Rumour - Rinomhota

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Rumour - Rinomhota

by WoodleyRoyal » 18 Mar 2015 14:26

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/footba ... 1861959._/?

AFC PORTCHESTER’S 17-year-old attacking midfielder Andy Rinomhota is on the threshold of joining Steve Clarke's Reading.

The teenager impressed on trial with the SkyBet Championship club and Portchester are hoping to thrash out a deal with the FA Cup semi-finalists this week.

Rinomhota was part of the Royals side that drew 0-0 at Winchester City on Saturday and will play again in tonight’s Sydenhams League Cup semi- final against Blackfield & Langley at Cams Alders, Fareham (7.45).

But Portchester’s director of football Mick Jenkins does not anticipate the home-grown talent being around next season.

“He’ll be with us until the end of this season but, as of July 1, I think he will be a Reading player,” he said.

“It’s great for the kid. He’s been a real find this season.

“He’s come through the system at Portchester along with Lloyd Thomas, Eliot Roberts and Joe Noakes and the funny thing is that we probably wouldn’t have come across these boys had we had our full complement of players earlier in the season.

“But Joe Bye was suspended, Andy’s come through and hopefully he’s going to get a full-time contract with a Championship club.”

Goalkeeper Thomas also went to Reading for a week and the Royals intend to monitor his progress. The 18- year-old has got his chance to impress for Portchester because Southampton-based ex-Follands keeper Jon Webb is out long-term with cruciate knee ligament damage.

It was another goalkeeper – Winchester’s Gareth Barfoot – who caught Jenkins’ eye in the goalless stalemate at Winchester.

“A draw was probably a fair result and I would have taken it before the game, but we could have been 2-0 up at the break if it hadn’t been for Gareth,” he said.

“How he managed to get to Jack Salter-Vaile’s header full-stretch and tip it away, I don’t know. He’s the reason they kept a clean sheet on the day. He kept them in the game.”

Three ex-Blackfield players will not face their old club in tonight’s Cup semi-final. Bye is unavailable and Alex Baldacchino and Sean Thurgood are injured.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Rumour - Rinomhota

by SPARTA » 18 Mar 2015 15:13

Great name!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 18 Mar 2015 18:35

I prefer the guy who was called Joe Noakes.

But that might be because we share a surname!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 19 Mar 2015 21:52

This is old news, but admittedly hadn't been posted here before. We've agreed terms, it's happening.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Mar 2015 16:35

Andy, congratulation's on your move to Reading. You're a Portchester lad, how long have you been with AFC Portchester?

Thank you. I've been with Portchester since I was seven all the way till now, except from 2 seasons away from the club.

You've obviously played under different managers throughout the AFC Portchester youth system, finally leading up to the 1st team. How have you found your experience and what have you learnt?

I've always enjoyed playing here and each manager I've played under has supported me, and I've learnt so much from all of them.

How did the club treat you as a young player coming through the ranks?

Well, right through from the youth team to the first team, they've given me opportunities to progress on to the next level. When I was breaking into the reserves and the first team, they gradually eased me into the changes that men's football required. This really helped me as a young player.

From their site

How did it make you feel seeing the Senior team growing as a club, then making your break through into the first team?

Being with the club for such a long time, I've watched them progress a long way to where they are now. Not just on the field but the constant development of all the facilities associated with the club. For me breaking into the first team was a massive step from where I started, from having (Simon) Woodsy as manger to then playing along side him in the first team.

What has it been like playing under Graham Rix?

It's been an unbelievable experience having been coached by Graham, someone who's achieved so much at the highest level. Graham has helped me in every way possible and without him this wouldn't be happening. I've learnt so much from him.

How did you feel when you found out about the trial at Reading FC?

When I first found out I was excited and thankful for the chance. I knew I would have to work hard and make the most of the opportunity.

How did your first week go on the trial and what did you learn?

At the start I was nervous and just finding my feet. As the week went on I settled in well and found my self training with the under 21's and even the first team! The experience alone taught me so much and showed me how much hard work is needed to reach the highest level.

Could you compare anything at all between the two clubs?

The things they're teaching at Reading is the same as what Graham and Johno are trying to incorporate into Portchy. Where Graham and Johno have a great knowledge of the game, they are teaching us the same as what they are at a pro club

What would you say to any youngsters thinking of joining AFC Portchester?

Portchester are great for bringing young players through and giving them opportunities. The youth team, reserves and first team link together really well to give young players a chance to progress to the next level. You don't get this at other clubs and any young players that come here will have the best chance of progressing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Mar 2015 16:41

Good luck here Andy, keep your head down, work hard, listen and be determined to succeed and you'll have every chance of making it.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 23 Mar 2015 14:03

Unless you have one bad game. Then we will be down on you like a ton of bricks.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Mar 2015 10:39

Angry Shed Sex Unless you have one bad game. Then we will be down on you like a ton of bricks.

When did we get so lenient?

I thought it was just one bad pass or a missed goal

IceIceGylfi

by IceIceGylfi » 03 Apr 2015 18:23

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 05 Apr 2015 18:49

This is the sort of signing I've missed. The more young and hungry players that come through the door the better. Beats the Guthrie's any day!

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 06 Apr 2015 19:50

Snowball I thought it was just one bad pass or a missed goal

Only if you're name is Akpan

Blakey's Chin

by Blakey's Chin » 15 Apr 2015 14:27

One word of advice, don't find our your grandfather is half welsh and choose to play for them internationally

12 posts   •   Page 1 of 1