193 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Rumour - Asamoah Gyan

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2016 14:53

CountryRoyal
royalp-we What attitude problems are people referring to?

Appaz he murdered and sacrificed a rapper and raped some chick. Nothing too untoward.

The 'chick' has an interesting background and is certainly not the type of person that she portrayed herself to be (features in a couple of 'interesting' video clips). Some appear to be suggesting that her claim is somewhat less than founded and probably financially driven.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2016 14:56

Lacoste
Hogmeister Royal I see the press are saying Fulham were also interested, but couldn't afford his wages. Which makes it an exact parallel with Pog, in that Fulham couldn't afford him at the time either.

Anyone getting a feeling of deja vu here? :lol:

I don't think we should sign him mainly because if he wasn't a footballer he would be trying to get your credit card details and would be on every scam going, he's that type of character. He could easily disrupt team harmony and is generally a bad egg.

But to say it's like the pog deal is laughable. It's a year loan for ffs so at worst he'all be gone in a year so if the owners believe they can aford him for a season then so be it.

Not like we'll be stuck with him for three.

Lest some on here forget, Pog was a pretty decent player, praised for his great attitude by manager and coaches and someone who always appeared to give his all for us.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Aug 2016 15:01

Hendo
Silver Fox This will obviously be a cracking signing, so no surprise to see so many against it on here, I really don't know why some of you bother, although claims that if he wasn't a footballer he'd be running credit card scams give some clue to the motivation.

Massive +1 on this.

"Show some ambition and spend some money to buy a striker with a proven goal-scoring record!"

"Proven Premier League goal scorer Assamoha Gyan?"

" oxf*rd Off, some drivel about him being a bad egg, playing in a crap league, he is older than he says he is, some more crap."

:|

He will be an excellent signing and I'm happy to go on record saying that. At the end of the day we have been crying out for a natural goal scorer and the club are putting together a deal to bring one to the club yet people still moan. Reading fans will never cease to amaze me. Thank god we actually have people in charge who know what they are doing and don't have to listen to mong fans!

How many big name signings have worked out for the club?

Happy to give him a chance and it's a signing I'm happy with but past experience shows that we don't do well with these types of signings. I don't blame people for being sceptical.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Aug 2016 15:29

I doubt the ones sceptical and pissed off about the prospect of Gyan coming to Reading are the ones clamouring for a new signing with PL experience.

But if they are, they probably had in mind someone with PL experience more recently than 2012, and who hadn't just spent 5 years in a standard of football that probably would be about League 1 standard at best over here.

The door that had cracked open a fraction for Dominic Samuel will be slammed shut again if this happens which seems to be par for the course.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Aug 2016 15:43

Sadly Samuel slams that door shut himself due to his injury issues.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Aug 2016 16:04

sandman
Hendo
Silver Fox This will obviously be a cracking signing, so no surprise to see so many against it on here, I really don't know why some of you bother, although claims that if he wasn't a footballer he'd be running credit card scams give some clue to the motivation.

Massive +1 on this.

"Show some ambition and spend some money to buy a striker with a proven goal-scoring record!"

"Proven Premier League goal scorer Assamoha Gyan?"

" oxf*rd Off, some drivel about him being a bad egg, playing in a crap league, he is older than he says he is, some more crap."

:|

He will be an excellent signing and I'm happy to go on record saying that. At the end of the day we have been crying out for a natural goal scorer and the club are putting together a deal to bring one to the club yet people still moan. Reading fans will never cease to amaze me. Thank god we actually have people in charge who know what they are doing and don't have to listen to mong fans!

How many big name signings have worked out for the club?

Happy to give him a chance and it's a signing I'm happy with but past experience shows that we don't do well with these types of signings. I don't blame people for being sceptical.

They haven't always worked out but that is no reason for us to immediately dismiss him because of that record. What if this is the one that does work. FTR I would say Jason Roberts was a big name signing, we bought him in to do a job, which he did, he got injured after he did that job, we should've got someone in the cover that, but we didn't.

sandman Sadly Samuel slams that door shut himself due to his injury issues.

I agree with this, sadly he seems to be made of glass.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Aug 2016 16:06

This unfortunately, any manager looking to build a front line around Samuel would be negligent, given his injury record. He will be a star I think, and if he stays fit and takes any chances that come his way either off the bench or in cups, then he could easily force his way in.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Aug 2016 16:07

RoyalBlue
Lacoste
Hogmeister Royal I see the press are saying Fulham were also interested, but couldn't afford his wages. Which makes it an exact parallel with Pog, in that Fulham couldn't afford him at the time either.

Anyone getting a feeling of deja vu here? :lol:

I don't think we should sign him mainly because if he wasn't a footballer he would be trying to get your credit card details and would be on every scam going, he's that type of character. He could easily disrupt team harmony and is generally a bad egg.

But to say it's like the pog deal is laughable. It's a year loan for ffs so at worst he'all be gone in a year so if the owners believe they can aford him for a season then so be it.

Not like we'll be stuck with him for three.

Lest some on here forget, Pog was a pretty decent player, praised for his great attitude by manager and coaches and someone who always appeared to give his all for us.

I thought he was quite poorly treated by a lot of our fans. He came with big wages but that wasn't his fault. I was quite fond of Pog. The goal he scored v Chelsea was one of the best headed goals I've probably seen.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Aug 2016 16:51

paultheroyal Just take it on face value and not speculate.

The club are now on a sound footing and they are not going to piss money up the wall so oxf*rd the wages and assume his parent club are picking it up.

His bio says he is 30 so he is 30 end of.

Excellent goalscoring record.

Pre signing majority of clubs would want him, post signing "he's shit, journeyman, money grabber etc etc".

How exciting is this transfer window after years of drivel. Bloody enjoy it fans for Christ sake!!

:lol:

People said last year's window was exciting, it turned out bad.

JIM

by JIM » 29 Aug 2016 17:24

FFS, its all over SKY NEWS, There must be some truth in it,

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 29 Aug 2016 17:28

Failed his medical.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 29 Aug 2016 17:41

Royalwaster Failed his medical.

Where did you hear this?

JIM

by JIM » 29 Aug 2016 17:52

Failed medical is never released by the club, So this is just crap.
Must be a fulham supporter , jealouse

George_

by George_ » 29 Aug 2016 18:02

People moaning we're signing him are the same who would moan if we signed a striker from league 2 or the Latvian 2nd division.

Potentially he could be unbelievable for us if he still has it. We've been crying out for a natural goal scorer since ALF and he could be it.

Jaap would have assessed his options and obvusaly feels like it's a good signing. He decided not to sign VDV so is obviously not getting drawn into signing people just because they are a big name in the game.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 29 Aug 2016 18:30

JIM Failed medical is never released by the club, So this is just crap.

Of course they are... Maybe not directly but look at when Remy didn't join Liverpool or Boyd to Forest etc

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 29 Aug 2016 18:38

TBM
JIM Failed medical is never released by the club, So this is just crap.

Of course they are... Maybe not directly but look at when Remy didn't join Liverpool or Boyd to Forest etc

Confirmed today that Cheick Tiote failed a medical at Galatasarasy

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Aug 2016 18:41

JIM

by JIM » 29 Aug 2016 18:55

OK I stand corrected, I was wrong,

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 29 Aug 2016 18:59

JIM OK I stand corrected, I was wrong,

No! Not you.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Aug 2016 19:02

Exactly this. And when he finally recovers fitness and stays fit there is nothing to stop him forcing the door open with some good performances off the bench.

193 posts