Transfer Deadline Day. Real intel only!

525 posts
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Transfer Deadline Day. Real intel only!

by melonhead » 04 Feb 2013 12:22

cmonurz If we didn't voice opinions without the full facts, this discussion board would cease to exist. No-one knows everything that goes on behind the scenes, so we all form our opinions based on snippets of information we do have. It's not exactly unreasonable to assume that when transfers 'just don't work out', that the fee may be a stumbling block, given our well publicised approach and, relative to everyone else in the division, our low record transfer fee.

And anyway, that accusation from you...? Really? :wink:

if you take the born of ignorance bit off, it seems utterly correct

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 04 Feb 2013 12:30

melonhead
cmonurz If we didn't voice opinions without the full facts, this discussion board would cease to exist. No-one knows everything that goes on behind the scenes, so we all form our opinions based on snippets of information we do have. It's not exactly unreasonable to assume that when transfers 'just don't work out', that the fee may be a stumbling block, given our well publicised approach and, relative to everyone else in the division, our low record transfer fee.

And anyway, that accusation from you...? Really? :wink:

if you take the born of ignorance bit off, it seems utterly correct

Utterly agreed, I'm making an assumption based on a few snippets of information and my gut feeling. Same as everyone else.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 04 Feb 2013 15:19

i only deal in FACT

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 07 Feb 2013 19:21

cmonurz If we didn't voice opinions without the full facts, this discussion board would cease to exist.:

Absolutely spot on cmonurz.

Mods sadly seem more intent on merging threads into unmanageably long mega threads than cracking down on personal rude attacks because different opinions are shared. How often does someone say something, only for certain folk to jump in with bizarre uncalled for foul mouthed attacks because they don't agree.

It's meant to be a discussion board but it's more like a playground in a Tourette's school, which is why I don't bother posting much. Its not to do with manning up, it's more to do with growing up.

Your opinions, if respectful, are always very welcome even if completely opposite to mine ;)

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 08 Feb 2013 10:13

2 world wars, 1 world cup
cmonurz If we didn't voice opinions without the full facts, this discussion board would cease to exist.:

Absolutely spot on cmonurz.

Mods sadly seem more intent on merging threads into unmanageably long mega threads than cracking down on personal rude attacks because different opinions are shared. How often does someone say something, only for certain folk to jump in with bizarre uncalled for foul mouthed attacks because they don't agree.

It's meant to be a discussion board but it's more like a playground in a Tourette's school, which is why I don't bother posting much. Its not to do with manning up, it's more to do with growing up.

Your opinions, if respectful, are always very welcome even if completely opposite to mine ;)

i disagree

*insert personal, rude, uncalled for foul mouthed attack here*

525 posts