Official Deadline Day Thread......

614 posts
Lacoste

Re: Official Deadline Day Thread......

by Lacoste » 29 Nov 2012 13:14

andrew1957
Ian Royal No one has needed 40 points to stay up in the last 10 years. About the most its been is 38.

Agreed 9 wins and a couple of draws would do but at the current rate we are on target for just 3 wins.

Football isn't that scientific. If it was, they would crown the champions in November.

Royal Bahamas

by Royal Bahamas » 29 Nov 2012 18:50

Ian Royal No one has needed 40 points to stay up in the last 10 years. About the most its been is 38.

Understood. I believe the Avg. Point of Survival has been 36.7 Points, however most teams look at 40 Points as being the 'Magic Number'. Even then this does not guarantee survival, as there have been teams that have gone down with more points than this.

Just looking at what we should be aiming as a minimum,......and expect to go for more!

Altogether now......."Always look on the bright side of life......."

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 29 Nov 2012 23:04

get a grip we haven't played either of the top two yet and with over a third of the season gone with 9 points at best 25 points would be a miracle.

Get ready for the Madejski cloth cutting, the scissors are out :roll:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Nov 2012 02:19

Libertine We need to reassess how we got here and have a coherent strategy for the future. The players we brought in, who were supposed to be the difference makers for us this season, didn't fit with our style and likewise haven't made an impact. If we are going to play a direct style bring in players with the skill set to play that kind of game, and likewise bring in the right players if we plan to play a more passing oriented game. Why we brought in players like Guthrie and Pogrebnyak, who weren't a good fit for our direct style, comes down to McDermott and Hammond. McCleary still might come good but the only good pick-up we made during the summer was Shorey, ironically, a pick-up many people scoffed at, and some ridiculed, at the time.

That's the thing isn't it. BR tried to change the style of play with no success whatever. BMcD found a way to be successful but only during the second half of the season. I get the distinct feeling that the Club does not know which way to turn. Throwing a load of money at the January window in an attempt to escape relegation is not the Reading way. There is too much mediocrity in the squad for there to be any immediate improvement or change in style of play. Victims of our own success? Quite possibly as it has created false optimism and raised expectations. But when does BMcD look to change they way the game is played? Now? New Year? After the window shuts? Or wait until cast adrift?

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 11 Dec 2012 21:51

Tamworth_Royal
MmmMonsterMunch Cast you mind back to this time last year....

We'd just lost the play-off final, sold Mills, sold Long & the cloth cutting was in full swing.

DESPITE all that we went on to miraculously win the league, we've not had to sell any players to balance the books & have signed some fcuking good players. We are in the PL FFS - way beyond even the most optimistic RFC fan's expectation!!

Some people need to stop moaning & get a fcuking grip on reality seriously.

I wouldn't even say I am a happy clapper fan far from it but fcuk me some people are never bloody happy! I think it's encouraging that the new owners actually want to secure a long term future for the club & not spunk money on players they can't afford.

This is the Premiership the big boys league to compete you have to spend and with Anton brainwashed by Madejski we are in big trouble

Wise comments back in the lazy hazy day's of summer.

It was then even unconcievable that MCD and the board thought they had a strong enough squad to do anything in this league, well Brian you had the chance to do something and you failed badly. Still nice to see how most of the fans agree I was right even back in August and in 2007. Madejski way is the reading and weep way when it comes to the Premiership :roll:

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 11 Dec 2012 23:47

In my defence I had no idea we'd be as shite as we are. :lol: I don't think anyone REALLY did, did they?

Come on...really?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Dec 2012 11:26

TheSiege Yes. I did!

Don't be so needlessly contrary.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 01 May 2013 19:24

John Peel
Tamworth_Royal If the Peterborough game in which we played a full strength team wasn't a wake up call, then god help us.

You lot really don't get what the Premiership is all about do you. Do you think Tabb, Hunt HKR are going to change matches from the bench !.

You've been Madejski brainwashed.

See you all in 9 months agreeing with Madejski's cloth cutting :roll:

Incredible isn't it. Or maybe we're just pessimistic bast@rds. I would LOVE to be proved wrong of course.

You weren't

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 01 May 2013 19:27

winchester_royal
Royal Lady Or McD is perfectly capable within the constraints afforded to him, the new owners are rich, but this is a business to them, not a hobby and they're not spending shite loads of money because they want to make profits. Maybe. Who knows? :|

Money was available though. We were prepared to spend 5 million on Zaha...

Anton didn't give Brian a 'budget' as such, but there was money there if we found the right deal that we wanted to do.

We brought in 7 senior players, any more and we may well have upset the team dynamic that served us so well.

It's pretty obvious that BMc is very happy with the business he's done this summer, he thinks we've got enough to stay up, and so do I.

LOL Winchester yet again

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 01 May 2013 19:29

Ian Royal Has anyone else noticed how the likes of Tamworth, Crowthorne, West Stand Flash, SDR et al only turn up when we're doing badly / expected to do badly? They revel in doom and despair.... they're like the four horsemen of relegation, only with a problem with prematurity.

Would you like a saddle Ian ?

your problem is you comment on everything and know nothing lol

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 May 2013 19:51

Tamworth_Royal
winchester_royal
Royal Lady Or McD is perfectly capable within the constraints afforded to him, the new owners are rich, but this is a business to them, not a hobby and they're not spending shite loads of money because they want to make profits. Maybe. Who knows? :|

Money was available though. We were prepared to spend 5 million on Zaha...

Anton didn't give Brian a 'budget' as such, but there was money there if we found the right deal that we wanted to do.

We brought in 7 senior players, any more and we may well have upset the team dynamic that served us so well.

It's pretty obvious that BMc is very happy with the business he's done this summer, he thinks we've got enough to stay up, and so do I.

LOL Winchester yet again

8)

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 01 May 2013 21:39

:wink:

Do you agree with a clear out this summer ?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 May 2013 21:44

I'll agree with whatever Nigel does... :wink:

I will admit to being wrong about last summer though :oops:

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 03 May 2013 23:55

winchester_royal I'll agree with whatever Nigel does... :wink:

I will admit to being wrong about last summer though :oops:

Fair play to you winchester I now have respect

614 posts