Official Deadline Day Thread......

614 posts
Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Official Deadline Day Thread......

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Aug 2012 15:42

Sounds like Jem's off to West Ham

Jem Karacan ‏@JemKaracan4
Landaaan traffic! Never gets any better! However my right arms getting a woooooldy tan!

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 31 Aug 2012 15:42

gazzer, loyal royal talk of Church on loan as part of the Zaha deal, from a palace mate at work

We've just taken their best player, it's a bit harsh punishing them further etc etc etc

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 31 Aug 2012 15:43

Well at least Church would be better in defence for them than their signing of Delaney :|

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 31 Aug 2012 15:44

gazzer, loyal royal talk of Church on loan as part of the Zaha deal, from a palace mate at work

That backs up Friday's Legacy. I really hope we get him. an exciting signing if so but I just can't see it.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 31 Aug 2012 15:44

I thought you were ITK, not your 'palace mate' :D

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 31 Aug 2012 15:48

Even Jem is an ITK.

Jem Karacan (@JemKaracan4)
31/08/2012 15:40
#flameyrumours #deadlineday gabriel batistuta just been seen in reading nandos?!

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 31 Aug 2012 15:49

LoyalRoyalFan

I thought you were ITK, not your 'palace mate' :D

Its his palace 'mate' that's ITK, he just follows him around.

JS28ZoD

by JS28ZoD » 31 Aug 2012 15:53

cmonurz
JS28ZoD Where has the Powell speculation come from? In my opinion it would be a worthwhile signing, a player with bags of ability and will definitely be a star one day. Is he good enough right now to make a difference? Who knows, but it is certainly worth a gamble especially considering I doubt we will pay a penny for his services on loan.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

Lower leagues mentality.

That's the problem with the premier league, why are fans not happy unless we throw millions away?

Powell is a class player, I was gutted when he chose to go to Man Utd for £4m as I would of loved to see him in a Reading shirt. But now we can have him for free on loan for at least a season and people are dissappointed?!... Bizarre.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 31 Aug 2012 15:58

Dare to Dr£am

That backs up Friday's Legacy. I really hope we get him. an exciting signing if so but I just can't see it.

FL and Gazza givin me a hardon. trying to skim read twitter and work is proving difficult. people here think i'm in a mood today because i keep huffing when they ask me to do them a favour.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

leave me alone so i can read the interspaz.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 31 Aug 2012 15:58

Spending money is a reality of being in this league. That was my point. We got here before and, imho, threw it away for lack of investment.

One day, one transfer window, we will HAVE to be the club that pays a few million each for some quality players – that is if we genuinely want to establish ourselves in this league.

Yeah, Powell might be great, but his potential signing (that does appear to just be rumours) gets a massive *shrug* from me, not exciting at all.

The players I want to see coming in are the likes of Rhodes and Zaha – quality young players who will cost us a bit, but are coveted by a number of clubs. And we look at the player, and the cost, and those other clubs and we say ‘no, we want him at Reading’, and we do what we have to do to secure his signature.

That’s not throwing millions away, it’s investing in this league and our future.

hashtagthepog

by hashtagthepog » 31 Aug 2012 16:02

cmonurz Spending money is a reality of being in this league. That was my point. We got here before and, imho, threw it away for lack of investment.

One day, one transfer window, we will HAVE to be the club that pays a few million each for some quality players – that is if we genuinely want to establish ourselves in this league.

Yeah, Powell might be great, but his potential signing (that does appear to just be rumours) gets a massive *shrug* from me, not exciting at all.

The players I want to see coming in are the likes of Rhodes and Zaha – quality young players who will cost us a bit, but are coveted by a number of clubs. And we look at the player, and the cost, and those other clubs and we say ‘no, we want him at Reading’, and we do what we have to do to secure his signature.

That’s not throwing millions away, it’s investing in this league and our future.

+1

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 31 Aug 2012 16:03

cmonurz Spending money is a reality of being in this league. That was my point. We got here before and, imho, threw it away for lack of investment.

Good post, although Rhodes is very unproven at any sort of high level.

Worst case scenario is going to be seeing the likes of Southampton, Wigan, Villa, West Ham etc bringing some big players in before 11pm.
We can't rely on our 2nd half of the season form this year and should be making sure we've got everything we need now if we are serious about stopping in this league.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 31 Aug 2012 16:05

WARNING - SENSIBLE POST ALERT

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Aug 2012 16:10

didnt we pay a few million for quality players, but did it way before the window giving them time to settle and gel with the squad in pre season?

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 31 Aug 2012 16:11

I would absolutely love us to sign Zaha (I can't see why not?). I am all for the way that we run the club but we are certainly lacking such a young exciting talent as this, for the sheer financial benefits of survival this year i can't see why we wouldn't gamble on him (unless Palace do a Hudds/Rhodes), he may prove to be that added bit of quality that banks us £? million and cements our future, and another season in the top flight. Although, as usual i shall follow our sacred shepherd McDermott off into the dark and mysterious horizon.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 31 Aug 2012 16:12

cmonurz, good effort mate but you lost me way earlier when you said you'd cream yourself if we sign Ryan "failed everywhere he's been despite picking up a massive wage" Babel... :roll:

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 31 Aug 2012 16:16

We need to sign a few signings to strengthen the squad

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 31 Aug 2012 16:17

pea cmonurz, good effort mate but you lost me way earlier when you said you'd cream yourself if we sign Ryan "failed everywhere he's been despite picking up a massive wage" Babel... :roll:

Well I always had a blind spot for Rougier, Babel is his next incarnation. More talent in his little toe than most players, just needs someone to harness it.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 31 Aug 2012 16:19

melonhead
didnt we pay a few million for quality players, but did it way before the window giving them time to settle and gel with the squad in pre season?

We paid 2.5m each for two players. More please.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 31 Aug 2012 16:19

ManchesterRoyals We need to sign a few signings to strengthen the squad

7 not enough?

614 posts