Re: 4-5 players lined up

by leww_rfc » 05 Aug 2014 22:49

So...

Cox
Mackie
Ferdinand

Hammond
Murray

Granted, only the first 3 have decent rumour legs but still, imagine the meltdown on a quintuplet signing.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Aug 2014 22:50

Won't be getting Murray if we're getting Cox and Mackie. Surely still need a left back?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 05 Aug 2014 22:52

I've been thinking centreback... that's the position that concerns me most. Ferdinand(if signed), Morrison, Pearce.. Hector (backup) doesn't fill me with confidence.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Aug 2014 22:58

leww_rfc I've been thinking centreback... that's the position that concerns me most. Ferdinand(if signed), Morrison, Pearce.. Hector (backup) doesn't fill me with confidence.

You're not worried by the fact we don't have a single genuine left back?

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 05 Aug 2014 23:03

Player of the season Obita seems to have come on leaps and bounds playing in that position, I see no reason to change that at the moment. Plus Cummings and Kelly can both play there, providing adequate cover.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 05 Aug 2014 23:15

LoyalRoyal22 Happy if we get Cox.. Good age.. Has real ability & a bargain at £600k. Not really bothered about Mackie, he's a glorified Noel Hunt.

Cox & a forward like Murray or that kind of standard would be ideal.

Sorry this is just complete bollox. Mackie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hunt>>>>>>>>Cox

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Aug 2014 23:19

leww_rfc Player of the season Obita seems to have come on leaps and bounds playing in that position, I see no reason to change that at the moment. Plus Cummings and Kelly can both play there, providing adequate cover.

Ok. I just think Kelly was terrible there, Cummings mediocre at best (there) and I'm not sure relying on Obita without the assistance of Jobi will work.

Be interesting to see Obita gets on without captain fantastic ahead of him actually.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Aug 2014 23:23

Ian Royal
leww_rfc Player of the season Obita seems to have come on leaps and bounds playing in that position, I see no reason to change that at the moment. Plus Cummings and Kelly can both play there, providing adequate cover.

Ok. I just think Kelly was terrible there, Cummings mediocre at best (there) and I'm not sure relying on Obita without the assistance of Jobi will work.

Be interesting to see Obita gets on without captain fantastic ahead of him actually.
not since his first season with us....put in many heralded shift when we got promoted.

Plenty of decent performances (and potential) to be tapped into still

jellytot

Re: Summer 2014 Transfer Window

by jellytot » 06 Aug 2014 01:30

Looks like this week will be pretty good with 2 or 3 new signings in!! Not sure they are mouth watering signings but ..shouldn't grumble, should we?

Still think mid table with possible play off run best we can do.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 06 Aug 2014 01:44

Ian Royal

I think you're falling foul of the assumption that since Jobi wasn't quick, he must have been providing some form of defensive work. Obita would do fine with any of our wingers in front of him.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 06 Aug 2014 02:37

I think Ian has half a point ( :o )
McAnuff, similarly to when Obita has played on the wing for us was more of a LM, than your more attacking LW. Offers a bit more protection for the left back.

I can see there being next to zero defensive cover for Obita from whoever plays in front of him this season, whether it be Blackman, HRK, Taylor or Edwards.
Think whoever is playing left sided CM will have to be given more defensive duties than last season's role.

Todd Margaret

by Todd Margaret » 06 Aug 2014 04:08

P!ssed Off I think Ian has half a point ( :o )
McAnuff, similarly to when Obita has played on the wing for us was more of a LM, than your more attacking LW. Offers a bit more protection for the left back.

I can see there being next to zero defensive cover for Obita from whoever plays in front of him this season, whether it be Blackman, HRK, Taylor or Edwards.
Think whoever is playing left sided CM will have to be given more defensive duties than last season's role.

Brek Shea available from Stoke - likely very affordable. 24 yo, 6'3", fast left wing, defends well. Also plays CB.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Aug 2014 07:57

MmmMonsterMunch
LoyalRoyal22 Happy if we get Cox.. Good age.. Has real ability & a bargain at £600k. Not really bothered about Mackie, he's a glorified Noel Hunt.

Sorry this is just complete bollox. Mackie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hunt>>>>>>>>Cox

In your opinion. Will see.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 06 Aug 2014 08:29

Royal Ginger Reading and Exeter are the only teams in the top four divisions not to have signed a player.

The race is on.

Graham Cummins on the verge of signing for Exeter. This could go right to the line.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 06 Aug 2014 09:25

After this whole painful saga of the takeover we now seem to be in a total anti climax situation based on the sort of players we are looking to sign. Two Notts F cast offs and a CH who has to try and re-prove himself. Cant see us going for Murray as he is too similar to the Pog and Palace would want around £4m for a 31 year old still recovering from injury. I know its early days but there doesn't seem to be much ambition at the moment. Are they signing these players to help keep us in the champ. and hoping the under 21's will come good in 2/3 years? I think we will just have to hope we are good enough this year to avoid a downward spiral.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 06 Aug 2014 09:30

Samrit flying in with a few Police United Players apparently according to CW

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Aug 2014 09:39

paddy20 After this whole painful saga of the takeover we now seem to be in a total anti climax situation based on the sort of players we are looking to sign. Two Notts F cast offs and a CH who has to try and re-prove himself. Cant see us going for Murray as he is too similar to the Pog and Palace would want around £4m for a 31 year old still recovering from injury. I know its early days but there doesn't seem to be much ambition at the moment. Are they signing these players to help keep us in the champ. and hoping the under 21's will come good in 2/3 years? I think we will just have to hope we are good enough this year to avoid a downward spiral.

Oh stop fcuking moaning. Every one of those players will be an improvement on what we've got. And we'll be nowhere near relegation with or without them.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Aug 2014 09:42

Aren't "other teams cast offs" and players with "something to prove" the types of players we have had most success with in the past?

And anyway you could look at nearly every other player as the cast off from another team. Do you hear Leyton Orient moaning about Jobi? After all he was a cast off from us....

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 06 Aug 2014 19:02

LoyalRoyal22
MmmMonsterMunch

In your opinion. Will see.

My opinion too (FWIW)

Didn't see anything of Cox when he was here but haven't seen him pulling up any trees when he's played against us, plus I don't like the way he got Gunter sent off in the Forest away game last season

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Aug 2014 19:43

paddy20 After this whole painful saga of the takeover we now seem to be in a total anti climax situation based on the sort of players we are looking to sign. Two Notts F cast offs and a CH who has to try and re-prove himself. Cant see us going for Murray as he is too similar to the Pog and Palace would want around £4m for a 31 year old still recovering from injury. I know its early days but there doesn't seem to be much ambition at the moment. Are they signing these players to help keep us in the champ. and hoping the under 21's will come good in 2/3 years? I think we will just have to hope we are good enough this year to avoid a downward spiral.

Who should we have gone for then?

Who would be climatic, yet still within budget?

307 posts