JC
Hob Nob Regular

Rumour - Nathaniel Chalobah

by JC » 11 Aug 2015 23:12

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Nathaniel Chalobah

by CountryRoyal » 12 Aug 2015 00:50

Have him protecting the back 4 sitting just behind Quinn/Williams...etc, in a 4-1-4-1?

Would take him back here in an instant, so long as there is no stipulations saying he has to play.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 12 Aug 2015 03:22

Chalobah is class and with him and Williams in CM we would have a good creative spine to the side. McCleary and Fosu on the wings?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Aug 2015 07:13

Would've been delighted with this a few weeks ago. Would rather see Tshibola develop now.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 12 Aug 2015 07:56

I'd bring him in to play right back, get Gunter on the bench

Esteban

by Esteban » 12 Aug 2015 08:29

Pepe the Horseman Would've been delighted with this a few weeks ago. Would rather see Tshibola develop now.

+1

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 12 Aug 2015 08:35

Simon's Church I'd bring him in to play right back, get Gunter on the bench

Amen

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 12 Aug 2015 08:37

Agreed, said last season I have no desire for us to give youngsters from other clubs game time when we have talent of our own quite able to play and needing the experience.
Can't see the point in loaning Chalobah, or spending money on him.
The suggestion that we play him and Williams plus 2 wingers would leave Quinn in the cold, and he has looked impressive so far.
At this stage of our rebuild I would see this as a wrong move, and resource being invested in the wrong area.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 12 Aug 2015 08:39

Unless this is a loan with permanent or a straight permanent deal I see no benefit of doing this again

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Aug 2015 08:57

marlowuk Chalobah is class and with him and Williams in CM we would have a good creative spine to the side.

Not sure if serious

FWIW Chalobah did a great job here last season and I wouldn't mind signing him to help the squad as he proved to be versatile (just don't play him at CB, FFS)

However, I do fear that this would stunt the development of Khul/Tshibola, so would like to see Chalobah back on the proviso that it means 1 if not both of them are off on loan to a decent League 1 side, where they'll play regularly each week

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 12 Aug 2015 09:04

Clark needs results this year and therefore bleeding some of the youth through May put results at risk this year, if he can get chalobah on a season (or permanent) that would be a good move, allow the others to make season long loan moves and bring in a class player makes absolute sense!

If a figure could be agreed on a permanent of around £1.5-£2.5m that would be a bargain in time to come

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Aug 2015 09:07

Simon's Church I'd bring him in to play right back, get Gunter on the bench

Why are you trying to upset me?

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 12 Aug 2015 09:18

Pepe the Horseman Would've been delighted with this a few weeks ago. Would rather see Tshibola develop now.

+1

Absolutely agree we need to develop Tshibola he has the potential to grow into a very good player.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 12 Aug 2015 09:36

As much as I like Tish, he's still only 20 and has 1 game's worth of experience at this level so it would be a little foolish (IMO) to go into a 46 game season relying on him. Chalobah, on his day, would be the class midfielder in this division so if there's the opportunity to bring him back, and the move doesn't compromise our ability to bring in a couple of more creative players, then I'm very much all for this.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 12 Aug 2015 09:40

winchester_royal As much as I like Tish, he's still only 20 and has 1 game's worth of experience at this level so it would be a little foolish (IMO) to go into a 46 game season relying on him. Chalobah, on his day, would be the class midfielder in this division so if there's the opportunity to bring him back, and the move doesn't compromise our ability to bring in a couple of more creative players, then I'm very much all for this.

Were you watching the same Chalobah as me last season? "He'd be the class midfielder in this division" - really?

We need to get creative players in who will impact the first team as a priority over getting another player to benefit the squad, IMO

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 12 Aug 2015 09:47

Big Foot
winchester_royal As much as I like Tish, he's still only 20 and has 1 game's worth of experience at this level so it would be a little foolish (IMO) to go into a 46 game season relying on him. Chalobah, on his day, would be the class midfielder in this division so if there's the opportunity to bring him back, and the move doesn't compromise our ability to bring in a couple of more creative players, then I'm very much all for this.

Were you watching the same Chalobah as me last season? "He'd be the class midfielder in this division" - really?

We need to get creative players in who will impact the first team as a priority over getting another player to benefit the squad, IMO

Taken a little out of context there. I did qualify my statement with 'on his day', and I think that is the case. Some games would pass him by a little, but when he was on it he ran the middle of the park. The semi final against Arsenal being the prime example.

As I say, I like Tshibola and think he'll turn into a very good midfielder, but Chalobah is a considerable improvement on him atm.

I completely agree with the last bit of your post though, hence why I don't believe we should bring him in unless it doesn't stop us bringing in a couple of attacking players as well.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 12 Aug 2015 09:52

Would feel very sorry for Tshibola if this happens. Think Tshibola has done everything we have asked of him and he is only 5 weeks younger than Chalobah. If anything he has been let down by the RFC Academy system which tends to loan players out a lot later than Chelsea. Chalobah is therefore much more experienced than Tshibola but I am not sure that he is that much better.

And if Chalobah's loan does include the option of a permanent move then what future does Tshibola have at the club as they are very similar players. And Kuhl is only a year younger and also needs opportunity.

I tend to agree that we should be bringing our own young players through rather than using Chelsea youngsters. Would rather we strengthened up front.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Aug 2015 11:01

Nah, bring Chalobah back and give Tish a season in League One.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 12 Aug 2015 12:28

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 12 Aug 2015 12:32

Also important to remember Chalobah can provide cover at RB/LB/CB which will prove useful as I think we still look a touch short there (especially at RB).

160 posts