2013 Summer Transfer Window

801 posts
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: New Striker. Who?

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Jul 2013 16:16

NewCorkSeth John Guidetti on loan for the season. This guy is quality and would be a great interim signing as we are trying to bounce straight back up and if we manage that would attract better players than we would now. Most names out there look quite expensive an I think it would make more sense to spend 6 million on a player when we are promoted..

Newcastle bought quality players from abroad for cheap prices and we could attract those type of players if we not only win the championship but also put on a strong showing in the cups.

Yeh i would be happy with that! He looked awesome in his loan spell at Feyenoord. Good Suggestion. Think he would be looking for a bigger move though to be honest.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2013 16:18

Probably :/ but hes the best rumour I've heard so far! Austin and Hooper are over priced and less likely to join.. wouldnt say no to either of them tho!

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 06 Jul 2013 16:19

We got one,Karl Shephard,scored goals in Europe but so far have not been given much of a chance.Try him out in a couple of friendly games,you never know,the lad could come good.Thats if he is not injured or even gone by now,I haven't a clue where he is.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Jul 2013 16:21

ankeny We got one,Karl Shephard,scored goals in Europe but so far have not been given much of a chance.Try him out in a couple of friendly games,you never know,the lad could come good.Thats if he is not injured or even gone by now,I haven't a clue where he is.

Is this a joke?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 06 Jul 2013 16:38

Connor Wickham - Think he is still at Sunderland and might be worth a punt.

Vic_Flange

Re: UNRELIABLE BULLSH*T - The Reading Chronicle

by Vic_Flange » 06 Jul 2013 16:46

For unreliable bullshit, you don't need the Reading Chronicle or GetReading, just have a flick through Hobnob. The site is hardly in a place to patronise any other form of media.(Except maybe the increasingly odd Tim Dellor on a matchday, bless him)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Jul 2013 16:49

Good call!

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Jul 2013 17:02

Ideally Charlie Austin for me. Leonardo Ulloa > Sylvain Ebanks-Blake > Chris Wood (young up and coming) > David Nugent > Troy Deeney.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 06 Jul 2013 17:18

I'm surprised the editors are so relaxed about the persistent nonsense their sports reporters put out. I thought Jonny Fordham was bad for taking rumours off of here occasionally, but the RC is far far worse. It's just laziness, but it's unfair on the mugs out there that actually pay for the newspaper.

Vic_Flange For unreliable bullshit, you don't need the Reading Chronicle or GetReading, just have a flick through Hobnob. The site is hardly in a place to patronise any other form of media.(Except maybe the increasingly odd Tim Dellor on a matchday, bless him)

This is an open forum full of mixed opinions. It's also become more of a social network, and with that you get characters that enjoy winding others up. If you read the forum frequently then you would know there are a handful of people on here who are reliable when they choose to add something to a rumour. You just have to be choosy and wise as to what is and what isn't to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 06 Jul 2013 18:09

gazza, have you heard anything about a striker?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 06 Jul 2013 18:10

I'm surprised the editors are so relaxed about the persistent nonsense their sports reporters put out.

theyre the ones pushing for copy just to fill the column inches when theres nothing happening.
and they truly doint give a oxf*rd if its real or not. if they hear it, its a rumour, and can therefore go into the transfer gossip slots

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Jul 2013 18:11

blythspartan Connor Wickham - Think he is still at Sunderland and might be worth a punt.

He would be perfect..

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Jul 2013 18:12

SPARTA gazza, have you heard anything about a striker?

+1

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Jul 2013 18:26

YateleyRoyal I'm not surprised by your failure to notice threads about all of the above players

I haven't missed anything posted on here, but that's hardly a suitable source for a newspaper to run with and then claim "sources confirm."

Those very same rumours originated on www.football-rumours.co.uk before they made it on to here as well, so you are almost certain of them being nonsense. Having said that, someone on here is an Editor on the aforementioned website, and can see the posting history of these Kids/ITK's. When I learned he helped the site out, I asked him why the crap gets posted on there in the first place, but he confirmed the rumours have to be approved if they meet the approval guidelines (bad language, poster abuse, copy and paste from other websites, advertising of social networks etc are rejected.) But even he confirms these very rumours are the subject of serial bullshitters.

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 06 Jul 2013 20:20

Sharp has been made available and not at a difficult price. We need better if we want to surf the Championship, but he would be a good squad player. Given our current buys, we should all know that Rhodes would be the final pice of the jigsaw, unfortunately, we didn't buy him at the right time. We could have.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 06 Jul 2013 20:29

FridaysGhost Sharp has been made available and not at a difficult price. We need better if we want to surf the Championship, but he would be a good squad player. Given our current buys, we should all know that Rhodes would be the final pice of the jigsaw, unfortunately, we didn't buy him at the right time. We could have.

For once you talk sense.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Jul 2013 20:56

ankeny
FridaysGhost Sharp has been made available and not at a difficult price. We need better if we want to surf the Championship, but he would be a good squad player. Given our current buys, we should all know that Rhodes would be the final pice of the jigsaw, unfortunately, we didn't buy him at the right time. We could have.

For once you talk sense.

How do either of you know what the right price was? He joined Blackburn for £8m. For a newly promoted Premier League club and an unproven at Championship level striker, that was a massive gamble and one we quite rightly declined to make at the time. Even in hindsight you can't say we should have spent £8m on him. How do you know he would have set the world alight in the Premier League? In fact scoring goals wasn't a big problem for us last season, it was at the other end that we had our biggest problems, and McDermott's unevolving tactics.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2013 21:24

sandman
LoyalRoyalFan
SPARTA is probably the worst poster on these forums, so you might have latched onto something.

Don't do yourself down.

Good shout, unless I'm confusing my Loyal Royals. Then again, neither of us are exactly paragons of brilliance on here.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Jul 2013 22:15

I defend RC.

Yes ok so us lot who spend time here don't need to read it all again but papers are for everyone not just those fans who are signed up here. Papers try to sell and impart some news the general public in orde pr to sell. Are we really expecting some journalist to get behind the scenes and get some inside info about what's going on? Would it be in the best interest of RFC to allow that to happen? Ok so some news slips out but to be air it can't be easy and there's nothing wrong with them dipping into the most popular online resource full of all sorts of people knowing and making up all sorts of things. They have a duty to report what this forum is talking about. Sometimes they'll get info off here, sometimes it'll be other sources. To complain is daft I think.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - New signing close

by SPARTA » 06 Jul 2013 22:19

A friend of mine is certain he spotted a player at the hotel today. If it's reliable then next week we should see another addition to the squad.

gazza, can you add any weight to this mate?

801 posts