger either.maybe mcdermott could turn him into a solid striker.

JORDAN Ayew is a striker, his older brother, André, is a winger.....
Also - is Ligue 1 really that good?

E. Andrew

by E. Andrew » 27 Aug 2012 18:31

Another Ayew mention, though they seem a bit behind on the Church news. Don't know how much stock I put in it.

http://www.reading.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... p?a=291501

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 27 Aug 2012 18:32

Hazard played in Ligue 1 and, despite my reservations, having watched him play I think he may be one of the best players in the Premier League at the moment.

Debuchy also plays in Ligue 1 and he's got lots of praise. I'd be able to think of more if I had a little more time.

208 posts