Emergency loan window

142 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Emergency loan window

by sandman » 06 Oct 2014 11:56

Extended-Phenotype Instead of signing someone to protect our shit defence why not sign better defenders?

You can have "shit" defenders or World Cup winning defenders, you still see the best teams have someone to sit in front of the defence and shield them.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Oct 2014 12:21

sandman
Extended-Phenotype Instead of signing someone to protect our shit defence why not sign better defenders?

You can have "shit" defenders or World Cup winning defenders, you still see the best teams have someone to sit in front of the defence and shield them.

Er, yes mate, I know. I doubt many believed discarding the role of defensive midfielder was the primary objective of my post.

Tommio

by Tommio » 06 Oct 2014 19:20

MM We shouldn't forget that it's not just a loan window open - free agents can also be picked up.

And one that I would love to have at our club is Innocent Emeghara. He's a free agent (according to Sky Sports and the player himself) and is currently in England talking to suitors (apparently Premier League and Championship clubs are interested) as it's where he wants to play.

Despite the Nigerian roots, he is Swiss, and probably best remembered for a successful spell in Italy with Siena where he scored a few goals as a central striker. I also saw him play a few times for the Swiss U21 side a few years back as a wide left attacker, and he could definitely do a good job there too - especially whilst McLeary is out.

He's only 25, hungry to play, has pace to burn, plenty of skill, and provides a decent goal threat too. I would love us to be one of those clubs chasing him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... glish-move

Still a free agent, I would definitely want him here, we need pace and that's what he's got.

MM

by MM » 07 Oct 2014 10:46

He's gone to Qarabag in Azerbaijan on a short term contract until 31st December, at which point he will hope to find a team in a more serious league. Not that I think we were ever interested in another attacking player anyway.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Oct 2014 21:47

Better to get one DM than a whole new defence ...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Oct 2014 11:40

Royalwaster

Better to get one DM than a whole new defence ...

Don't think that's really necessary, I believe the stats are

With Akpan playing

5 goals conceded

No Akpan

12 goals conceded

Suggestion is therefore that we only need that defensive midfielder and not a whole new defence

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Oct 2014 12:05

It's a role we should really be plentiful in, Karacan, Williams and Akpan can seemingly play in that ball winning midfielder role but injuries have limited us in that regard, perhaps we should be looking at loaning in a midfielder for a month or 2 until those players start coming back from injury.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 09 Oct 2014 12:07

Akpan's not a ball winner, he's an attacking midfielder.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Oct 2014 12:10

Pepe the Horseman Akpan's not a ball winner, he's an attacking midfielder.

I didn't say he was a ball winning midfielder but more that he is capable of playing that role, anytime I've seen him play lately, he doesn't seem to be bombing forward as much as he's holding a central location closing down, I have no doubt he sees himself more as an attacking midfielder but it would seem he's filled the gap left by Williams and Karacan due to their injuries.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 18 Oct 2014 17:20

Can you borrow a manager? there are a number of people out there with experience of winning! :wink:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 19 Oct 2014 20:03

You could bring in a head of football, a la Les Ferdinand at QPR

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 20 Oct 2014 11:52

0-3 Derby continues to reinforce the point we need new CBs. A holding mid might help but it won't solve the problem.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 20 Oct 2014 22:51

Extended-Phenotype 0-3 Derby continues to reinforce the point we need new CBs. A holding mid might help but it won't solve the problem.

Although having watched the highlights of the game back, a decent right back would have seen a 0-0 draw v Derby

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Oct 2014 09:11

SydenhamRoyal
Extended-Phenotype 0-3 Derby continues to reinforce the point we need new CBs. A holding mid might help but it won't solve the problem.

Although having watched the highlights of the game back, a decent right back would have seen a 0-0 draw v Derby

Whilst not solely responsible for each of the goals conceded, he was the common factor in all of them......he needs to take his defending back to the basics and get those right.

Meoci71

by Meoci71 » 22 Oct 2014 12:01

Garath McAuley not getting a look in at WBA with the form of Lescott and Dawson, surely worth an attempt to get him in at cb until jan on loan.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Oct 2014 13:57

We need a central defender and a defensive midfielder on loan and that has been known since the start of the season. Why NA has been waiting until we have serious issues with the defence instead of acting in September is beyond me.

Reckon we'll still be waiting this time next week, excuse will be we're looking for the right fit :roll:

bracksroyal10

by bracksroyal10 » 22 Oct 2014 14:29

Liking the idea of Mcauley, we desperately need a central defender.

Think we should be looking at a left back too as Obita is wasted there. We need one more player for a nice bit of depth down the left hand side. Shane Ferguson (no idea where he is now) could be a decent signing and has a great delivery if I remember correctly from free kicks.

Don't know why fans are wanting another striker, besides the Pog miss at Derby, it is not the strikers that are the problem, it is the lack of service and creativity. We lack a final through ball in open play and we only seem to be a threat when the ball is crossed high into the box for Murray/Pog to latch on to.

We need more balls on the deck played into space for Cox to run on to and finish, that is what he does best and if you wanted to move Mackie into the central role, he is more than capable too.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 24 Oct 2014 12:25

Who is the blonde?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Oct 2014 13:09

Looks to me like a foreign trialist. Not sure about his name though.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 24 Oct 2014 13:55

Antonio Trialist

142 posts