Fosu staying!

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Moogoescow

Fosu staying!

by Moogoescow » 26 Jun 2015 21:22

Reading winger Tariqe Fosu has signed a contract extension that keeps him at the club until the summer of 2017.

Fosu, 20, made his professional debut as a substitute in the Royals' final Championship game of last season.

"Tariqe is an exciting young talent and we are delighted that he has signed a new contract with us" manager Steve Clarke told the club's website.

"He burst onto the scene at first-team level in our last game of the season with a very impressive debut."

Wondered what people's thoughts were on him, looks like another Obita perhaps

Scampi12

Re: Fosu staying!

by Scampi12 » 26 Jun 2015 21:40

Very pleased with this news, when we was up at Derby he looked very bright. I know he came on against a depleted Derby who were already trailing and pretty much resigned to the fact they weren't going up, but he was full of energy and made some cracking little runs.

Obviously there'll be tougher tests for the lad this season but thoroughly deserves the contract and a chance to make a name for himself here at the club.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 26 Jun 2015 23:45

Moogoescow Reading winger Tariqe Fosu has signed a contract extension that keeps him at the club until the summer of 2017.

Fosu, 20, made his professional debut as a substitute in the Royals' final Championship game of last season.

"Tariqe is an exciting young talent and we are delighted that he has signed a new contract with us" manager Steve Clarke told the club's website.

"He burst onto the scene at first-team level in our last game of the season with a very impressive debut."

From the little I've seen him he's nothing like Obita. Bags more talent, half the work rate and a bit greedy. Great long shot. Smaller.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 27 Jun 2015 11:15

Ian Royal
Moogoescow Reading winger Tariqe Fosu has signed a contract extension that keeps him at the club until the summer of 2017.

From the little I've seen him he's nothing like Obita. Bags more talent, half the work rate and a bit greedy. Great long shot. Smaller.

I agree with most of that, he has far more talent than Obita who IMO is way way overrated.

Half the work rate? You have zero reason to think that.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jun 2015 15:47

Every time I've seen him he's looked, at best, somewhat laconic with little attempt to put any defensive effort in or work for the team. It's been about him waiting for the ball and then taking on players looking for glory. Sometimes it's spectacularly come off (he's clearly got talent) more often he's tried too much, kept hold of the ball too long and lost it when team mates were well positioned.

So yeah, it might not be entirely accurate. But I do have reason to think it.

There's no way Fosu would be a success at left back in the championship.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Jun 2015 19:19

Ian Royal Every time I've seen him he's looked, at best, somewhat laconic with little attempt to put any defensive effort in or work for the team. It's been about him waiting for the ball and then taking on players looking for glory. Sometimes it's spectacularly come off (he's clearly got talent) more often he's tried too much, kept hold of the ball too long and lost it when team mates were well positioned.

So yeah, it might not be entirely accurate. But I do have reason to think it.

There's no way Fosu would be a success at left back in the championship.

1. For most of last season we cried out for someone with pace and trickery who would take his man on and try and make something happen, as opposed to stopping, turning back, and passing it to another player who inevitably gave it away.

2. It's probably a good thing he's not a left back then.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Jun 2015 19:48

Thanks for that. Wasn't really relevant to the discussion though.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 27 Jun 2015 21:48

From what I've seen Stacey is a much better player currently than Fosu and has appeared ahead of him in the managers eyes.

But maybe Fosu will be one of those players who suddenly blossoms when they hit the first team.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Jun 2015 22:54

Between the two of them, McCleary, HRK, Obita and Blackman we should have enough options on the wing.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Jun 2015 09:07

Only saw him for 45mins on the telly. Pleasing news though as he looks like he could terrorise a few of the Championship old boys with his pace.

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1