Victor Anichibe - Free Agent

bracksroyal10

Victor Anichibe - Free Agent

by bracksroyal10 » 16 May 2016 12:55

Big powerful striker who could do a job in the Championship for a couple of years.

Exactly what we have been missing up top and would be surprised if there was a lot of Premier League interest in him.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: Victor Anichibe - Free Agent

by WoodleyRoyal » 16 May 2016 13:00

33 goals in 220 games.... it's a no from me

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 16 May 2016 13:42

In his best season he managed just six goals - no thanks

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 16 May 2016 13:44

No,no, definitely no.
So Nicky Hammond will give a good reference for us to sign him.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 16 May 2016 14:10

Donkey.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 16 May 2016 14:21

UpNorth In his best season he managed just six goals - no thanks

While I want to say that doesn't paint the whole picture, as a ratio for that season isn't bad, there's a reason he's Everton's most used substitute player.

I reckon he'd be worth a punt, ftr, as its a drop down, he's not awful and he'd offer something different to what we've got. He'd need a foil (pray for Denniss) but as a battering ram centre forward, we could do worse.

TheBaldOne

by TheBaldOne » 16 May 2016 14:53

Would kill it at this level. But we wouldn't be able to afford his wages

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 16 May 2016 17:20

stealthpapes

While I want to say that doesn't paint the whole picture, as a ratio for that season isn't bad, there's a reason he's Everton's most used substitute player.

I reckon he'd be worth a punt, ftr, as its a drop down, he's not awful and he'd offer something different to what we've got. He'd need a foil (pray for Denniss) but as a battering ram centre forward, we could do worse.

Yep, agree with that.

As I said in the Steven Taylor thread there's loads of players that get slated for being poor based on their Premier League lowlights but actually look pretty good at Championship level.

A lot depends on their fitness and mentality of course.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 16 May 2016 18:21

stealthpapes

Having just signed two strikers I doubt there would be funds for another ? ..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2016 19:27

A bit of a lump who doesn't particularly know where the goal is. It's a no from me.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 16 May 2016 20:32

Longhorn1970
stealthpapes

Having just signed two strikers I doubt there would be funds for another ? ..

Brian Clough's first, no, second rule of football management.

If something better, or different, comes along, go for it.

By my reckoning, we've only got two senior strikers. He's on a free and he's got something to prove. He's better, and different to, Cox.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 17 May 2016 10:03

cox has gone hasn't he?

personally id take him as kermo replacement/back up
but not if no one else is incoming, because a kermo/anichebe rakels/samuels strikeforce isn't filling me with much hope at all.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 May 2016 14:35

Sometimes a big awkward lump that literally can put his weight into off balancing defenders is just the right solution in some games. I would be up for this as the Championship is not the Premier League and he would certainly be a different option which we need.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 17 May 2016 14:47

Sutekh Sometimes a big awkward lump that literally can put his weight into off balancing defenders is just the right solution in some games. I would be up for this as the Championship is not the Premier League and he would certainly be a different option which we need.

I'd be a different option up front.

My problem with Anichebe is that he's below par at everything. Not quick, not skilful, can't run with the ball, not good enough in the air, not good enough on the ground, doesn't really create chances, hardly scores any goals. He is strong but that's not enough to bring him in for. A battering-ram striker isn't what we should be looking at and isn't a long-term solution.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 17 May 2016 23:31

stealthpapes

I agree, most of his apperances are as a substitute so it definitely doesn't tell the full story. He's actually not too bad with the ball at his feet, decent enough finisher on the ground and not bad in the air either.

He's only ever played in the Premier League so his experience could be valuable, could tear up the Championship as well with the right team around him. Deffo worth a punt if we could persuade him to join on reasonable wages.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 18 May 2016 01:29

MoorgateRoyal
My problem with Anichebe is that he's below par at everything. Not quick, not skilful, can't run with the ball, not good enough in the air, not good enough on the ground, doesn't really create chances, hardly scores any goals.

He's managed to forge a career in the Premiership scoring 24 goals in the last decade and becoming a millionaire in the process.

Amazingly the post 1992–93 Sky generation still think the Prem is the best league in the world and that anyone who has played there would tear up the Championship.

Victor at this very moment is probably quietly stroking himself off at the thought that he has blagged his way to millions whilst impersonating a Professional footballer, fair play to the bloke

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 18 May 2016 08:38

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 18 May 2016 08:56

RoyallyFcuked

He's only ever played in the Premier League so his experience could be valuable, could tear up the Championship as well with the right team around him.

Last player we had that people were confidently predicting would tear up the Championship was Pog. So... I'm out.

MoorgateRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MoorgateRoyal » 18 May 2016 10:59

72 bus
MoorgateRoyal
My problem with Anichebe is that he's below par at everything. Not quick, not skilful, can't run with the ball, not good enough in the air, not good enough on the ground, doesn't really create chances, hardly scores any goals.

He's managed to forge a career in the Premiership scoring 24 goals in the last decade and becoming a millionaire in the process.

Amazingly the post 1992–93 Sky generation still think the Prem is the best league in the world and that anyone who has played there would tear up the Championship.

Victor at this very moment is probably quietly stroking himself off at the thought that he has blagged his way to millions whilst impersonating a Professional footballer, fair play to the bloke

Oh yeah, anyone who can stretch such limited ability as far as he has done, deserves credit.

I have nothing against the guy and if we did sign him, I'd support him so long as he tried his best every week. You can't get annoyed at someone who's total gash but trying his best.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 May 2016 12:04

Wait for him to have the Roberts effect wherever he goes.