Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour - Gary Hooper

by SPARTA » 15 Jul 2013 19:26

Carrico no real loss.
Pog is a loss but not irreplaceable
Leigertwood is no real loss.
Sharp would be great.
Hooper would be a shock. Why not dig deep instead of faff about?

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 15 Jul 2013 19:41

This guy is as unreliable as the rest of them - He was the one that said we were going to sign Inzaghi a few seasons ago.

I don't trust any of them...

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 15 Jul 2013 19:48

Regarding Inzaghi, I was quoting a reliable Italian Journalist Gianluca Di Marzio who works for SkySport Italy.

I can't force anyone to believe what I have revealed tonight, but its 100% the truth which is why im sharing it with you all.

Would hope others would do the same in my position.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Jul 2013 19:55

RoyalTank This guy is as unreliable as the rest of them - He was the one that said we were going to sign Inzaghi a few seasons ago.

I don't trust any of them...

Probably the only ITK I know that spent a couple of grand on his own website to bullshit to a load of intermongs.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 15 Jul 2013 19:57

No one's going to be taking Legs while he's still post-op

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Jul 2013 19:59

We clearly need a striker. oxf*rd Sharp. Anton needs to go after Hooper, what would it take? 5m? Surely we can afford that to complete the squad.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 15 Jul 2013 20:19

LoyalRoyal22 We clearly need a striker. oxf*rd Sharp. Anton needs to go after Hooper, what would it take? 5m? Surely we can afford that to complete the squad.

That is the easy part,getting him to come is the hard bit.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Jul 2013 20:44

MrFootballManager / LoyalRoyal22 We clearly need a striker. oxf*rd Sharp. Anton needs to go after Hooper, what would it take? 5m? Surely we can afford that to complete the squad.

Yeah, every Championship trying to run the club in a sensible manner throws £5m away willy nilly.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 15 Jul 2013 20:57

One8Seven1
MrFootballManager / LoyalRoyal22 We clearly need a striker. oxf*rd Sharp. Anton needs to go after Hooper, what would it take? 5m? Surely we can afford that to complete the squad.

Yeah, every Championship trying to run the club in a sensible manner throws £5m away willy nilly.

Just a point,how can paying 5mill for a proven striker be throwing money away?Don't want a sermon just your opinion.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Jul 2013 21:02

ankeny
One8Seven1

Just a point,how can paying 5mill for a proven striker be throwing money away?Don't want a sermon just your opinion.

I think it would be a great move, but a club that want to spend within in their means (and we're pushing that to the limit already with top end wages) won't have £5m spare to throw at one striker - hence trying to swap Pogrebnyak plus I imagine some cash on top. AZ isn't going to throw money around like that, no matter how much of a bargain it may appear to be.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 15 Jul 2013 21:20

/ LoyalRoyal22"]We clearly need a striker. oxf*rd Sharp. Anton needs to go after Hooper, what would it take? 5m? Surely we can afford that to complete the squad.[/quote]

Yeah, every Championship trying to run the club in a sensible manner throws £5m away willy nilly.[/quote]
Just a point,how can paying 5mill for a proven striker be throwing money away?Don't want a sermon just your opinion.[/quote]

I think it would be a great move, but a club that want to spend within in their means (and we're pushing that to the limit already with top end wages) won't have £5m spare to throw at one striker - hence trying to swap Pogrebnyak plus I imagine some cash on top. AZ isn't going to throw money around like that, no matter how much of a bargain it may appear to be.[/quote]

Sad thing is you are right,The Reading Way is alive and kicking still.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Jul 2013 21:25

It is to a point, but we are pushing our limits now in terms of wages, infrastructure, the millions already invested to get us to Cat 1 status, and the annual £2.5m it takes to maintain it; not forgetting the new training ground we are purchasing land for and then building it.

Perhaps later his dad will put major money in, once he see's what is being developed here and what it could be with that extra push, but for now I don't think any Reading fan has a right to complain. These are very exciting times to be a Reading fan!
Last edited by One8Seven1 on 15 Jul 2013 21:27, edited 1 time in total.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Jul 2013 21:26

Does anyone really know who we will be signing a part from the powers that be at the club??

Roll on the end of August.

My worry is that we could lose the Pog and miss out on our other transfer targets. Players like Sharp, Austin and Hooper are prime targets for several clubs and we could easily lose out, even if we are willing to match the asking price.

I hope we have a plan if none of these come off.

alfiesaywhat

by alfiesaywhat » 15 Jul 2013 21:48

Coppell's Right Footed 11 Regarding Inzaghi, I was quoting a reliable Italian Journalist Gianluca Di Marzio who works for SkySport Italy.

I can't force anyone to believe what I have revealed tonight, but its 100% the truth which is why im sharing it with you all.

How do you know Hooper's keen on a move here?

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Jul 2013 21:59

alfiesaywhat
Coppell's Right Footed 11 Regarding Inzaghi, I was quoting a reliable Italian Journalist Gianluca Di Marzio who works for SkySport Italy.

why not read his articles and his tweets and you too will know.

alfiesaywhat

by alfiesaywhat » 15 Jul 2013 22:11

One8Seven1
alfiesaywhat

It was actually in the article concerning Reading wanting 'Sharp and other reinforcements' that I had read before you made this useless post. I was wondering who his contact was, as there are a lot of false rumours out there.

paulholsgrove83

by paulholsgrove83 » 15 Jul 2013 22:20

QPR have increased bid which is likely to be accepted.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 15 Jul 2013 22:20

One8Seven1

I like the way you've christened him as "MrFootballManager"!

Does he really think a Russian billionaire = unlimited budget? :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Jul 2013 10:12

alfiesaywhat
One8Seven1
alfiesaywhat How do you know Hooper's keen on a move here?

It was actually in the article concerning Reading wanting 'Sharp and other reinforcements' that I had read before you made this useless post. I was wondering who his contact was, as there are a lot of false rumours out there.

He's not going to tell you who his source is on a public message board. Even if he has one he wouldn't do that.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 16 Jul 2013 11:18

Hopefully QPR making a bid will push us into making one.

1074 posts