What will be the first player Mcdermott will sign

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: What will be the first player Mcdermott will sign

by Ian Royal » 22 Dec 2015 18:28

linkenholtroyal
Royal Ginger Needs to sell before he buys. As per the thread about positions, we have a log jam of talent that can't play together.

I agree apart from I feel we may have a multitude of attacking options our defence is not quite so, we have had 3 injuries and it has left us very thread bare. I think there will be very little change towards the more attacking players the only thing of interest will be a new contract for Blackman, for once I would like to see 2 new outstanding defensive signings along the lines of byram/ a top centre back. Maybe a keeper aswell. BTW the only thing Kenny can do at his age is sit with Al Habsi and compare war stories, they are both past it IMO I know in keeper terms Al Habsi is actually not that old but he seems to be past his prime. I would love to be proved wrong.

He's in his prime. His prime is just prone to awful mistakes.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 22 Dec 2015 18:46

From Despair To Where?
John Smith
linkenholtroyal Where do you think will be the first position we will strengthen??
When do you think it will be?
Who would be the best signing for that position??

I reckon
RB
12th January
Sam Byram please

If only. Don't think we could afford him, he's one of their prized assets but would love to see it.

I was thinking of the Leeds crop he managed and Jason Pearce was always someone I was a fan of. Solid centre back, now inexplicably imo, at Wigan. Also there is Rodolph Austin who is pure class and could link uup with the other Jamaican lads we've got.

For me though it has to be a keeper, despite Bond's improvement. Paddy Kenny is a free agent...

Byram is out of contract at the end of the season and refusing to sign a new contract and will bo go a mid table Premiership club for about a quarter what he's worth, Paddy Kenny has just quit Bury because he's crocked and Rudi Austin is at Brondby so not sure he would move as he's more or less guaranteed European football every season.

Austin also got refused a UK work permit for some strange reason.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 22 Dec 2015 23:51

John Smith
From Despair To Where?
John Smith Byram is out of contract at the end of the season and refusing to sign a new contract and will bo go a mid table Premiership club for about a quarter what he's worth, Paddy Kenny has just quit Bury because he's crocked and Rudi Austin is at Brondby so not sure he would move as he's more or less guaranteed European football every season.

Byram is out of contract at the end of the season and refusing to sign a new contract and will bo go a mid table Premiership club for about a quarter what he's worth, Paddy Kenny has just quit Bury because he's crocked and Rudi Austin is at Brondby so not sure he would move as he's more or less guaranteed European football every season.

Whilst I respect your opinion, you're wrong.

Not as often as you though.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 23 Dec 2015 08:50

I reckon
RB
12th January
Sam Byram please[/quote]
If only. Don't think we could afford him, he's one of their prized assets but would love to see it.

I was thinking of the Leeds crop he managed and Jason Pearce was always someone I was a fan of. Solid centre back, now inexplicably imo, at Wigan. Also there is Rodolph Austin who is pure class and could link uup with the other Jamaican lads we've got.

For me though it has to be a keeper, despite Bond's improvement. Paddy Kenny is a free agent...[/quote]

Byram is out of contract at the end of the season and refusing to sign a new contract and will bo go a mid table Premiership club for about a quarter what he's worth, Paddy Kenny has just quit Bury because he's crocked and Rudi Austin is at Brondby so not sure he would move as he's more or less guaranteed European football every season.[/quote]

Austin also got refused a UK work permit for some strange reason.[/quote]

Just wondering how many times you have watched Austin play? Pearce is decent but Byram out of our league. Kenny was awful.

Snowball136

by Snowball136 » 23 Dec 2015 09:16

NOT suggesting him, but was browsing, see Alex Pearce
has played just the one game for Derby the season.

That went well, Alex

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Dec 2015 10:32

How many games have karacan, Pearce and feds played this season?

DaddyKuhl

by DaddyKuhl » 23 Dec 2015 10:49

Not really sure who we should sign. Maybe McCarthy on loan. I cannot see signing anyone below 2 - 2.5 million that would enhance the team. I also get the feeling the club doesn't want to spend much until we get promoted

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Dec 2015 11:16

They want to get promoted, so spending when we get promoted is a bit of an irrelevance right now.
I think they will do what we usually do and tell the manager to make his case for the player(s) he needs and take it from there.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Dec 2015 11:34

melonhead How many games have karacan, Pearce and feds played this season?

Federici has played 8 games for Bournemouth, 5 in the PL and 3 in the LC. He has recorded 1 clean sheet v Hartlepool in the LC.
Karacan has amassed 3 appearances for Galatasaray, 2 in the Turkish Super League and 1 in the Champions League at Atletico Madrid.
Pearce has managed 1 appearance for Derby in a LC defeat at Portsmouth in August.

So that's 12 appearances between them. Unclear how many of those are appearances as a substitute but would imagine that all 3 of Jem's are and probably 1 of Federici's

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Dec 2015 11:39

ive got a funny feeling he started in the champions league
may have dreamt it

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 23 Dec 2015 11:47

He did.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 23 Dec 2015 16:45

Robert Beric

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Dec 2015 18:51

Sutekh

Federici has played 8 games for Bournemouth, 5 in the PL and 3 in the LC. He has recorded 1 clean sheet v Hartlepool in the LC.
Karacan has amassed 3 appearances for Galatasaray, 2 in the Turkish Super League and 1 in the Champions League at Atletico Madrid.
Pearce has managed 1 appearance for Derby in a LC defeat at Portsmouth in August.

So that's 12 appearances between them. Unclear how many of those are appearances as a substitute but would imagine that all 3 of Jem's are and probably 1 of Federici's

Still, they're all doing better than we are (currently) and even Pearce is looking at a realistic chance of earning Prem wages next year, despite barely playing at all. They're certainly on more than if they'd stayed here.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 23 Dec 2015 21:29

Naismith.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Dec 2015 08:13

Sutekh

Having deposed Boruc of the jersey, Feds has been out injured for the past few weeks.

Collectively, I guess the question is, just how many games they would've played if they'd stayed?

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 24 Dec 2015 11:38

AthleticoSpizz
Sutekh

Having deposed Boruc of the jersey, Feds has been out injured for the past few weeks.

Collectively, I guess the question is, just how many games they would've played if they'd stayed?

Think Feds would have been ever present, and probably Pearce as well given this would probably have meant not signing McShane. Unknown is Jem, but I can't see him getting in above Norwood or Williams, so I think he would have spent most of his time on the bench.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 26 Dec 2015 01:03

Would have got a few games during our midfield injury crisis.
None of them in the champions league though

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 29 Dec 2015 16:30

Winston Smith Robert Beric

Shame we didn't get him in the summer.

Coppelled_Streets

by Coppelled_Streets » 29 Dec 2015 17:13

DaddyKuhl I cannot see signing anyone below 2 - 2.5 million that would enhance the team.

What a bizarre thing to say!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Dec 2015 19:36

Coppelled_Streets
DaddyKuhl I cannot see signing anyone below 2 - 2.5 million that would enhance the team.

What a bizarre thing to say!

Agreed. Plenty of hungry players that we could get which is exactly what we need. We've got the talent, we need players who are prepared to give everything for the team.