RUMOUR - Cox to Swindon

by Turns8 » 01 Sep 2015 12:29

Cox on his way back to Swindon...

Reports are he wants to be closer to RL... :wink:

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Cox to Swindon

by Royal Ginger » 01 Sep 2015 13:42

I heard she's already seeing plenty of Cox.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Sep 2015 13:42

:lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Sep 2015 16:19

:o

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 05 Sep 2015 23:25

clearly one or both of them are not good..................off closer to london i hear...

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 07 Sep 2015 07:36

Off to Charlton and HRK off to forest.This from a good source. :wink:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 07 Sep 2015 08:08

EverHopeful

by EverHopeful » 07 Sep 2015 09:31

HRK started most games, why would we let him move on now? I know we have cover once the new boys are up and running but Clarke must like him..............stranger things have happened I guess!

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Sep 2015 11:15

He might've been starting out of necessity not preference though and we've added good numbers in his position over the last week or so which wouldn't make it much of a shock if Robson-Kanu was one to leave.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 09 Sep 2015 10:44

I can find lots of reasons that HRK would move on.

1. He's at a stage and level where he's gonna be wanting to starting almost every game. Far from a guarantee with the competition he has here, and with mr. Tinkerer as his boss.

2. He must know that the Reading fans don't like him. Ironic cheers when he's subbed regularly? I'd be asking for a move.

3. He's not as good as the competition, despite what the Welsh think. See point 1.

Angry Shed Sex
Hob Nob Regular

by Angry Shed Sex » 09 Sep 2015 13:02

He's just not as good, or as consistent as he thinks he is.

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 09 Sep 2015 13:13

With the recent increase in the squad players like HRK and Cox will need to be at their peak performances to get in the match squad, but as Ferdinand and Blackman have shown it is possible and they and RFC would benefit. :D

I hope both do stay as I reckon both give SC more options in what is a long season.

PeterReadingborn59

by PeterReadingborn59 » 25 Sep 2015 12:02

After the Everton match:
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-boss-steve-clarke-10125707

Reading FC boss Steve Clarke: "It's up to Simon Cox to decide his future"

Simon C still gives Steve C options if he wants someone to play just off the main striker, but Simon C. is clearly down the list and only just making the bench with Sa, Vydra and Samuel unavailable, may be a loan to a club that gives Simon C pitch time and an opportunity to score or assist might be the best current option.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Sep 2015 10:45

Currently Cox wouldn't even get a game in the U21 side and in the event of a striker shortage I'd probably pick Liburd ahead of him in the first team.
Sadly it's hard to see a way back for him. For the second time in his career the club has moved on and rather left him behind.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 29 Sep 2015 15:17

he was never good enough. though I appreciate that very short spell he had of scoring for us under adkins that played some part in us staying up

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 29 Sep 2015 15:54

Nameless Currently Cox wouldn't even get a game in the U21 side and in the event of a striker shortage I'd probably pick Liburd ahead of him in the first team.
Sadly it's hard to see a way back for him. For the second time in his career the club has moved on and rather left him behind.

That is a very one dimensional view. At the start of last season Adkins largely played 4-4-2 with Cox playing off Murray. He was fine in that role and scored 8 before Christmas and if Adkins had survived and Murray stayed he might well have scored 16 or so by the end of the season. But Adkins and Murray went elsewhere and Clarke prefers one central hold up striker with two pacey players playing off that one. Frankly Cox will never be the central striker (not got the stature) or one of the pacey strikers playing off that one.

Sa and Blackman (and Pog last season) are better in the central role and McCleary, HRK, Piazon, John, Hurtado etc will all be ahead of him in the support roles.

It is not that Cox is a bad player but he simply does not fit the way Clarke wants to play. Sad for him but the truth is with more and more teams playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 the likelihood is that he will have to drop to League 1 to continue his career.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 29 Sep 2015 16:59

It's a view you agree with though. I didn't say Cox was a bad player, but the club has moved on and you can't see how he'd fit in.
How many dimensions would it require for him to get a game ? 4 ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Sep 2015 21:50

andrew1957
Nameless Currently Cox wouldn't even get a game in the U21 side and in the event of a striker shortage I'd probably pick Liburd ahead of him in the first team.

That is a very one dimensional view. At the start of last season Adkins largely played 4-4-2 with Cox playing off Murray. He was fine in that role and scored 8 before Christmas and if Adkins had survived and Murray stayed he might well have scored 16 or so by the end of the season. But Adkins and Murray went elsewhere and Clarke prefers one central hold up striker with two pacey players playing off that one. Frankly Cox will never be the central striker (not got the stature) or one of the pacey strikers playing off that one.

Sa and Blackman (and Pog last season) are better in the central role and McCleary, HRK, Piazon, John, Hurtado etc will all be ahead of him in the support roles.

It is not that Cox is a bad player but he simply does not fit the way Clarke wants to play. Sad for him but the truth is with more and more teams playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 the likelihood is that he will have to drop to League 1 to continue his career.

Agree. And a comparison with Blackman prior to this season is apt as he just didn't fit into the way we played previously.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Oct 2015 15:52

andrew1957

It is not that Cox is a bad player but he simply does not fit the way Clarke wants to play. Sad for him but the truth is with more and more teams playing 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 the likelihood is that he will have to drop to League 1 to continue his career.[/quote]

So you've more or less concurred with Nameless's verdict, except you used a far greater number of words in which to do so. Thanks for that!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Oct 2015 16:29

He must know his days have been numbered since Clarke was appointed, seeing as he didn't fit in at WBA under him either.

Isn't he out of contract in the summer? I see him leaving in January for next to nothing or on a free next June