Wout Weghorst

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GazzTheSpaz

Wout Weghorst

by GazzTheSpaz » 21 Jul 2016 10:02

Dutch striker Wout Weghorst says he rejected Reading FC this summer - opting instead to join AZ Alkmaar.

The frontman attracted the attention of several clubs following an impressive 2015/16 campaign in which he scored 14 goals in 37 games for Heracles.

And Reading were one of those interested, with Jaap Stam keen to bring the 23-year-old to Madejski Stadium.

But, despite Royals offering far higher wages, Weghorst decided to stay in Holland and replace Vincent Janssen at AZ.

Speaking about the move, he said: “At this stage it is not about the money - I want to get the most out of my opportunities. I chose to walk the same path as Vincent."

GazzTheSpaz

Re: Wout Weghorst

by GazzTheSpaz » 21 Jul 2016 10:04

Does anyone else think it sounds like he just totally bottled it? Isn't the Championship one of the best platforms to the best leagues in the world? Because everyone's heard of Vincent Janssen and the amazing route he took

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Jul 2016 11:16

GazzTheSpaz Does anyone else think it sounds like he just totally bottled it? Isn't the Championship one of the best platforms to the best leagues in the world? Because everyone's heard of Vincent Janssen and the amazing route he took

Same route many Eredivisie strikers have taken? become top scorer there and get a big money move to a premier league club. Then either be wildly disappointing or fantastic. I cant think of one Dutch league striker moving to the Championship and going on to have great success..

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 21 Jul 2016 11:35

Wout happened here then?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1