RUMOUR: Clarke to Fulham

306 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

RUMOUR: Clarke to Fulham

by genome » 17 Nov 2015 10:44

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-10455219

Can't see it happening myself, but Charles Watts is usually pretty good with rumours.

RoyalRuss86

Re: RUMOUR: Clarke to Fulham

by RoyalRuss86 » 17 Nov 2015 12:04

Can't see this one happening after all the recent backing he has received from upstairs.

Would be a side step so not really worth it to him either.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Nov 2015 12:08

If it does happen, please, please, please let it be Nigel Pearson who replaces him.

Please.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Nov 2015 12:17

Rumour started in The Sun. Surprised they've got time to write anything other than fantasies about Ronaldo moving back to Man United.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 17 Nov 2015 13:55

Bovvered? In any case, it wouldn't look very good on Clarke's recovering CV to jump ship so soon. Fussed either way? Not really.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Nov 2015 18:10

It would be a bit baffling to go. I don't think he will and I'd rather he didn't as he's done enough for at least 'better the devil you know', but if he did decide to go then I hope he does it in the most underhand fashion possible so we can nicely vilify him and spend the next 5 years picking up easy points off whoever he is managing.

We're due one.

McGhee in 94, Pardew in 2003....

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 17 Nov 2015 20:04

The report by "Charlie Watts" sums up everything perfectly, he has been given a free reign to change this club from top to bottom, he has been backed by the impressive Thai owners and he now has his players and his backroom staff in place. To leave now would be the wrong thing to do and a sideways step, as opposed to a step forward.
I really do believe that we a tiny amount of fine tuning, the squad we have in place can and will challenge for a top two position this season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Nov 2015 21:00

A shortlist is meaningless unless the people on that list want the job.
Kind of hard to see what about the Fulham job would appeal to Clark and after our recent performance there it's hard to see why Fulham would want him !
Can't see it happening, likewise can't see it being too hard to attract a decent replacement.

TheBaldOne

by TheBaldOne » 17 Nov 2015 23:47

Clarke OUT, Hasselbaink IN. You heard it here first.

URZZZZZ

by URZZZZZ » 18 Nov 2015 00:16

Gone from 8-1 down to 3-1

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Nov 2015 07:05

This would be the biggest :| in the history of :| s. Can't see it happening.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Nov 2015 07:40

Pepe the Horseman This would be the biggest :| in the history of :| s. Can't see it happening.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 18 Nov 2015 07:44

Crowbar6753 The report by "Charlie Watts" sums up everything perfectly, he has been given a free reign to change this club from top to bottom, he has been backed by the impressive Thai owners and he now has his players and his backroom staff in place. To leave now would be the wrong thing to do and a sideways step, as opposed to a step forward.
I really do believe that we a tiny amount of fine tuning, the squad we have in place can and will challenge for a top two position this season.

This season? Not a hope in hell will we challenge for top two this season! We'll do well to nab a play-off place and then who knows.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Nov 2015 07:57

Coppelled_Streets
Crowbar6753 The report by "Charlie Watts" sums up everything perfectly, he has been given a free reign to change this club from top to bottom, he has been backed by the impressive Thai owners and he now has his players and his backroom staff in place. To leave now would be the wrong thing to do and a sideways step, as opposed to a step forward.

This season? Not a hope in hell will we challenge for top two this season! We'll do well to nab a play-off place and then who knows.

We'll see. We're on a jittery run (We've still picked up points in that run) and nobody else apart from Derby have gone on a bad run yet, they will btw. All hope is not lost in November.

Coppelled_Streets Nope! I'm pleased to say I don't miss going any more. Once upon a time I'd think nothing of driving 450 miles twice a week to watch us, League Cup inclusive, but I just don't like the game any more. I follow merely out of habit, and because, of course, I want to see us do well; but I don't care to be a part of it any more. The crazy money in the game, corrupt owners, greed (on and off the field), match day experience.. it's a different game to the one I fell in love with in 1994 stood under an old rusty roof with the hairs on the back of neck standing up, as the South Bank cheered on our underdogs. That said, the cost of season tickets/half season tickets is fantastic! I hope we add a few thousand to the gates and there's something to celebrate at the end of the season! I will join in by shrugging my shoulders and perhaps take in the odd game down the local with a steak and chips and pint of Kopparberg!

Your non-attendance suggests you're not exactly coming from the most informed angle about the capabilities of this squad and team.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 18 Nov 2015 13:30

Clarke now in at 4/5 favourite to be Fulham's next manager

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 18 Nov 2015 13:38

I think he is off....

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 18 Nov 2015 13:38

sandman
Coppelled_Streets

We'll see. We're on a jittery run (We've still picked up points in that run) and nobody else apart from Derby have gone on a bad run yet, they will btw. All hope is not lost in November.

Coppelled_Streets Nope! I'm pleased to say I don't miss going any more. Once upon a time I'd think nothing of driving 450 miles twice a week to watch us, League Cup inclusive, but I just don't like the game any more. I follow merely out of habit, and because, of course, I want to see us do well; but I don't care to be a part of it any more. The crazy money in the game, corrupt owners, greed (on and off the field), match day experience.. it's a different game to the one I fell in love with in 1994 stood under an old rusty roof with the hairs on the back of neck standing up, as the South Bank cheered on our underdogs. That said, the cost of season tickets/half season tickets is fantastic! I hope we add a few thousand to the gates and there's something to celebrate at the end of the season! I will join in by shrugging my shoulders and perhaps take in the odd game down the local with a steak and chips and pint of Kopparberg!

Your non-attendance suggests you're not exactly coming from the most informed angle about the capabilities of this squad and team.

Who's writing anyone off? I expected an 11th place finish this season, so a play-off push is way beyond my expectations! And non-attendance doesn't mean I'm uninformed.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 18 Nov 2015 13:48

I'm surprised this isn't a 10-pager yet

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Nov 2015 13:50

It'll be Pearson, surely..

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 18 Nov 2015 13:55

I'd be perplexed if this happened. Very much a sideways step.

If he does go, my #1 and #2 picks to replace him are both Kuhl.

(And as an aside, I think anyone who saw us against Ipswich knows that we have the potential to finish in an automatic promotion place. We wouldn't "do well" to "nab" a play off place - we should be firmly within the top six)

306 posts